Sign in to follow this  
waltpop

Rex Weather Force 2020

5 hours ago, fppilot said:

It is on this trek that default wx appears to be more accurate.  And the fact that it is California is not a factor.  There has been weather, including below minimums.

Well that didn't last.  I had spot on weather from default MSFS as I left John Wayne (KSNA) today on my way to Chandler, AZ (KCHD).  As I approached Arizona however I started getting a broken layer of altocumulus well above me.  I was at 11,000.  The layer was too high for altocumulus to be accurate.  Besides that, the metars in the region all showed clear skies.  I hit the B key and my altimeter setting fell from 30.01 to 29.87.  Suspicious at the size of the drop absent any weather center, I alt-tabbed to my desktop, loaded and injected with REX WF and selected the required clear skies setting in MSFS and my weather returned to spot on including an accurate 30.00 altimeter reading.

So Rex WF won the day today.  Clearly.  (no pun intended...)

Edited by fppilot
  • Like 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

I have downloaded and installed this pack. It is the latest version by now: v2022.01.07 But it doesn’t work since although it says: active/injecting/completed in sequence but doesn’t inject anything in reality (doesn’t change the MSFS simulator weather edition menu items such as millibar,temp,cloud coverage,wind aloft data,etc.) when I press synthesis button. In other words, the sky remains clear whatever location (airport) once chooses. I have also tried the default weather presets of Rex in the software (DWP option) But even that doesn’t work (synthesis). My MSFS version is 1.19.9. It seems that many others are confronting the same problem as observable from the posted comments here or elsewhere. As a consequence, I believe that We must find a resolution on this issue?! I wonder anybody who can help write -in reply- the possible solution specially if has already been tried. Thanks!