Sign in to follow this  
Bad_T

AIG AI Manager OCI for MSFS - quick first steps (video)

Doesn't work for me...airports are empty

Intel i9 12900K, Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z690-A Wifi D4, GSkill 32gb, RTX 4090

Regards Chris Kathi

1 hour ago, Severne said:

Doesn't work for me...airports are empty

Screenshots of configuration of both AIM and TC would be helpful.

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

I can not figure this out I have been over and over this tutorial and can't figure out what I have done wrong.  I am not seeing any traffic no matter what I do or what setting I put it on.  

AIG Manager 1.1.0.42 is in the directory               C:\AIG_AIManager_1.1

Traffic Controller 0.5.0.5 is in                               C:\AIG_TrafficController 

To launch Traffic Controller I have a short cut that shows:  "C:\AIG_TrafficController\AIGTech - Traffic Controller.exe" -MSFS2020  with a directory of    C:\AIG_TrafficController              Is that a problem?

spacer.png

I have USE AIGFP checked. I have the OCI directory in settings in Traffic Controller as:

C:\Users\aniir\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\Community\aig-aitraffic-oci-beta      this is the correct directory, I have no way to change it.  Is it supposed to stop at community?

spacer.png

When I launch traffic controller and then launch MSFS I never see airplanes spawn in then when I go out of full screen and look at the TC map there is no map and it just freezes.  I have no planes spawn in so I quit MSFS and when I do I notice that Traffic Controller is no longer running. One time when MSFS was already running i started traffic controller and I got the map and 2 airplanes appeared on the map and on the screen but they were generics.

I don't get an error it just stops running. 

When I look at the directory

C:\Users\aniir\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\Community\aig-aitraffic-oci-beta

I see airplane models and textures in SimObjects>Airplanes

spacer.png

In traffic files I have a ton of traffic file bgls that correspond to the airlines I downloaded. 

OCI_Configuration folder is empty.

C:\Users\aniir\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\Community\aig-aitraffic-oci-beta\Airports            is empty in all folders and there is on file that is an XML called InstalledAirpoirts DB     ... Is that normal?

I have troubleshot this for 2 days and can not figure out what is going on. What's wierd is that AI Manager is saying I only have 54 flight plans?  Should I have hundreds?

only54-flightplans.jpg

FLIGHTSIM settings are.

DATA>  REAL WORLD TRAFFIC: ON      TRAFFIC: REALTIME-ONLINE TRAFFIC    I should be seeing something. 

Edited by aniiran
add pics of configs

I select all airlines, check Skip manual Download and then Click OCI-Bulk, but it still pops up a manual downlaod when it gets to AEGEAN. I've Task Manager quit AIM, ran it again and same thing. I've made sure that Skip manual Download is checked, but it still pops up the dialog box and want to manually download Aegean.

manual-still.png

Edited by Phantoms

James

I tried skipping past that airline and only selecting a few, checking skip manual download and then bulk and yet again, it gets stuck wanting to manually install a file. I can't install this way, I haven't the time to sit here and do a manual install each time one comes up. I haven't a clue why it won't skip the manual files.

manual-still02.png

James

Well, after manually installing that first manual file (AITRSP_v1.8), instead of task manager quitting AIM, It seems to be going well. It's up into the "C" airlines now without asking for another manual file. Hopefully, it was just that first manual file and when I wake up tomorrow all will be good.

James

10 minutes ago, Phantoms said:

Well, after manually installing that first manual file (AITRSP_v1.8), instead of task manager quitting AIM, It seems to be going well. It's up into the "C" airlines now without asking for another manual file. Hopefully, it was just that first manual file and when I wake up tomorrow all will be good.

The server probably just had a hiccup.

I figured out my issue.  In the MSFS I had Use Generic Models as NO, it should be YES. Now I see ground traffic using the AIG models.  I still have an issue with model mismatch and an overall lack of traffic, but that could be because it is 10:30PM on the west coast.  But at the very least I have some airplanes doing things.  I have only seen landing, but one Alaska 737 landed and taxied to the gate so I know it is working.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tuskin38 said:

The server probably just had a hiccup.

Nope, he had to download that one file then then rest works with the Skip Manual Download button checked. It caught me and others out fairly easily as it's not mentioned anywhere

• Like 1

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

6 hours ago, Phantoms said:

Where does this go as its finished installing, but the AI Manager keeps getting interrupted by it wanting me to download it.

Regards Brian

8 hours ago, aniiran said:

FLIGHTSIM settings are.

DATA>  REAL WORLD TRAFFIC: ON      TRAFFIC: REALTIME-ONLINE TRAFFIC    I should be seeing something. 

FS settings are wrong.  Real World Traffic should be off, Real World Online Traffic should be off.  Launch MSFS, Launch AIGTC, press the inject button.  Do you run multiple sims?  If not you don't need the shortcut with the -MSFS switch.,  Just launch AIGTC as an admin.  

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

22 minutes ago, psolk said:

FS settings are wrong.  Real World Traffic should be off, Real World Online Traffic should be off.  Launch MSFS, Launch AIGTC, press the inject button.  Do you run multiple sims?  If not you don't need the shortcut with the -MSFS switch.,  Just launch AIGTC as an admin.  

Hi. Could you please help me to understand this MSFS switch? I have made a shortcut to the .exe file. How must I add this and why? How does the shortcut look exactly? Regards.

Peter Webber

Prepar3D v5 & MSFS / Windows 10 Home Edition / CPU i7-7700K / MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium / Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 500GB / Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz / MSI Geforce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X

1 minute ago, Peter Webber said:

Hi. Could you please help me to understand this MSFS switch? I have made a shortcut to the .exe file. How must I add this and why? How does the shortcut look exactly? Regards.

Hi Pete!  To be honest I am not using the shortcut switch.  I just extracted the AIGTC folder and launched AIGTC as an admin.  It recognized MSFS on it's own.  Are you using AIG for P3D and MSFS? 

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

7 minutes ago, psolk said:

Hi Pete!  To be honest I am not using the shortcut switch.  I just extracted the AIGTC folder and launched AIGTC as an admin.  It recognized MSFS on it's own.  Are you using AIG for P3D and MSFS? 

I've only used TC for MSFS. Never for P3D..

• Like 1

Peter Webber

Prepar3D v5 & MSFS / Windows 10 Home Edition / CPU i7-7700K / MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium / Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 500GB / Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz / MSI Geforce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X