Goodday gentlemen,

I hope i am at the right forum....Complete noob to my problem at hand : i can't seem to get access anymore to my other fav flightsim forum, Sim Outhouse. Yesterday i tried to change something in my SOH profile and must have done something wrong because it didn't work. When i tried to get back in sometime later all i got was a white screen saying "this site is not available". This has been going up until now and i still get this 'not available' message only. This morning i tried it on a friend's computer, entered my user name and password et voila i got in within a second. No problem.

Question : am i right in thinking that something may have been registered wrongly somehow here on my computer which might be the cause of my problem ? Of course i did try restarting my puter but didn't make any difference.

Other than possibly do a W10 restore to an earlier date i have absolutely no clue how to get that SOH forum to accept me again.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thank you! 

Jan

The other possibility is SOH web cookies changed or got corrupted.

Before you consider any OS pre-install, I would delete any SOH web browser cookies from your web browser history on your machine. It could be it worked on your friends PC as you/he would have likely typed in the URL fresh.

Also delete any old bookmarks from your browser as well and passwords that may have been saved automatically.

Type the URL in manually: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/forum.php and enter your username and password manually.

Maybe that helps??

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

Thank you very much, Robert. Alas, when i click your link, all i get again is "this site is not available" ....

Jan

3 minutes ago, 787flyer said:

The other possibility is SOH web cookies changed or got corrupted.

Before you consider any OS pre-install, I would delete any SOH web browser cookies from your web browser history on your machine. It could be it worked on your friends PC as you/he would have likely typed in the URL fresh.

Also delete any old bookmarks from your browser as well and passwords that may have been saved automatically.

Type the URL in manually: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/forum.php and enter your username and password manually.

Maybe that helps??

Certainly going to try that. Thanks a lot, Mark ! 

Jan

Mark, like you suggested i cleared all SOH related cookies, bookmarks, passwords from my (Chrome) web browser, restarted my computer and typed the sim-outhouse URL manually. Result: nothing changed, still "this page is unavailable" ... :-(

Also tried with Microsoft Edge to no avail. I would've really thought deleting the SOH cookies would do the trick, really surprised that it didn't. 

I then took the plunge and did a W10 system restore to about one month ago. You know what...., still nothing changed, still " the page is unavailable" while anything else works Ok. Now with MS Edge because somehow Chrome, which is my default browser, doesnt work anymore... Bit of out of the frying pan into the fire... But i deal with that later. Main problem still is banging on the SOH door the whole day but they won't let me in... Starting to develop withdrawal symptoms...  ;-)

What can it be ?... 

If you might have any more suggestions i'd love to hear it !

Thanks again!

Jan

Given that the site is available to me, it's likely network connectivity between you and them. What is the specific error you are getting?

Cheers!

Luke Kolin

I make simFDR, the most advanced flight data recorder for FSX, Prepar3D and X-Plane.

7 hours ago, Luke said:

Given that the site is available to me, it's likely network connectivity between you and them. What is the specific error you are getting?

Cheers!

Luke, i use a dutch W10 version so the error message i'm getting is also in dutch but this is the translation in English :

This site is not accessible It takes too long for www.sim-outhouse.com to respond.
Try this:

Check the connection
Check the proxy and firewall
Run Windows Network Check
ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT

Btw, while i Googled the whole (dutch) message (for easy translation 😉 ) a few forum posts popped up about the problem (seems i'm certainly not the only one facing this problem..). One post suggested it might be the AVG firewall the OP was using. According to his reply that happend indeed to be the case. He disabled the firewall et presto he could access the specific site right away again.

I'm using Norton 360 myself so happily disabled the Norton firewall, rebooted my machine just to be sure, ( Low and Behold Chrome worked again ! ) entered the simouthouse URL et presto there's that dreaded error message again. Site not accessible....

So, no luck with that either.....   Getting more and more mysterious.....

Thank you for trying to help me, Luke. 

Jan