Sign in to follow this  
psolk

AIG OCI Lessons Learned

On 11/10/2021 at 5:16 AM, psolk said:

OK, here are my own lessons learned and how I got things working.  

In Sim Settings:

Aircraft Vehicle Type:  Off

AI Aircraft Traffic Density Slider: 0

Airport Vehicle Density: 0

Ground Aircraft Density: 0

Generic Plane Models Off and Off

To be clear, is Airport Vehicle Density referring to everything but the aircraft itself, such as the trucks that run around on the taxiways?  If so, is your only reason for setting it to 0 because those things are annoying, or does it actually cause problems for AIG Traffic?

James David Walley

Ryzen 7 7700X, 32 GB, RTX 3080

On 11/22/2021 at 2:08 AM, JDWalley said:

To be clear, is Airport Vehicle Density referring to everything but the aircraft itself, such as the trucks that run around on the taxiways?  If so, is your only reason for setting it to 0 because those things are annoying, or does it actually cause problems for AIG Traffic?

AIG actually supports its own Airport Vehicles.  If you do not set that to 0 then MSFS uses the AIG models as Airport Vehicles and you will notice planes in random areas with random liveries.  MSFS just grabs the model and texture and uses it as an Airport Vehicle.  Hence setting to 0.  Hope that helps! 

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

2 hours ago, psolk said:

AIG actually supports its own Airport Vehicles.  If you do not set that to 0 then MSFS uses the AIG models as Airport Vehicles and you will notice planes in random areas with random liveries.  MSFS just grabs the model and texture and uses it as an Airport Vehicle.  Hence setting to 0.  Hope that helps! 

It think you are mistaking Airport vehicles with Ground Aircraft. Vehicles are like MSFS trucks and busses and that stuff; they are not affected by any livery. I leave it on my default value of 50 with AIG. Works perfectly.

• Like 1

On 11/10/2021 at 5:13 PM, Kaiii3 said:

Online AI:

Do not start AIGTC, enable online AI in the Sim

It’s very disturbing this is the first time I’ve used your product which is all excellent. Congratulations...
After following the explanations in the pdf and in some videos some users tell you to put on online while others to put it on offline. sometimes they don’t have the same setting. I chose online by default and it works.

Guillaume

ASUS ROG STRIX Z490 ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K OC 5.5 GHz▪︎  ZOTAC RTX 4090 Trinity OC ▪︎ 64GB Crucial Ballistix  ▪︎ Windows 11 Pro (23H2) ▪︎ 2x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive et MSFS) ▪︎ 3x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SATA SSD ▪︎  Corsair RMX 1000W 80 plus Gold PSU  ▪︎ LIAN-LI ODYSSEY X black case

Hi,

it is your choice to use online “flightradar24 “ type injected traffic or offline “AI follow downloaded flightplans”

Pierre

1 hour ago, Pochi said:

Hi,

it is your choice to use online “flightradar24 “ type injected traffic or offline “AI follow downloaded flightplans”

Pierre

online is FlightAware in MSFS

AIGtechBanner_Kai_AVSIM.png

Very, very appreciative of the tremendous amount of hard work for a free AI program that I've used extensively in P3D. Alas, no joy here generating any traffic. Here's my setup:

MSFS:

A/C Traffic Type: Off
AI Traffic Density: 0
Airport Vehicle Density: 0
Ground A/C Density:0
Generic Planes Models: Off, both
Start sim, load flight on ramp

AIGTC:

Use AIGFP: Unchecked
OCI Directory: Verified correct path
Auto inject: Unchecked
AIG_Databases: deleted

Manually inject: Nothing 

Am I missing something?  Thanks!

Brian MacMillan

Intel i7-7700@3.6GHz-16GB /GTX 1070-8GB/MSI B250M Bazooka  

9 hours ago, Starlifter60 said:

Yes, Use AIGFP: Unchecked should be checked.

• Like 1

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

11 hours ago, SierraDelta said:

you bet, just to inform: AIGFP means AIG Flight Plans - no flight plans = no flights

• Like 1

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

11 hours ago, SierraDelta said:

That was the fix, thank you! I figured it was a detail I was overlooking

• Like 1

Brian MacMillan

Intel i7-7700@3.6GHz-16GB /GTX 1070-8GB/MSI B250M Bazooka  

21 hours ago, Starlifter60 said:

If you want GA aircraft, unzip the file below into your Community folder, disable the default traffic file, and set AI Traffic Density in MSFS to something higher than 0.  The file below is the default traffic file with airliners removed and GA flightplans that go to about the top 20 or so busiest airports in the world removed.  AI Traffic Density setting in MSFS will then control only that GA traffic density.  AIGM traffic density will control airliners.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1T9yi5DH3et57WeCzr0oM9idJ6WkpyxLP/view?usp=sharing

• Like 1

Has anyone figured out why some AIG AI show blank textures? They change back to the correct livery for a second, then go blank again. Is there a setting that gets turned on or off to make all AI to show correctly instead of blank?

Bill McIntyre

Asus Rampage V Extreme, Intel Core I7 6950X (10 core)@ 4.5, 32GB's Crucial Ballistics DDR4 MEM, 1 Crucial M.2 4TB SSD, 4 Crucial-2TB SSD, Corsair H115i CPU liquid cooler, NVIDIA RTX 2080TI Founders Edition, LG 34" HD Curved Monitor, 2 Dell 27" Monitors, Sound Blaster Audigy X, 1Kw PC Power & Cooling Power Supply, Corsair Obsidian Full tower Case.  FSX-SE, MFFS 2020, PD3 v5.4, WIN10 Pro x64                                                                                                                                             

11 minutes ago, Bigmack said:

Has anyone figured out why some AIG AI show blank textures? They change back to the correct livery for a second, then go blank again. Is there a setting that gets turned on or off to make all AI to show correctly instead of blank?

There are several posts at AIG forums about this.  I haven't looked into it, but I suspect it's an issue with MSFS that can't be fixed by AIG.

I see every airliner that is in real world, but many aircraft are the wrong type or have the wrong livery.  I am using PSXT with LiveTraffic addons.  I was watching traffic in Boston while listening to LiveATC.  I saw Easyjet A320s and British Airway Boeing747s!  

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

14 minutes ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

I see every airliner that is in real world, but many aircraft are the wrong type or have the wrong livery.  I am using PSXT with LiveTraffic addons.  I was watching traffic in Boston while listening to LiveATC.  I saw Easyjet A320s and British Airway Boeing747s!  

The routes could be 2-3 years old.  Not sure about Easyjet, but weird things can happen with airline partnerships/codeshares.  Or maybe you still have default traffic enabled since I didn't see any BOS routes from quick check of the Easyjet plans.