Sign in to follow this  
waltpop

Rex Weather Force 2020

Anyone here using Rex Weather Force 2020? I have it. It was working fine until I did the Rex update, and now it's not working. TAF data not available, Not sowing Temp/Dew Point/Wind/Wind speed or gusts. Search for Airport and I get "Your search did not result in any records." It's like it isn't getting weather Data, and airport data. Did anyone else have this problem and were you able to fix it. I uninstalled and re-installed Rex 4 or 5 times and same results. Also I don't know how to insert pictures to show you in this forum. Not sure how to get a URL link to my pictures.  Thanks Walt

Walt Popowski

I stopped using it after the latest update. Issues same as you, even EGLL or KLAX dosen't come up in the search. 

Honestly though, after using it for a few months now, it's been a breath of fresh air going back to MSFS's built in live weather. It's not perfect, but I feel it's improved greatly since I got REX. My biggest gripe with REX of late was weather just popping in out of nowhere, i'd be flying a GA aircraft and all of a sudden a layer of clouds builds up below and eventually swallows me in a matter of 10 seconds. It actually looks quite frightening in VR, especially if your flying over the Bermuda Triangle. 

Many thanks,

Captain NightBeauty. 

"I didn't find the passion, the passion found me"

Flying flight sims since MS FS2002. 

IR-FNk0gWTeyi0EVdymjJ-Ti20Wm8UeKtT5Nikrt

17 minutes ago, CaptainNightBeauty said:

I stopped using it after the latest update. Issues same as you, even EGLL or KLAX dosen't come up in the search. 

Honestly though, after using it for a few months now, it's been a breath of fresh air going back to MSFS's built in live weather. It's not perfect, but I feel it's improved greatly since I got REX. My biggest gripe with REX of late was weather just popping in out of nowhere, i'd be flying a GA aircraft and all of a sudden a layer of clouds builds up below and eventually swallows me in a matter of 10 seconds. It actually looks quite frightening in VR, especially if your flying over the Bermuda Triangle. 

Many thanks,

Thank you Cap ! I think Rex does have a problem with SU6 Update. Will have to wait and see how they make out. But Thank You. At least now I know it's not only me. See you up around 40,000'

• Like 2

Walt Popowski

This is a known issue that has been discussed on the Rex WF Discord channel. WF has been OTS for a few days now. It was working fine after SU6 which was addressed with a technical update. I don't know of a response yet from Rex.

• Like 1

John Wiesenfeld KPBI | FAA PPL/SEL/IFR in a galaxy long ago and far away | VATSIM PILOT P2

i7-11700K, 32 GB DDR4 3.6 GHz, MSI RTX 3070ti, Dell 4K monitor

I have used REX WF from day one and it had worked fine , but after SU6 something went south .

Noticed this last night as weather was loading into sim, it crashed.  

Let's hope there's a fix soon

Misery loves company.

My favorite airports will list weather but it's from sometime days ago.  Temperature, barometer and wind are nowhere close to what weatherbug is showing at present.

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

Leaving aside the fact that there are at least 30 threads about RWF on this forum, I haven't used it in months since the default live weather is pretty accurate where I live and fly (as measured by looking out the window, then looking at the sim).

37 minutes ago, waltpop said:

Based upon what you reported about no weather injection please download the VS 2019 redistribution files and install them.

https://aka.ms/vs/16/release/vc_redist.x64.exe

This is my reply from Rex. Seems to have worked

+1

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

8 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

You all should have known better...

The glory of hindsight...

Many thanks,

Captain NightBeauty. 

"I didn't find the passion, the passion found me"

Flying flight sims since MS FS2002. 

IR-FNk0gWTeyi0EVdymjJ-Ti20Wm8UeKtT5Nikrt

Yep, bought it, tried a few times, and now never run it anymore.  Caused severe performance issues on my rig.  At least the weather is close to real most of the time.  I have yet to see live weather in MSFS look like the real reported conditions.  The thunder and lighting in clear skies is ridiculous.

• Upvote 1

Kyle

Main Sim PC: P3D v5.2 & MSFS 2020, i9-10850k @ 5.0 GHz, ASUS Maximus XII Hero, ASUS TUF-RTX3080-12G, Dell U3011 30" IPS monitor, G.Skill 32GB 3200 Trident Z 14-14-14, Samsung 512GB 960 Pro NVMe (OS), Samsung 2TB 970 EVO NVMe (Sim), Win 10 Pro 64, Yoko Yoke, Saitex Combat Rudder Pedals, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant

That Microsoft Visual C++ update has gotten my Rex WF working again as well.  Thanks to WaltPop for advising.  I have not experienced even an ounce of performance hit from Rex WF.  I must say in fairness that my experience over the past seven days with default MSFS seems much improved.  Makes me wonder if it is regional.  I fly mostly in Mid Atlantic states to Great Lakes states.  I am currently on a trek from Kansas City to Denver to Vegas, and then up and down the California coast between Orange County and San Jose.  It is on this trek that default wx appears to be more accurate.  And the fact that it is California is not a factor.  There has been weather, including below minimums.

• Upvote 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

40 minutes ago, fppilot said:

That Microsoft Visual C++ update has gotten my Rex WF working again as well.  Thanks to WaltPop for advising.  I have not experienced even an ounce of performance hit from Rex WF.  I must say in fairness that my experience over the past seven days with default MSFS seems much improved.  Makes me wonder if it is regional.  I fly mostly in Mid Atlantic states to Great Lakes states.  I am currently on a trek from Kansas City to Denver to Vegas, and then up and down the California coast between Orange County and San Jose.  It is on this trek that default wx appears to be more accurate.  And the fact that it is California is not a factor.  There has been weather, including below minimums.

Glad I was able to help. We're all a team here, and that means so much. My special thanks to all of you. 

• Upvote 1

Walt Popowski