Sign in to follow this  
Sylvenzo

PMDG 737 update

10 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

Need to create an account to view a couple of pics? No. Hard pass. 

Yes.

Banner-FS2-Crew-Beta-Tester.jpg

t-l-chargement

9 hours ago, pmplayer said:

Thanks bro for those pics, looking beautiful !

Are there any more words spoken about the release ?

cheers 😉

Welcome bro! Nothing but i really hope it will be done before Christmas. You have to cross your fingers 😉 

Banner-FS2-Crew-Beta-Tester.jpg

t-l-chargement

3 hours ago, pete_auau said:

Just imagine  if  he  said  its  was  going to be  released at Christmas  and  it  didn't,   i wonder  what  would happen 🙂

Well, Randazzo estimated that it would be released in Q4, just a month ago.  A month later, he is silent on whether he can make a Q4 release, so yeah, it's looking unlikely that it will be released in Q4.

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

There's a massive difference in quality of textures and general detail in the cockpit. 

Those of you who can't see the difference should turn down your sim resolution to 480p and enjoy the 500+ framerates.

But the biggest difference is outside the windows. I believe both images are from the same place. It's almost not recognizable. 

• Like 6

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s

1 hour ago, abrams_tank said:

Well, Randazzo estimated that it would be released in Q4, just a month ago.  A month later, he is silent on whether he can make a Q4 release, so yeah, it's looking unlikely that it will be released in Q4.

I’m getting the feeling it won’t be Q4 either (my personal opinion), although I’m ok waiting past Q4 for their 737 as I know it will be worth it. Release it when it’s ready!

• Like 1

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

15 hours ago, cmpbellsjc said:

Wow, what a difference between the MSFS and P3D version. It’s almost is like the difference between FS9 and P3D.

Yes have the same feeling about looking at those 🙂

André

1 hour ago, Republic3D said:

There's a massive difference in quality of textures and general detail in the cockpit. 

Those of you who can't see the difference should turn down your sim resolution to 480p and enjoy the 500+ framerates.

But the biggest difference is outside the windows. I believe both images are from the same place. It's almost not recognizable. 

I think our definitions of "massive difference" are quite different. There is a difference. But massive? Massive would be 50% difference. This looks more like 10%. Now maybe the running sim experience will be much more pronounced, but these images don't really show that - to me.   

• Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

54 minutes ago, RobJC said:

I think our definitions of "massive difference" are quite different. There is a difference. But massive? Massive would be 50% difference. This looks more like 10%. Now maybe the running sim experience will be much more pronounced, but these images don't really show that - to me.   

As an example, look at the trim wheel in the second shot. In P3D the trim wheel looks like a black hole swallowing every ray of light. In MSFS you can actually see it and it even reflects light and other objects off of its outer surface. The same is true for a lot of other details such as the FPV, meters and information display buttons on the EFIS, which are basically just white on black while in MSFS the actual color and contours of the buttons are visible.

Also, the black of the screens looks a lot more like it's black color given out by the screen rather than an actual black object's surface like it does in P3D. The shadow of the yoke on the center DU illustrates this nicely as well, as the shadow of the yoke is clearly distinguishable from the black of the screen, wheres in P3D the difference almost isn't visible at all and the screen's black and the shadow basically morph into one.

On the third shot you can clearly see the flight deck detail to the right of the PBR box in MSFS, while in P3D there is almost no light in the corner, which is neither pretty nor realistic in the slightest.

The NGXu in P3D has PBR in the whole flight deck, but that doesn't really show so much. In MSFS, the PBR does its job a lot better and the surfaces actually look real and absorb and reflect light like the different materials realistically would. It doesn't just look better but you can get a good idea of what different components are actually made of (plastic, metal, etc.).

That said, I do feel like I need to cut P3D some slack here because I don't think HDR lighting is doing P3D much of a service in these screenshots. I guess Mr. Randazzo has tuned it to look good on his monitor. In any case, I believe the NGXu cockpit looks better than on these screenshots on my TV as well as in my VR headset after tuning HDR and turning that irritating auto exposure effect off. Still, the cockpit looks much more lifelike in MSFS.

Edited by threegreen
Wording

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

I am soooo looking forward to jumping back in the seat of my fave aeroplane :wub:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

I’m anxious to see how they go about implementing WX/ground radar without Asobo API

Edited by sd_flyer

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

3 hours ago, sd_flyer said:

I’m anxious to see how they go about implementing WX/ground radar without Asobo API

This is AVSIM, so I'm certain someone will correct me, but IIRC the ground radar they use is a database of terrain and obstacles the aircraft uses with working IRUs. I'd be surprised to learn that a database not connected with the real sim scenery couldn't be implemented.

As for WXR... I wonder if we'l have to wait until the API is introduced?

• Like 1

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

3 hours ago, sd_flyer said:

I suspect from what we’ve read before, this won’t be implemented until Asobo does some leg work.

Gaming rig
Intel i9 13900k - NZXT Kraken Z73 cooler - ASUS Maximus Hero Z790 
32GB Trident Z 6000MHz DDR5 - Gigabyte 4090 GAMING OC 24G
10 x 120mm Lian Li UNI fans - Lian Li OD11XL Case - Corsair HX1500i PSU

11 hours ago, abrams_tank said:

I also got that vibe from this post that this is definitely not going to release in Q4. maybe more like January/February. Timelines shift, that's the reality of development unfortunately. 

• Like 1

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

42 minutes ago, Keirtt said:
4 hours ago, sd_flyer said:

I suspect from what we’ve read before, this won’t be implemented until Asobo does some leg work.

I agree. We flew the NGX in P3D for a long time without weather radar, seems like it may be the same here for a while.

Edited by Cognita

Dan Scott

25 minutes ago, Keirtt said:

I remember earlier I've read that they tempered and were able to get terrain to display. As for me I will be happy to see terrain as it more relevant to sim experience. Pax won't care if I hit cumulus nimbus  LOL

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI