Sign in to follow this  
Guest Richard Hill

Someone to construct the New River Gorge Bridge

Guest Richard Hill

I am looking for someone to construct the New River Gorge Bridge, now on the reverse of the West Virginia State Quarter. I have a pamplet of details ang photographs I can send if someone is willing.Richard Hill

Well - Ok:

This is an old post that I just ran across and thought I would take up the challenge. I haven't modeled anything for some time now. I usd FSDS V3.5 to model the structure and saved as a .mdl. then imported into Airport Design Editor and after pulling up stock airport WV32 (New River Gorge) started dragging the bridge into its proper location.

The image shows the bridge just about where it should be - Yes, it is quite crude now - just the basics but the finer detail will come soon. Will have to scale the length of the deck a bit due to the inaccuracies of the FSX scenery so that the deck will reach the Terrain on both sides of the gorge

UPDATE

Ready for distribution: DL link to follow.

NewRvrGorgeBridge_zps29a5cbcf.jpg

Incredible that the OP joined Avsim 44 years and 2 days ago.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere