Sign in to follow this  
Bad_T

AIG AI Manager OCI for MSFS - quick first steps (video)

13 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

For me FPS hit is between -2 and -7 FPS with the A32NX and everything on ultra (average CPU and GPU), that is with 100% traffic.

Still seeing more fps hit than that at 100% (with all ~1200 flightplans) - need to drop at or below 70% injection to minimize drops at major hubs. How many flight plans are you loading, and what is the delta - between no traffic enabled in sim, or against default traffic?

Also getting stuttering and long frames being introduced with Traffic Manager running the background, even when flying at distance from any hub. Still trying to get to the bottom of that...

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, DylanM said:

Still seeing more fps hit than that at 100% (with all ~1200 flightplans) - need to drop at or below 70% injection to minimize drops at major hubs. How many flight plans are you loading, and what is the delta - between no traffic enabled in sim, or against default traffic?

Also getting stuttering and long frames being introduced with Traffic Manager running the background, even when flying at distance from any hub. Still trying to get to the bottom of that...

I have all flightplans. I checked only AIG 100% vs no traffic at all.
Bear in mind that my FPS is locked to 30 and (if unlocked) usually around 33 at big airports with the A32NX, so a -5 FPS hit is quite a bit. It will probably be a lot bigger when you usually have 60 FPS, since FPS hits normally work percentagewise and not in absolute numbers. I also have to drop injection to 70% at eg. EDDF to keep around 30 FPS, but that's still more than enough traffic.
The stuttering you get is probably when a lot of new traffic is injected - I get that usually once when the first traffic injects right after loading the flight and then again when coming closer to a big airport (which triggers a lot of planes there). Not really annoying, though, since it's only 2-3 times per flight, takes one second and - most important - I know exactly that everything is good and working as it should.
Since you mention that it happens "at distance form any hub" - could be airways with heavy traffic or you are closer to a hub than you think you are.

EDIT: Terrain LOD matters a lot, of course. It kills my CPU (Ryzen 3600) and therefore I have to leave it at 200 when using airliners with AIG. I can put it back to 400 a while after take off.

Edited by Fiorentoni
  • Like 1

OCI showed 347 sim objects listed before the updater ran,  356 when it completed.   Glad to see the 747-400 and 737-900 making their appearance.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

Bear in mind that my FPS is locked to 30 and (if unlocked) usually around 33 at big airports with the A32NX, so a -5 FPS hit is quite a bit. It will probably be a lot bigger when you usually have 60 FPS, since FPS hits normally work percentagewise and not in absolute numbers. I also have to drop injection to 70% at eg. EDDF to keep around 30 FPS, but that's still more than enough traffic.
The stuttering you get is probably when a lot of new traffic is injected - I get that usually once when the first traffic injects right after loading the flight and then again when coming closer to a big airport (which triggers a lot of planes there). Not really annoying, though, since it's only 2-3 times per flight, takes one second and - most important - I know exactly that everything is good and working as it should.
Since you mention that it happens "at distance form any hub" - could be airways with heavy traffic or you are closer to a hub than you think you are.

Thanks and good points. I do run at 60 locked which is why I may be seeing a larger drop (another symptom is GPU usage drops below 60-70%, which is a sure sign of queuing). And the stuttering issue is strange as it can occur far from any hubs. I see there's an update to objects in the Manager, so will run that and repair tools again.

27 minutes ago, anilozakinci said:

Hi. How will the EXE start as msfs? Always starts as P3DV5.  😞

https://www.mediafire.com/view/8q84nlrc3ojur9k/a%C4%B1sorunu.png

For the AIM you can choose when you click the exe. A little box right in the middle of the logo (that is the big logo that appears after you started the exe) where you can drop down and choose MSFS instead of P3D.

Edited by Fiorentoni

36 minutes ago, Waldo Pepper said:

OCI showed 347 sim objects listed before the updater ran,  356 when it completed.   Glad to see the 747-400 and 737-900 making their appearance.

With all 1200+ flight plans installed, mine only shows around 305 sim objects.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

10 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

AIM için exe'yi tıkladığınızda seçebilirsiniz. Logonun tam ortasındaki küçük bir kutu (bu, exe'yi başlattıktan sonra görünen büyük logodur) burada aşağı inip P3D yerine MSFS'yi seçebilirsiniz.

Thank you for your answer. AIG TRAFFIC exe also has this option. AIG AIM goes by too fast and this option is not available. I am sorry for my English.

2 hours ago, Espana Pete said:

Please excuse my ignorance, but what is a VMR?

It is a file that contains a custom model matching rule set for use with vPilot on VATSIM. 🙂 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, captain420 said:

With all 1200+ flight plans installed, mine only shows around 305 sim objects.

I just checked,   I show 38,997 airports,  1218 flight plans,   356 sim objects.

Not sure if it makes a difference,  but I have Navigraph AIRAC Cycle 2111 Rev.3 installed in my sim.

1 hour ago, anilozakinci said:

Thank you for your answer. AIG TRAFFIC exe also has this option. AIG AIM goes by too fast and this option is not available. I am sorry for my English.

Hm are you sure you downloaded the right version for AIM (1.1 beta)? For me AIM does not go by at all, before I choose MSFS or P3D from the dropdown box.

2 hours ago, Fiorentoni said:

EDIT: Terrain LOD matters a lot, of course. It kills my CPU (Ryzen 3600) and therefore I have to leave it at 200 when using airliners with AIG. I can put it back to 400 a while after take off.

Hi,

mostly same experinece on my system. I have an Ryzen 3800XT with a RTX 3090. I am angry, that only so less VRAM is used by the sim. I am still not running in 4K. This will follow in the future. Then the mass of VRAM is hopefully usefull.

I also fly everthing in ultra or highest possible values. After installing all flightplans (took round about 5 hours and 30 minutes) and set traffic to 100 % I did some testing at big airports like EDDF, kORD, KEWR and so on...

I had only during injecting fps drops up to 6-7. I am running at 30 frames locked. After loading I can see a drop of 0,5-1,0 frames.... That s quite good. :-)... I reduced during flying to round about 70 %. Reason for that is the beta version and the horrible behaviour of AI traffic (thanx Asobo). Hope they will give out the whole SDK so some people could code some usefull tools like AI Smooth and so on ...

I tuned the LOD o ground back to 200. At big airports 400 is not workong ... On cruise level or during climb I can pump it up back to 400 without stuttering. I did the test at KDFW. LOD 400 stuttering extremely with 22 fps. LOD 200, no stuttering with 30 frames locked.

greets Klaus

Edited by B 747-200

1 hour ago, Waldo Pepper said:

I just checked,   I show 38,997 airports,  1218 flight plans,   356 sim objects.

Not sure if it makes a difference,  but I have Navigraph AIRAC Cycle 2111 Rev.3 installed in my sim.

aha, mine shoes with all installed flightplans 39.901 Airports, 1281 flight plans, 168 sim object...

Where does the difference come from ?!?!?! in the simobjects folder of AIG in community there are 117 different folders of aircraft types ....

Strange ..

greets Klaus

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

AIM (1.1 beta) için doğru sürümü indirdiğinizden emin misiniz? Benim için, açılır kutudan MSFS veya P3D'yi seçmeden önce AIM hiç geçmiyor.

Yes I downloaded 1.1. I press exe and it tells me to close for update and it updates. It doesn't offer any options.