Sign in to follow this  
sightseer

Removing reflections in VC: any updates on it?

I've searched the forum for information on how to remove (or dim) the reflections on the windows in the VC. I fly the Baron 58 and I find the reflection to be far too visible. And what it reflects isn't 'real' too, imho.Now I found some topics about it, but they were all old and the files in them (with supposed solutions) aren't available anymore.So... anyone knows if there already is an easy way to remove or at least 'dim' the reflections in VC's?

The following file is in the Avsim library, it removes reflections in default cockpits.fsx_aircraft_reflection_files.zipLee

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

Guest stevehow

Hishould add that to remove the reflections in the lear45,you put the a321's dds file in it's texture folder,it does work i promise.this came straight from the designers mouth..should add a big thankyou to chinga for his time and effort in making these files. cheers steve

I beleive you can make your own reflections files.Create a 512 x 512 bitmap and then open it with Imagetool. change itto a DXT1 and then create mipmaps. save it as file type DDS.If you want no reflections, just create a solid black square bitmapand go from there. backup all of your originals and then copy and renamethe file as appropriate.I dont use MS Paint (I use PhotoImpact) but I'm sure thats all you need. (along with Imagetool, if you have it)

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.