Sign in to follow this  
Guest dcrandall

Instant Scenery

Most problems with the wrapper have to do with Vista, and most of those have been cleaned up... and Vendors are now being upgraded also.The current version we have now is very error free... and of course if you do a search you will find problems some times. But that may mean you are seeing less than 1% of installations, because all the successful installs are not going to post anything.It just does not seem your post is appropriate, not having tried the latest version.

Thanks,

Steve Halpern

Flight One Software

Hi,I went ahead and downloaded Instant Scenery the other day and it went fast and smooth! No problems with the wrapper or any aspect of the download and installation for FSX. I'll try it later in FS9 and see how it works there.Instant Scenery seems much better than Lago's FSSE that I used for a long time in FS9.Summary: Download, purchase, installation, use - going great for Instant Scenery.Regards Howard

Hi,Sorry Steve, but the guy asked for the down side of the program. The Flight1 wrapper is the down side. I'm not saying it's unreliable (seems to be quite reliable on most systems), but people do have problems with it, which doesn't happen with EZS. One percent of installations means that one in a hundred people have problems, vs virtually zero with EZS. I agree not much of a consideration, but talk to that hundredth guy that has problems. I see him post on your forums all the time.Geez, I give you a positive review (one disadvantage and LOTS OF ADVANTAGES) and you complain.--Tom GibsonCal Classic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.comFreeflight Design Shop: http://www.freeflightdesign.comDrop by! ___x_x_(")_x_x___

Hi,I didn't say they didn't have problems after reading the instructions - many don't read the instructions, and some prefer to not inactivate their firewalls and AV programs since you force them to connect to the net during installation. They still have a problem, self induced or not.Again, I believe that it is one of the more reliable systems - just not as reliable as no system at all. All I can say is do a search for Flight1 wrapper problem and EZS installation problem. You will find posts about the former, and few or none about the latter.And all this complaining after a POSITIVE review!--Tom GibsonCal Classic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.comFreeflight Design Shop: http://www.freeflightdesign.comDrop by! ___x_x_(")_x_x___

Hi Tom,If you are going to submit an unqualified negative about something we offer, than I will be there to correct it. Unqualified meaning that you admitted you have never used the wrapper.No hard feelings or anything, but we work very hard to produce and offer amongst the best FS related products in the business and that includes our delivery tools. I hope you understand.Regards,Jim Rhoads

Thanks Tom.Looks like the exclude programs available, are only for FS2004. Would you know if something exist for FSX ?. Remember, I am not a scenery designer at all .. :-)RegardsRobert-------------------------------------Asus A8N-VMAMD Athlon 64 3000+XFX Nvidia Geforce 6800 XT PCI-E [256]2Gb DDR400 RAMCH products Yoke and USB Pedals

Intel i7 - 9700K @ 3.60 GHz   |   Asus RTX 3080  |  32 GB RAM  |  Saitek ProFlight Yoke System and Rudder Pedals | X-Touch Mini | Honeycomb Bravo TQ