Sign in to follow this  
Guest jonasbeaver

Rural Airports for FSX

Does anyone know of some nice, 3rd party rural airports for FSX?

I don't think there is much out there right now specifically for FSX. I have a lot of small Washington State airports for FS9 and have had pretty good results in FSX by adding them in the scenery library after installing them into FS9. FSAddons Harvey Field and Orcas Island work well visually. Also Lago's Georender One looks pretty good. Hopefully with the upcoming release of SP1 we will see some addon releases.

Try airports by UK2000 for FSX, such as Bristol. They fit really nicely with Horizon Simulation's photo-realistic scenery for the UK. No plateauing of the runways!Cheers,Noel.

11th Gen i9-11900K @ 3.5GHz | nVidia GeForce RTX 3080 | Corsair 64 GB RAM | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | Asus 27" RoG G-Sync

Track IR5 | Thrustmaster Warthog | CH Products Pedals

Guest GA Flyer

Bruce are you saying that you've put Geo Renders, Harvey and Orcas in FSX and are getting good results? If so can you briefly state what you did so I too can add them to mine since I have them for FS9.

I currently have both FS9 and FSX installed. I just added the scenery already installed in FS9. In the FSX library click on add area and select the appropriate scenery folder in the FS9 directory. As mentioned Harvey and Orcas Island worked very well. The animated killer whale even works in Orcas Island. I had limited sucess with my Lago Georender addons. Georender 6 (Strom-Sultan Airports) worked very well but the others had issues with wildly fluctuating textures. I was also able to use this method to add my megascenery titles with good results.

Guest jonasbeaver

there are a bunch of small estonian airports out there, I think at fsnordic.com or somewhere like that, maybe even here... good small GA stuff