Sign in to follow this  
Manny

Why do they make it so hard? Alpha India Group

I've been an AIG user for years now, and yes, there is a bit of some user setup involved, but for those that pride themselves devouring systems manuals it shouldn't be all that daunting. As far as waiting for Asobo to resolve bugs....well...a bird in hand.....also kudos to Kai and the crew for getting this out to us to enjoy, for free no less. Amazing the amount of work that goes into this stuff, and it will only get better as Asobo solves some AI issues.

• Like 2

Avsim member since 2002. 1000+ posts on old account.

Interesting! ✈️

ah9fDA.png

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

😂

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

7 hours ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

It’s all a bit of a bug fest. I mean I love the effort that has been put in to it, but, why release it now? …

6 hours ago, Ixoye said:

I agree, this is too buggy for release right now, I have remove it and will wait for the final release.

Please remember that this is a PUBLIC BETA, in fact a couple of issues that were not detected during the closed beta have already surfaced and are being dealt with.

• Like 3

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

8 hours ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

It’s all a bit of a bug fest. I mean I love the effort that has been put in to it, but, why release it now? Why not wait until Asobo fix the bugs? Why not polish it off a little and release it with a proper video/pdf guide? I’m sure there would be loads of people willing to help with the latter? 

I think you'll find the clue is in the name. Its a PUBLIC BETA. They are very clear on that. 

And waiting for Asobo to fix the bugs may take...well, forever. I'm of the thought that perhaps will the spotlight now being shone on all of these AI Traffic bugs (given the huge popularity of AIG) that we're more likely to see Asobo actually do something about them.

• Like 6

Kael Oswald

7950X3D / 64GB DDR5 6000 @ CL30 / Custom Water Loop / RTX 4090 / 3 x 50" 4K LCD TVs

I have no bugs at all, except for having to kill the AIM and restart if it doesn't load every once in a while. Sure, some liveries might be buggy (haven't seen one personally), but anything else seems Asobo default bugs (esp. AI), so what bugs are we talking about?

9 hours ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

It’s all a bit of a bug fest. I mean I love the effort that has been put in to it, but, why release it now? Why not wait until Asobo fix the bugs? Why not polish it off a little and release it with a proper video/pdf guide? I’m sure there would be loads of people willing to help with the latter? 

PS, I am not having a go, great addon, I am just  expressing my genuine opinion. 

They released it now so those of us who want to use it in its current state can, alternatively waiting for Asobo to fix the bugs could be years away so in the meantime AIG have this fabulous tool gathering dust if they don't release now.

Sure the lack of decent documentation is a stumbling block and even the official AIG settings are incorrect to some degree, but at least we have something and as above it's clearly stated as an Alpha/Beta so people are pre warned it may not be pretty.

Edited by MarcG
  • Like 4

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

8 hours ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Double post

Edited by MarcG

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

Hi,

I installed it yesterday on a rainy day on a weekend-nearly 6 hours and ok, it´s working and I will use it, until something better and easier is comming out.

I think,that is what people want, most of the "new" simmer want a little more action on the Airport unless it is e real flighplan or not.

They want-klick-Install-working.

This is the Unix under the Traffictools 😉

• Like 1

Stephan from Germany

My System

From my perspective, it's one of the best addons available for MSFS so far. Yes i occasionally have to restart it, but wow, what a change this addon makes to the flight sim.

And to think these guys have done this for free... some seem to forget that.

• Like 6

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

3 hours ago, Car147 said:

And to think these guys have done this for free... some seem to forget that.

No one is forgetting that… however, just because something is free, doesn’t mean you can’t criticise it. If someone gives me a free burger, and it’s horrible, I won’t eat it. 

14 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

No one is forgetting that… however, just because something is free, doesn’t mean you can’t criticise it. If someone gives me a free burger, and it’s horrible, I won’t eat it. 

Oh dear..

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

22 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

May those that don't want any have fond memories of not getting any.

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

1 hour ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

If you find AIG "horrible" I clearly have to doubt your taste.

Why can't we (and by we, I mean me included, I'm a software engineer with a aeronautical background) do something like this out in the open?

This is 2021, the vast majority of "free" software is on GitHub and can be contributed to by anyone who is willing to take a stab at it.  Look at Working Title.

https://github.com/Working-Title-MSFS-Mods/fspackages

I don't understand this sign-up/email gating ... and I especially don't understand people on here defending this as "if you don't like free software, don't use it!".

That's fine, except there are better ways to develop free software.

Perhaps in my free time I should look into this.

• Like 1