Sign in to follow this  
Bozdog

Does nvidia surround work in Msfs? On 3 screens ?

Purchased MSFS. New pc ( high spec) on  order.  Will not install it  until that arrives.  
Quick question can you run it on 3 screens with nvifia surround like you could with fsx? 

cheets 

3080rtx  on a i7 12700k with 32 Gig ddr5. 2gig Ssd

Quest 2

Windows 11

I've heard that the distortion on the two outer screens is pretty bad. Is that so? Is it worth even trying (genuine question)? I have 3 screens but have resisted the temptation to set them all up.

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png

A lot of people didn’t like the distortion in fsx but I didn’t find it too bad so will give it a go 😎

3080rtx  on a i7 12700k with 32 Gig ddr5. 2gig Ssd

Quest 2

Windows 11

Well ... I decided to dust off my other two monitors (all three worked fine together in P3D). Here's the outcome in MSFS:

The central image is *slightly* squidged horizontally:
triple-01-1350.jpg?dl=1

Left and right distortion is pretty horrific (!):
triple-02a-1350.jpg?dl=1

triple-02b-1350.jpg?dl=1

*BUT* ... VC views are almost passable:
triple-03-1350.jpg?dl=1

... and immersion in aircraft that have "wraparound" visibilty (eg. helicopters) is good:
triple-04-1350.jpg?dl=1

The stretching effect on L and R screens can be reduced visually (slightly) by angling them more, relative to the central screen, but it's still far from perfect.

If you still have three screens - and don't have the budget for a dedicated single-screen wide view monitor - then you might like to give this a go. Obviously, your mileage may vary ... and we can only hope Asobo address this issue sooner rather than later.

Here's my setup (before final adustments to positioning and bezels):
triple-05-720.jpg?dl=1

Adam.

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png