Sign in to follow this  
psolk

AIG OCI Lessons Learned

46 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

Do I have to have both tools loaded when running the sim or just TrafficController?

Just Traffic Controller

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

Can we use real-time AI with AIG (so we get the custom models/paints)?

Former Child, Current Adult

2 hours ago, liamp51 said:

Can we use real-time AI with AIG (so we get the custom models/paints)?

AIG is designed to be used with it's own FlightPlans.   Real Time should be off as you are running, injecting, controlling AI from AI Traffic Controller not within the sim 

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

13 minutes ago, psolk said:

AIG is designed to be used with it's own FlightPlans.   Real Time should be off as you are running, injecting, controlling AI from AI Traffic Controller not within the sim 

I had it turned on last night and the ATC was a buzz of entertainment, turning it off and the ATC was silent, think I prefer the former even if it doesn't integrate perfectly with the mod.

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

4 minutes ago, MarcG said:

I had it turned on last night and the ATC was a buzz of entertainment, turning it off and the ATC was silent, think I prefer the former even if it doesn't integrate perfectly with the mod.

Hmmm, so MSFS used AIG's models with it's own built in Real Time AI?   I was not aware of that, I thought you disabled everything within MSFS and used the AIGTC to inject your traffic.  I did that at KEWR and had a line of United planes waiting to depart, BA, El AL, SAS, all the right internationals were there so mine appeared to come entirely from AIGTC.  

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

AIG AIM is providing flightplans, SimObjects and Repaints that work for offline AI and the Sim live/online AI

Offline AI:

Disable your internal Sim AI (AI Modus OFF)

AIGTC will inject your local installed offline traffic

Online AI

Enable your internal Ai for online/live

Do not start AIGTC

The internal system will match the installed models/repaints to the online flights

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

AIGtechBanner_Kai_AVSIM.png

2 minutes ago, Kaiii3 said:

AIG AIM is providing flightplans, SimObjects and Repaints that work for offline AI and the Sim live/online AI

Offline AI:

Online AI

Do not start AIGTC

The internal system will match the installed models/repaints to the online flights

Wow, good to know.  

So offline uses the AIG Flightplans and models/repaints, online uses live traffic but AIG models/repaints. 

Will it do model matching with online so 737=737 330=330 or will it be a best effort match?   

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

32 minutes ago, Kaiii3 said:

Offline AI:

Online AI

Do not start AIGTC

What happens if I use online/live and I don't have that plane model or livery downloaded from AIG? Does the sim revert to the default Asobo airplane models and fake liveries or choose a random livery and plane model from the AIG ones that I do have installed instead? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kaiii3 said:

Offline AI:

Online AI

Do not start AIGTC

If online (real time) is used, would that be a mix of the AIG models along with the default ones?

Edited by ricka47
  • Upvote 1

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale

So what if we have Realtime Live turned on, do we not load AIGTC and just have the folder in the community folder? (This is getting confusing...Again!)

Edited by MarcG

6 minutes ago, MarcG said:

So what if we have Realtime Live turned on, do we not load AIGTC and just have the folder in the community folder? (This is getting confusing...Again!)

Sounds like it Marc

Online AI

Do not start AIGTC

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

1 minute ago, psolk said:

Sounds like it Marc

Online AI

Do not start AIGTC

Thinking on it, when I played last night with Realtime Live turned ON it wasn't until AIGTC fully loaded that I saw planes are l at the airport....so that suggests differently 🤔 may have to try different combos tonight and figure it out.

All down with the OCI package acive:

1) Live AI/Online AI

- Enable in the Sim

- Do NOT start AIGTC

2) AIGTC Traffic (offline not BGL based)

- Disable all AI in the Sim

- Load your flight

- Start AIGTC

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

AIGtechBanner_Kai_AVSIM.png

6 hours ago, MarcG said:

Just Traffic Controller

Thanks. I'm up and running and wow! For a beta it's amazing. I think this is going to mature into a must have addon. I'm especially looking forward to getting GA aircraft included. And even more amazing is the fact that it's free! The team behind it have my sincere thanks.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

Thanks. I'm up and running and wow! For a beta it's amazing. I think this is going to mature into a must have addon. I'm especially looking forward to getting GA aircraft included. And even more amazing is the fact that it's free! The team behind it have my sincere thanks.

Right - and to think that there is more to come!

• Like 1

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale