Sign in to follow this  
Sylvenzo

PMDG 737 update

3 hours ago, cmpbellsjc said:

Wow, what a difference between the MSFS and P3D version. It’s almost is like the difference between FS9 and P3D.

Haha I must be blind...  I'm not seeing a large difference.  I can see with that PBE box definitely but in the cockpit I can't really tell...  throttles look sharper I suppose.

Oh, maybe I'm not looking at the full resolution of the screenshot.  Does appear more of a difference once you zoom in.

Edited by ryanbatcund
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 3

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

6 hours ago, Alaska738 said:

image-14584

image-14585

image-14588

What's certain is that they did a great job on improving the details...

Thanks bro for those pics, looking beautiful !

Are there any more words spoken about the release ?

cheers 😉

• Like 1

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

I like how Randazzo didn't give any further updates in his writeup on whether the 737 will be released before the end of this year.  Furthermore, Randazzo usually replies to people that post in the thread asking Randazzo questions, and one of the earliest replies in that thread was whether the 737 would be released before Christmas.  Randazzo did not reply to that message and simply replied to other people in that thread.

I'm thinking if Randazzo were confident of it being released before the end of the year, he probably would have given an update on that in his writeup, or replied to that person that asked whether the 737 would be released before Christmas.  Because Randazzo stayed silent, I think he feels less confident about a release before the end of the year.

That's not to say the 737 won't be released before the end of the year. It still might be.  But if I were a betting man, I think the odds of a Q1 2022 release for the 737 have just gone up a little.

Edited by abrams_tank
  • Like 2

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

I highly doubt it will be released this year.  Knowing how beta process goes etc etc hehe.  

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

1 hour ago, ryanbatcund said:

Haha I must be blind...  I'm not seeing a large difference.  I can see with that PBE box definitely but in the cockpit I can't really tell...  throttles look sharper I suppose.

Oh, maybe I'm not looking at the full resolution of the screenshot.  Does appear more of a difference once you zoom in.

The MSFS version looks almost like a real photograph to me and the P3D version looks like the VC is made out of plastic.

Too me it’s visually a huge difference. The P3D photo almost now looks FS9-ish.

• Like 18
  • Upvote 1

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I find my eyes getting tired a lot quicker with the PMDG 737 on P3D. Maybe its the slightly blurry displays or dull lighting or maybe am just getting old,

but I don't have that problem with the Majestic Q4 on P3D or any other Sims.

just looking at the screenshots, I can tell that the General brightness/ lighting and sharper displays of MSFS can keep me staring at the screen for hours without any fatigue.

I seriously doubt this is going to release before end of year seeing how he mentions the plethora of issues and the difficult debugging process, whilst subtly and conveniently blaming the SDK for resorting to their dinosaur era coding tools.

I’d love to be proven wrong though. 

• Like 1

Some good news: When asked if the next sim Update ruins Development again, Randazzo answered:
We have already built/run it in the pending update. No worries- nothing broke. :-) - RSR“

At least this means no further delay so there is hope for Christmas….

• Like 7

I hope it is released by Christmas, but if it's not possible, fine. I would rather them get it spot on,

• Like 3

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

5 hours ago, abrams_tank said:

I'm thinking if Randazzo were confident of it being released before the end of the year, he probably would have given an update on that in his writeup, or replied to that person that asked whether the 737 would be released before Christmas.  Because Randazzo stayed silent, I think he feels less confident about a release before the end of the year.

Just imagine  if  he  said  its  was  going to be  released at Christmas  and  it  didn't,   i wonder  what  would happen 🙂

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

The FMC looks almost flat and not textured in the pics with the sun on it.  maybe they just aren't finished.  My eyes always detect a fuzz like feeling for msfs.  I can't explain it.  

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

3 minutes ago, micstatic said:

The FMC looks almost flat and not textured in the pics with the sun on it.  maybe they just aren't finished.  My eyes always detect a fuzz like feeling for msfs.  I can't explain it.  

Different lighting.  I detect the fuzz in the P3D version.  Look everywhere else but the FMC.  MSFS looks like HD 4K P3D looks 720P to me... Especially when you look at the entire image. 

• Like 4

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

I wouldn't really judge anything based off those shots, zoom in and you'll notice a lot of JPEG compression artifacts, which is gonna create a fuzzy look and destroy any distinct fine lines, especially when you have a lot more fine details in the MSFS cockpit.

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

5 minutes ago, micstatic said:

I know exactly what you mean by the fuzz effect. It's almost like there's a weird camera filter present. For me, the textures in the P3D version definitely look a little easier on the eye. Looking forward to getting some first hand experience with it and see what it looks like in person. 

• Like 1

My eyes can barely tell any difference. If there are differences they are pretty subtle. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro