Sign in to follow this  
kenny584

Pushback guy.

Hi Folks.

I have noticed a few people wishing to get rid of the Pushback guy, you know the one. The expensive guy that your local GA field makes you use and then slips you a bill at the end of the month!! I have a way to make him go away and not bother you anymore.

First though, the DISCLAIMER. I am not a techie but I have used this method for other stuff over the years and it seems to work just fine. However, it is up to you if you wish to try my method. I was half expecting a CTD but no, the sim loaded and the pushback guy was gone.

Here is what I did.... Navigate to your Official folder. Then go here....\OneStore\Asobo-services\AirportServices\Shared\Asobo Pushback    inside that folder you should see two .spb files. One is called Pushback and the other SmallPushback. Put two or three x's in front of the SmallPushback to prevent it being read by the sim. It worked for me. No more pushback guy and no more (virtual) bills at the end of the month LOL. Give it a try and see if it works for you.

Best Regards...Kenny

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kenny584 said:

Put two or three x's in front of the SmallPushback to prevent it being read by the sim.

Lets see what happens at the next sim update.. 😉

Bert

make sure to rename it back before the text patch or it might cause download looping.

• Like 1

Or you could use HxD and fill the file with CC and save it with the .bak file but it may send the update into the dreaded looping without restoring first.

Edited by 40track

Hi Folks.

Thanks for the feedback. Like I said, I'm not a techie. May I enquire about Looping? I do not know what that is. What is it and how does it affect the sim. What does it do? Also, what are HxD and CC ? So much to learn.

Cheers...Ken.

2 hours ago, kenny584 said:

Hi Folks.

Thanks for the feedback. Like I said, I'm not a techie. May I enquire about Looping? I do not know what that is. What is it and how does it affect the sim. What does it do? Also, what are HxD and CC ? So much to learn.

Cheers...Ken.

HxD is a hex editor.  CC is a halt instruction so when the code goes looking for the line in smallpushback file it will stop any reference to the small tug or other file you want removed.  Looping is just a never ending updating circle or a infinite please wait after updating. Apologies for the techie explanation however your way does work too but may cause CTDs more. To do this drag file into HxD64 then goto select all then fill selection and on right with hex vaules put in CC and save. It saves backup as bak file.

Update

Do not do this for the A330 or A380 or any aircraft as the smoke trail would still be left. Just edit aircraft.cfg in quadengine and twinengine or any other aircraft folder as ai traffic=0

Edited by 40track
Added info

After having 'injured' or 'killed' so many of them during pushback or other apron actions I'll give it a try ... 

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

I dislike this guy, too. But I dislike making any changes in the Official folder, for several including the mentioned reasons.

But wouldn't it be possible for a techie to make a simple mod in the Community folder just deactivating that file?

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 1

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

3 minutes ago, pmb said:

I dislike this guy, too. But I dislike making any changes in the Official folder, for several including the mentioned reasons.

But wouldn't it be possible for a techie to make a simple mod in the Community folder just deactivating that file?

Kind regards, Michael

That is a mod i've been waiting for a long time.

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

I was actually wondering why I can't activate him at my local airport.  He shows up but there is no pushback option in ATC.

Kind regards,

Tim

CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K (OC 4.7) CPU COOLER: Noctua nh-d15S GPU: Nvidia GTX 1070-Ti FTW2 8GB  SSD: Crucial MX500 1TB HDD: Seagate 500GB - Maxtor 250GB - WD 250GB RAM: Team Vulcan 16 GB MBD: Gigabyte Z370P D3
PSU: Evga 650w  OS: Win 10 Pro

5 hours ago, kenny584 said:

May I enquire about Looping?

Sometimes if you edit the core sim files, when an update comes along the download will just keep looping on he package that file is in and you’ll need to delete the folder and restart the download.

Edited by Tuskin38

2 hours ago, Isaiah53six said:

I was actually wondering why I can't activate him at my local airport.  He shows up but there is no pushback option in ATC.

There is a key command for pushback, try that and he will help you.

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

hopefully GSX (whenever that D-day comes) should be able to address this problem.. The pushback guys, pushback truck all interfere with my aircraft operations without me even calling for them.. the pushback truck is many times occupying the line where I want my nose gear to be at the apron.. the pushback guy at times pushes back my aircraft without me even calling for him.. GSX should eliminate most of these issues because they bring in their own pushback guys and trucks.. and it works great in P3D.. so i trust they'll do a good job.. 

Vinod Kumar

i9 10900K 5.3 Ghz, RTX 3090, 32GB RAM, Win 10 Pro.

Alpha-Yoke, Bravo-Throttles, ThrustMaster-Sidestick & Quadrant, TM-Rudder, LG 32" 1080p.

8 hours ago, Ixoye said:

There is a key command for pushback, try that and he will help you.

will do, thank you

Kind regards,

Tim

CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K (OC 4.7) CPU COOLER: Noctua nh-d15S GPU: Nvidia GTX 1070-Ti FTW2 8GB  SSD: Crucial MX500 1TB HDD: Seagate 500GB - Maxtor 250GB - WD 250GB RAM: Team Vulcan 16 GB MBD: Gigabyte Z370P D3
PSU: Evga 650w  OS: Win 10 Pro