Sign in to follow this  
SarahSway

Database Error

As of today, whenever I try to open P2ATC, I get a Database Error message. I do not know why, because I have not changed anything. What can I do?

I have already reinstalled. 
Thanks a lot

spacer.png

Looks like the P2ADynamicData.mdf file is missing or the log is corrupt.

If you have a Navigraph or NavDataPro subscription, try updating the data.  If not, download and install the full version of P2A with the data, not the update.

If that doesn't do it, try deleting the log file (P2ADynamicData_log.ldf) located in the Pilot2ATC Data folder.

Dave

• Like 1

Same here, still getting the database error....and as well, when I attempt to import a FP,  I get a "Flight Plan Import Warning" ...popup box saying "Unable to import flight plan. Please ensure it is the proper form" (source: Simbrief Downloader). I am using the latest installer, v2.6.3.0_x64.  Note i have just installed a new SSD secondary drive which is where I have installed Pilot2ATC. I had no problems with the beta's before this installation.

Regards,

Tom

i913900KF (5.8GHz) | Case: Fractal PopAir RGB I MSI Z790-VC | MSI Gaming RTX 4070Ti Super 16GB | Kingston Fury Beast 32GB DDR5 | SOLIDIGM P41 Plus 2TB NVMe M.2 SSD | Samsung SSD 870 EVO 2TB | Thermalright Frozen Notte 240 MM Liquid Cooling | Samsung 41" Monitor 1920 x 1080 60Hz | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | Logitech G Pro pedals | Tobii EyeTracker

Updates, including the beta versions, don't include the data files and don't work on their own.

Install the full version first, then you can apply the beta update.

Dave

Dave, Thanks for that. I mistakenly took the latest update to be the "Full" installer. I followed your instructions and everything is back to normal now.

Regards,

Tom

i913900KF (5.8GHz) | Case: Fractal PopAir RGB I MSI Z790-VC | MSI Gaming RTX 4070Ti Super 16GB | Kingston Fury Beast 32GB DDR5 | SOLIDIGM P41 Plus 2TB NVMe M.2 SSD | Samsung SSD 870 EVO 2TB | Thermalright Frozen Notte 240 MM Liquid Cooling | Samsung 41" Monitor 1920 x 1080 60Hz | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | Logitech G Pro pedals | Tobii EyeTracker

That’s a Microsoft SQL Database Engine error.  Shut down P2A and  try the following:
1.    First, check in Control Panel->Programs and Features that the database program is installed physically.   You should find an entry for Microsoft SQL Server 2014 Express LocalDB.
2.    If it’s not there, you can try installing the SQL LocalDB engine again.  Here’s a link to the Microsoft installer program on my Dropbox server: https://www.dropbox.com/s/b30wwk84t7a4ngp/SqlLocalDBx64.zip?dl=0     You can download, unzip and run the installer.  Take note if any error messages are given, but it should run without issue.  Then try starting Pilot2ATC again. 
3.    If it is there, or reinstalling SQL LocalDB didn't fix it, try:
⦁    Open a Windows command prompt as administrator.
⦁    Type the following command:  SQLLocalDB stop "MSSQLLocalDB"
⦁    Type the following command:  SQLLocalDB delete "MSSQLLocalDB"
⦁    Type the following command:  SQLLocalDB create "MSSQLLocalDB"
⦁    Type the following command:  SQLLocalDB start "MSSQLLocalDB"

Try starting P2A again

when I try to do the command prompt I get Creation of LocalDB instance failed because of the following error: error occured during Local DB instance startup: SQL server process failed to start.

Assuming the SQLLocalDB program is installed and you have updated your Windows from version 10 to 11, it could be a Windows 11 problem.  Quite a few users who upgraded a Windows 10 machine to Win11 are having this issue and have had to roll back to Windows 10 because Win11 couldn't run SQLLocalDB.

Dave

ah I did upgrade to windows 11 but some time ago when it came available to my machine. can this application still function without the database?

No. It cannot.

You might check to be sure you have the latest version of Windows to see if it supports the SQLLocalDB.

My Win11 machine  that I bought with Win11 doesn't have a problem.  I suspect it has something to do with the older hardware not fully supporting Win11's new security features.

Dave

Hello

Have tried evrything you suggested here still no luck. I did not upgradet to win11 it,s new pc with fresh win 11 installment. Is there stil no resolution of this problem?

Thank you

Harold

Here's a process that has worked for most users:

1.    Download SQL Express 2019, choose 3rd option to extract LocalDB. 
2.    Run installer to install localDB 2019
3.    Add the following registry key using Powershell

• New-Item -Path 'HKLM:\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL15E.LOCALDB\MSSQLServer\Parameters' -Force
  • New-ItemProperty -Path 'HKLM:\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL15E.LOCALDB\MSSQLServer\Parameters' -Name 'SQLArg0' -Value "-T1800" -PropertyType String -Force

4.    Then execute these commands at a Command Prompt:

• sqllocaldb stop MSSQLLocalDB
  • sqllocaldb delete MSSQLLocalDB

5.    REBOOT PC then execute these commands

• sqllocaldb create MSSQLLocalDB
  • sqllocaldb start MSSQLLocalDB

6.  Reboot your PC
7.    Download Full non beta of Pilot2atc and install. Cancel install of LocalDB 2014 and continue