Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

FSRealistic...no menu option...

Well, I bought (should have used the trial...) FSRealistic, and the short is...v1.0.3  and it says it is connected, but no Option Tab shows up...only Connected (successful) Settings, and About.

When I load in a plane, any plane,  or set up a flight...no Options tab or anything.   Is there a keyboard command you need to use to open up the Options tab?   Nothing in the manual at all...

Has anybody got this to load properly and you have a Options Tab?  If so...how did you do it?   How does the Options Menu show up? Where does it show up, if working correctly?   Dead in the water right now...

Right now I in contact with someone from FSRealistic...and hope to have a solution...

Edited by Sesquashtoo

Possibly its set on Auto start and Auto minimize, check your hidden icons on taskbar.

edit: I read your issue again , so you see FSR window panel but with out option tab, This is a weird issue. Looks like its not connected with any aircraft on MSFS.

Edited by Seth2021

Intel Core i9-13900K | ASUS ROG STRIX GeForce RTX 4090 GAMING OC 24GB | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | DDR5 64GB 6000-30 Trident Z5 RGB | Corsair ICUE H170i Elite Capellix RGB | Corsair 7000D Airflow ASUS ROG Thor Platinum II 1200 Watt | Samsung SSD 990 Pro NVMe M.2 2TB & 1TB | Alienware AW3423DW | Asus ROG Swift PG279Q 27" Gaming Monitor | VKB-Sim Gladiator Mk.II | Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant Airbus Edition

Right guys...and thanks for your responses.  Yes...Here's what's happening:

I have FSR running with all default tabs on.  I run MSFS, and I get the audio,  FSR is connected...

I then choose my aircraft, I choose my airport. MSFS renders me to that airport, and there is at no time any Option Menu that appears within the sim.   I have gone to WINDOW mode and called up the FSR to only see the three start tabs, Connection/Settings/About...but no OPTION tab is there.   I have checked the FSR PROFILE folder and all the planes that I have used since buying and installing it v1.0.3  show a profile..(weird!) but no on screen interaction, or Option Menu to allow me to verify, or even know if the program is injecting and interacting with that plane.  Nothing.   I have emailed FSR help, and they are working (after I sent a log) on this issue, and hope to have something back to help them further see what is up..and why no Option Menu appears.  Is there a manual Keyboard sequence to bring anything up?   Also, I feel that you should be able to call up that menu at any time via the top bar...and that FSR should be on that top bar to select.  Nothing there as well.

37 minutes ago, R1200RTPilot said:

and you're sitting in the aircraft on the ramp or runway and still no options?

Right...nothing...and I have looked at the DOWN BAR to see if any FSR reference is there...but nothing to see.  Is there a Keyboard Key sequence to manually force the OPTION Menu to appear?  Nothing in the manual regarding that...

1 hour ago, Seth2021 said:

Possibly its set on Auto start and Auto minimize, check your hidden icons on taskbar.

edit: I read your issue again , so you see FSR window panel but with out option tab, This is a weird issue. Looks like its not connected with any aircraft on MSFS.

Yes at the 60 percent blue load in bar, I get the audio FSR is connected...but at no time, in picking a plane, picking an airport, ready to taxi, do I see any FSR Options Menu appear.

6 minutes ago, Simjockey said:

I had to alt_tab to get the menu.

So you stroke Alt-Tab and the menu came up?   I have been testing three .exe files sent from the dev's and they had never mentioned that... and how did you know to try that?

I will try that ASAP.

I got the Options Menu to come up in the middle of my monitor by pressing the ALT-TAB sequence.  I then tried some of the sound PREVIEW buttons, but I got no sound preview from any of the planes selections.   Honestly, so far...totally underwhelmed. I hope the Dev's can get this to run and work properly within my MSFS.  Not happening since having bought it...

I tried different things which of course didn't work then flash of inspiration - if the program is connecting, it probably is working as a separate application so alt-tab and there it was together with my other FS-associated programs like Trackir.

• Like 1

Paul Davies.

10 hours ago, Simjockey said:

I tried different things which of course didn't work then flash of inspiration - if the program is connecting, it probably is working as a separate application so alt-tab and there it was together with my other FS-associated programs like Trackir.

Finally got it all working...so all is good...no further action by the Dev's or Sim Market as the result.

Edited by Sesquashtoo

There is nothing "borked" about this program. It's in the early stages, so obviously there are teething issues. None of those prevent you from using the program. The developers are responsive and are actively working on improving FS Realistic.

You "should have used the trial".

I have. And found it worth buying.

1 minute ago, Ricardo41 said:

There is nothing "borked" about this program. It's in the early stages, so obviously there are teething issues. None of those prevent you from using the program. The developers are responsive and are actively working on improving FS Realistic.

You "should have used the trial".

I have. And found it worth buying.

I have it working now...so disregard that post.  I edited it...that it is now working...but didn't right off the press...and yes, the Dev's were great with me, and trying to help full bore.

1 hour ago, Sesquashtoo said:

Finally got it all working...so all is good...no further action by the Dev's or Sim Market as the result.

For reference for people who stumble upon the same problem: What did you do to get it working?

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base & hegykc MFG Crosswind modded pedals, TrackIR4, no more VR

39 minutes ago, Lange_666 said:

For reference for people who stumble upon the same problem: What did you do to get it working?

I used the ALT-TAB keyboard combo to bring up the Options Menu,  and did that after rebooting the system.  It seemed that a system reboot was needed, rather than repeated running of MSFS as I attempted to get it to work.  I am also running v1.0.3, rather than 1.0.2 that was delivered to me.  So, now really enjoying what I paid for...and FSRealistic certainly ramps up the flight environment.  I can recommend it now for sure!

Edited by Sesquashtoo