Sign in to follow this  
Sethos

Any FSEconomy Alternatives?

On 11/14/2021 at 8:29 AM, Sethos said:

I saw OnAir but the feedback just seem so lukewarm, people talk about instability, the sub fee and how even the official media channels are completely void of tutorial or information content outside of a launch trailer. Doesn't give me any confidence.

I gave MSFS a 1 year break and I'm back with OnAir and did/was using AH2 for a bit with P3D but it just has to many issues just like FSE. If you want simple and easy go with NeoFly or Skypark. With FSE for example you can't even create a new account because they are overloaded and rumours on forums are that it's hanging on by a thread.

I just now restarted OnAir and it's very stable, after a year break the improvement are impressive. Yea it's not easy but only if you play on Thunder, and yea it's a sub service. But what it does offer is a cloud base persistent career mode with live multiplayer economy, while the others just feel static. The best way I can compare OnAir is with the Career Economy of ETS2 or ATS. The jobs market however that is offered in OnAir just outdoes anything else out there. Overall it's one of the few products that I consider giving an "Overwhelmingly Positive" score.

• Like 1

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

Just an FYI ....  the rented servers used by FSE have been using an older operating system creating an issue (indirectly) with regard to the third-party email service used for various functions. Without an email service, new accounts had to be suspended. In the near future, that OS will be upgraded allowing new accounts to resume. 

• Like 1

I should update the reply I wrote back in November. I re-evaluated several economic simulators in December, among them OnAir. I am very impressed by the progress they have made in the past year. It is now a consistent experience that provides four different worlds, which I would rank from fairly easy (enough initial money to buy an airplane, plenty of well-paid jobs) to fairly difficult (only 10k start-up cash, which is just enough to lease a small airplane for three weeks, jobs are not as well paid (more realistic), you can't hire AI pilots to do the flying for you, ...). OnAir also has a community, VAs, and partnerships between different companies. The community is by far not as strong as that in FSEconomy (FSE), but it appears to grow. Most interaction happens via the OnAir Discord server, the OnAir forum on the Aerosoft page is very quiet.

To me, the best feature is that one can run the FSE client alongside OnAir. In that way, I can keep interacting with the FSE community and continue to fly in FSE, while also having the benefit of the more elaborate system in OnAir. That will be my mode of operation until FSCaptain is available in MSFS.

Peter

On 11/14/2021 at 9:30 AM, Twenty6 said:

Best to stay away from The Skypark, too. They also have a black market.

What is a black market ?

Edited by MSFLYER5856

5 MHz 8087 IBM Clone, 640k RAM, 10 MB HD, Hercules 64k Graphics card, 14 in Monochrome Monitor, CH Products Mach-1 Joy Stick.

On 11/14/2021 at 8:29 AM, Sethos said:

Hey,

Saw another thing called NeoFly but that sounds a tad 'silly gamey, with them even mentioning drug drop missions.

I gave it a try and was quite boring. Just a series of flights in a certain area. Lose your plane and you have to edit a file to get it back.

Then I found this site: No ads, no popups, no login needed, no 20 second count down timer in order to download a plan.

No economy but real nice flight plans to explore the world.

https://worldtour.flights/

Edited by MSFLYER5856

5 MHz 8087 IBM Clone, 640k RAM, 10 MB HD, Hercules 64k Graphics card, 14 in Monochrome Monitor, CH Products Mach-1 Joy Stick.

28 minutes ago, MSFLYER5856 said:

What is a black market ?

• The illegal business of buying or selling currency or goods banned by a government or subject to governmental control, such as price controls or rationing.
  • A place where such illegal business is carried on.
  • the illicit buying and selling of goods, in violation of price controls, rationing, tax laws, prohibition of sale, etc

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

52 minutes ago, MSFLYER5856 said:

I gave it a try and was quite boring. Just a series of flights in a certain area. Lose your plane and you have to edit a file to get it back.

Then I found this site: No ads, no popups, no login needed, no 20 second count down timer in order to download a plan.

No economy but real nice flight plans to explore the world.

https://worldtour.flights/

Worldtour is great if you just want a place to fly but I don't see how you can find Neofly boring. At least it is less boring than flying without it.
If you don't want to lose your plane after a crash you can enable to insurance your aircraft before you fly a mission. Having consequentions to your actions is one of the reasons why people want a career mode.

And I like it when someone whishes me a good flight, congratulates me on a fine landing and I love to hear passengers scream when barrel roll with VIP's on board:biggrin:
Also, the odd chance of an in-flight destination chance or a technical fault forces me to stay alert although I can switch those off when not in the mood for this.

Sure, some of the missions are gamey but you can switch those off as well. For its price it is a great addon IMO.

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

1 hour ago, Twenty6 said:
  • The illegal business of buying or selling currency or goods banned by a government or subject to governmental control, such as price controls or rationing.
  • A place where such illegal business is carried on.
  • the illicit buying and selling of goods, in violation of price controls, rationing, tax laws, prohibition of sale, etc

So what you are saying is that Sky Park is doing illegal activity. I didn't know that. Can you post a link to the source ?

Edited by MSFLYER5856

38 minutes ago, MSFLYER5856 said:

So what you are saying is that Sky Park is doing illegal activity. I didn't know that. Can you post a link to the source ?

You're kidding, right?

All this is about is doing a Mission where your VIRTUAL Cargo is of Questionable content. The mission will likely pay higher.

Nothing neferious or illegal about it.

• Upvote 1

Ryzen 7 5800 x3D, Asus Tuf Gaming X570 Plus, Geforce GTX 4080 F.E., 32GB Corsair PC-3600, 1TB Samsung Evo 970 nVME SSD, 1TB Samsung Evo 870 SSD, 500GB Samsung Evo 870 SSD

FSCaptain is slowly getting somewhere w/ their port to MSFS, but it's still going to be a ways off.  You can request their initial development which is very limited compared to the fabulous support for P3D.  I never flew P3D w/o it, and loved all aspects of it including the pilot career, integration with Ground Services X for deicing and pushback, cabin service, rating each flight according to meeting certain piloting behaviors, and the lovely FCDU FMS-like interface it uses.  The SDK isn't quite there yet to really go where it needs to go but the devs there really like MSFS and hope to get it there as able some day, so keep an eye on it:  FSCaptain.net.   Stop by and give them your encouragement they don't seem to be all that well known but really have an excellent product to add useful meaning to your flight sim use.  Plus, they are the most approachable, appreciative developers in all of our FS world!

I am shocked how MSFS has allowed me to fly it more than I ever did P3D but w/o FSCaptain to help add meaning to flight sim use.  I should be far more bored than I am which I guess is a testament to just how good MSFS really is, despite its shortcomings.

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X