Sign in to follow this  
OMillerJr

2D Panel Eyepoint

How do tilt the 2D panel eyepoint up and down? I've tried the raise/lower seat buttons, but they only raise/lower the eyepoint. I am looking to tilt the eyepoint up and down (like in FS9) to get better visibility. Thanks.

Same way we did in FS9. Go into your panel.cfg and check if this line is there. This is from my default 737-800 panel[VIEWS]VIEW_FORWARD_WINDOWS=MAIN_PANEL,GPS_PANEL,THROTTLE_PANEL,OVERHEAD_PANELVIEW_FORWARD_DIR=1.000, 0.000, 0.000The view forward dir number, if increased, angles the view down more.Lee

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

Guest RonB49

Have you tried Ctrl+Q and Ctrl+Shift+Q? R-

The Ctrl-Q and Ctrl-Shift-Q commands worked. I didn't see them in the commands menu though, but it works now.

I like using the VIEW_FORWARD_DIR= statement cause it makes it permanent for the particular aircraft. Anyway I found that it didn't work in the Lear 45. Evidently they left out a statemnent. You have to add a line above the VIEW_FORWARD_DIR line in the panel config file so changing the value will work. Add the word (VIEWS) (replace the parenthesis with brackets)just above the VIEW_FORWARD_DIR= line so changing the value will have an effect. I use a positive 4.5 and it makes the runway visible at a 600 ft/minute descent at 120 knots. Good starting point for you anyway if you decide to use this method.

Great find for those who fly Lear45. Thanks, OMillerJR!

Glad to hear my suggestion was usefull.I also noticed when using the Ctrl + Q method that it's only temporary. If you look to one side or the other then return to forward the view angle is back to the original setting.