Sign in to follow this  
desbean

AI Parking in MSFS

An example of the problems facing AI parking. This is Lynchburg Regional Airport (KLYH) in Virginia, US, served by American Eagle. In reality it has about three gates at the terminal. In MSFS there are 27 GA spots at the terminal, and dozens more elsewhere. Major airports are better but still fairly bad. Regional airports are pretty hopeless for now if this is any indication.

spacer.png

It's time for the thread at their forums and vote that up. It'll gain traction now with the release of AIG and we'll get the votes.

• Like 2

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

35 minutes ago, Drumcode said:

It's time for the thread at their forums and vote that up. It'll gain traction now with the release of AIG and we'll get the votes.

The only way to fix the parking is to go into each of the thousands of airports and manually correct them, not to mention taxiway issues. I'm pretty sure Asobo isn't going to do that. Too bad they didn't spend as much time on this as was done in FSX. All we can hope for is a good AFCAD program for the community to use to do the fixes, but from the sounds of things that isn't possible the way the program is now, so that is what Asobo needs to be working on.

Oh come on, they'll put some intern named Francois on it, and it'll get done in a few weeks. lol

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

Can't the development version of ADE do it?

I tried posting a link but AVSIM doesn't want to allow it. Its on FSDEVELOPER.

Edited by KL Oo

Kael Oswald

7950X3D / 64GB DDR5 6000 @ CL30 / Custom Water Loop / RTX 4090 / 3 x 50" 4K LCD TVs

3 hours ago, Drumcode said:

Oh come on, they'll put some intern named Francois on it, and it'll get done in a few weeks. lol

Francois is the hero we need right now. 

• Like 1

Signature.png

Follow me on : Instagram

See my Trailer: A Year Of Flight

18 minutes ago, KL Oo said:

Can't the development version of ADE do it?

I tried posting a link but AVSIM doesn't want to allow it. Its on FSDEVELOPER.

I would imagine it can but it doesn't work the same way as it did in P3D or maybe I just don't understand it enough. I was able to change parking spacing for example at default KMCO. When I clicked build package in ADE in created a .bgl file in the community folder. I loaded the sim and all the grass between the taxiways was concrete and there were double jetways and jetways not connected to the building. I was pretty good at doing this in P3D but it must work much differently now