Sign in to follow this  
brucewtb

Authentication error at startup

“Due to an unexpected error Your game license could not be Authenticated. To access the online services, make sure to sign into the Microsoft store and to Microsoft Flight Simulator with the Xbox live account that was used to purchase Microsoft Flight Simulator. ”

Out of the blue I am getting this error on initial startup.  While the sim starts normally I don't have live weather or live traffic but I do have access to the marketplace. I have signed out of my MS Store account and logged back in which is one recommended fix I found but this does not work.  My internet connection is working normally. Any suggestions?

Bruce

Edited by brucewtb
New info

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Hi Bruce. No suggestions here. Just letting you know I am having the same problem. East coast Australia.

Dave.

Thanks then it is not just me.  Also east coast Australia.

Bruce

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Same here, Perth Australia.

Cheers, Ross

i910900KF | ASUS ROG Maximus XIII Extreme Z590 | ASUS ROG STRIX RTX3070 OC 8Gb | 32Gb G.Skill  Ripjaws DDR4 3200 I  Thermaltake Water 3.0 Riing | Samsung SSD 870 1TB GB HD | WIN 10 64 Bit

Same here UK, except mine will not start and says I have no Internet connection. I start it through the X Box app, which always works.

Edited by SierraHotel

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

Has come good for me now although for a while it wouldn't download tiles, said I didn't have enough bandwidth & kept going to offline mode.

Cheers, Ross

i910900KF | ASUS ROG Maximus XIII Extreme Z590 | ASUS ROG STRIX RTX3070 OC 8Gb | 32Gb G.Skill  Ripjaws DDR4 3200 I  Thermaltake Water 3.0 Riing | Samsung SSD 870 1TB GB HD | WIN 10 64 Bit

Usually a server issue when it's happened in the past.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

19 minutes ago, lehbird said:

I am out of the blue getting this..... any idea how to solve?

Happened to me yesterday (20Jan, 2022). Rebooted the computer after 3 unsuccessful attempts and it worked. Or it could be just another way Microsft has decided to perturb the user base.

Game of the Year? Really? What were the other choices?

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

So trying to diagnose this..... The error said I had to make sure Microsoft Store was running, but when I go into Task Manager it says  "UWP process has been suspended to improve performance".....What the heck does that mean??

word not allowed this Microsoft Store!! Seems there was an issue there that I was able to fix.....

Have seen it about three times here in the UK. However, sim always starts and runs normally...