Sign in to follow this  
anitelite

time acceleration

Since the last update, sim bandit has a max speed of 2X.  Are there any other apps that do the same function or is there hope that the sim bandit might be updated ?

You don't need sim bandit or any other app. In MSFS, R + [num +] gives sim rates from 1X up to 32X.

Edited by cobalt
  • Like 1

no, but sim bandit only shows upto 2X for some odd reason.. it used to go beyond 4X earlier.. but something has changed.. 

Vinod Kumar

i9 10900K 5.3 Ghz, RTX 3090, 32GB RAM, Win 10 Pro.

Alpha-Yoke, Bravo-Throttles, ThrustMaster-Sidestick & Quadrant, TM-Rudder, LG 32" 1080p.

Are you using A320FBW? They modified something to limit time acceleration based on performance.

5 hours ago, vin747 said:

no, but sim bandit only shows upto 2X for some odd reason.. it used to go beyond 4X earlier.. but something has changed.. 

To repeat: you do not need sim bandit. Time acceleration is now available in MSFS -- see above.

14 hours ago, cobalt said:

You don't need sim bandit or any other app. In MSFS, R + [num +] gives sim rates from 1X up to 32X.

I can vouch that this method works. I used this feature when making my latest video. Aircraft was on autopilot at a set altitude. Great to know that it goes up to 32X. 

Edited by Doering

Lawrence “Laurie” Doering

Latest video at The Flight Level F-18 Hornet | Supersonic Medical Transport | Dubai to Abu Dhabi | First Mission in DCS World | 4K

1 hour ago, cobalt said:

To repeat: you do not need sim bandit. Time acceleration is now available in MSFS -- see above.

sigh.. i never said you need sim bandit for time acceleration.. I know MSFS has inbuilt time acceleration.. sim bandit only helps to show how much the time accel is..  like many MSFS quirks, ASOBO forgot to display time accel, so you need an external tool to show it.. but sim bandit is not showing anything above 2X recently.. it used to go 4X, 8X earlier.. so maybe MSFS is going more than 2X, but sim bandit is not showing it, or FBW A320 has put a limiter of 2X for stability of the plane or something.. 

Vinod Kumar

i9 10900K 5.3 Ghz, RTX 3090, 32GB RAM, Win 10 Pro.

Alpha-Yoke, Bravo-Throttles, ThrustMaster-Sidestick & Quadrant, TM-Rudder, LG 32" 1080p.

MSFS does show the level of time acceleration if you use the "shiftzstats"  free addon that is available on flightsim.to. It gives a display very similar to that in FSX.

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, vin747 said:

or FBW A320 has put a limiter of 2X for stability of the plane or something.. 

IIRC the fbw requires ~17 fps to keep the systems running properly. So for 2x acceleration you'd need 34fps, 4x needs 68fps etc.

• Like 1

Time acceleration has been in the game since release I think, to set normal speed, just set lowest and press two times up.

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

ok...so ... what is the exact key press for the 2x, 4x, etc.  When I press R and then the number keypad + or -, nothing happens

You need the "shiftzstats"  free addon that is available on flightsim.to, which will give you a readout of the sim rate.

1 hour ago, anitelite said:

ok...so ... what is the exact key press for the 2x, 4x, etc.  When I press R and then the number keypad + or -, nothing happens

The default key bindings are: After pressing R, press CTRL Num+ or CTRL Num-

Note, you only have to press R once per flight session.

...jim

ASUS Prime Z790-E, Intel i9 13900K, 32Gb DDR5 Ram, Nvidia 3090 24Gb, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500 GB and 1 TB, Samsung Odyssey G9 Ultrawide 49" G-SYNC Monitor.