Sign in to follow this  
Donka

Yoke One - vertical play?

Hi All, just received my Yoke One yesterday and gave it a quick test out this morning. One observation is that there is a little play vertically in the shaft if you lift the yoke handles - only a couple of mms but I wanted to check with others if this was normal? Pushing down or left or right show no visible play, only lifting up.

Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4090, 32GB, Win 11. MSFS2020. VKB, MFG & Virpil controllers. Quest 3 for VR.

Yes, mine has that too. Perfectly normal.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

10 minutes ago, Donka said:

Hi All, just received my Yoke One yesterday and gave it a quick test out this morning. One observation is that there is a little play vertically in the shaft if you lift the yoke handles - only a couple of mms but I wanted to check with others if this was normal? Pushing down or left or right show no visible play, only lifting up.

Hi, as Ray pointed out, this is normal if it is only a small amount. It is to ensure there is minimal friction caused by any minor alignment issues during assembly or slightly out of roundness in the mainshaft. If it were built with tight tolerences then it would be too stiff.

If the shaft is moving around and touching the metal front though this is a different issue that has happened a couple of times due to damage in transit and we can sort.

Chris

Testing mine now I would estimate the vertical play is <1mm.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Thanks both. It's not reaching the metal front though but play is definitely > 1mm. I can share a quick video if it would help?

Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4090, 32GB, Win 11. MSFS2020. VKB, MFG & Virpil controllers. Quest 3 for VR.

6 hours ago, Donka said:

Thanks both. It's not reaching the metal front though but play is definitely > 1mm. I can share a quick video if it would help?

Note when making comparisons it makes a difference where you measure the vertical play. It will be greater if measured at the yoke handle than at the point where the shaft enters the case.

Al

Edited by ark

Yup, this was at the entry point to the case but Chris is taking care of everything.

Quick update. Next day replacement sorted by Chris and all great. Minimal vertical movement, exactly as described by Ray. Fantastic support from Chris and Fulcrum!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1