Sign in to follow this  
bobcat999

Really looking forward to the update this week!..

Is anybody else really looking forward to it?  I know it comes with a little bit of trepidation in case a few things get knocked out of kilter, but there will still be time for a hotfix before the Christmas break if things go wrong. :biggrin:

I am looking forward to trying the new addons to the flight model (ground effect, wake turbulence etc.), and the Reno aircraft (T-6, L-39, and P-51) which it seems have some input from respected developers such as A2A and Lotus.

Hopefully the flight model changes don't affect current 3PD aircraft too much, or hopefully, even if they do, they can fix them up fairly quickly.

I am really looking forward to trying DX12.  I won't be expecting too much, especially on performance improvements, but hopefully it will leads the way to better reflections and shadowing.

And I know they won't be for everyone, but I am looking forward to trying some of the free 'Game of the Year' aircraft that will be included.  As I struggle with taildraggers, I am looking forward to trying the nosewheel cub.

The Super Hornet will be fun to try at least, but will look strange without a weapons loadout.  Not sure how this fits in with the expected Top Gun tie in next year if weapons aren't allowed on Aircraft in the marketplace.

Finally, I think after this update we may get an avalanche of releases from some of the third party developers once they know the aircraft are fine for this update. 
Hopefully some of them would have had the opportunity to test beforehand anyway.

All good - just counting down the days!  Most of you will get the chance to try things well before me, due to my slow internet speed, so I look forward to reading your thoughts as usual, as mine slowly downloads :smile:.

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 21

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

I add to your list of wishes the new METAR feed that will, so I hope, create an even better local weather simulation, in "real time".

Meanwhile the last development update mentioned that they've started working on gliders / soaring weather ! Wow !

Helicopters are yet another element of interest for me in any flight simulator. Meanwhile I am finally having a good time playing the FlyInside Bell 47 G 🙂

Let's hope for a seamless update !

Edited by jcomm
  • Like 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I'm waiting for the first people who will make sure that  "Immersion killer" will be elected the phrase of 2021.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

I9-14900K,  Gigabyte B760 Aorus Elite AX, RTX 4080, 32 ram.1 tb nvme  M.2 SSD, MSFS 2020 on 2 tb nvme m.2 SSD

Don't get your hopes up too much for A2A when it comes to MSFS. Here's what Scott writes on their own forum

Since Asobo has gone public with this, yes, we helped by creating the 3d artwork for two P-51 cockpits for Microsoft. Michal Puto made the cockpit artwork for Strega and Robert Rogalski for Miss America. They enjoyed working on these cockpits and are pleased with how they came out. Just so there's no confusion, we didn't make any external artwork, systems, flight models, sounds, etc.

Scott
A2A Simulations Inc.

Thomas ( Sundsvall, ESNN, Sweden)
P3D V5.3 HF1, Intel 9 9900K Oc 5 GHZ 16MB, Corsair Hydro H150i PRO RGB 360mm, ASUS GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8GB ROG, 2 Corsair Force M2 MP600 1TB+500Gb, ASUS ROG MAXIMUS XI HERO Z390 MB, Corsair 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200Mhz CL16, Fractal Design Define S2 Vision, Win 10 Home, BenQ 32" PD3200U 4K IPS monitor

A2A, Majestic Q400, Leonardo Maddog, IFly B737

Personally, I have enjoyed each of the world updates so far.  This one is going to be a bit different and I am interested to see how well DX12 will be implemented.

At the moment, I'm having a free WU every day with the google maps addon though.

• Like 1

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

I'm mostly excited to see what the new weather systems going to bring in!

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Weather improvements is the only thing that has me mildly excited. Most of the other things are whatever to me, right now. DirectX 12 could be a gamechanger, on paper, but we know it'll just be a lateral upgrade in its initial stages with potential instability and incompatibilities to boot. The only thing that truly gets me going is SDK improvements, because that is what's holding up a lot of complex addons and core addons I want, the stuff that truly changes the sim.

• Like 3

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

49 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

which it seems have some input from respected developers such as A2A and Lotus.

Where have you seen that Mike "Lotus"  Johnson was involved ? As a former owner of his excellent and very innovative L-39, It would be great news but I read people  repeating it without quoting the source. 

For A2A, it is not the case cf. Seat's post above and If I read well Gentile's post it seems more annoyed than anything else to see A2A's name quoted by Neuman.

Your enthusiast is good to read to cheer me up, I needed that on a cold, rainy and windy day with a nasty pipe leak flooding my basement 😁, but I note that you use several times the word hopefully. Hedging your bet 🤣 ?

• Like 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

27 minutes ago, Dominique_K said:

Where have you seen that Mike "Lotus"  Johnson was involved ? As a former owner of his excellent and very innovative L-39, It would be great news but I read people  repeating it without quoting the source. 

For A2A, it is not the case cf. Seat's post above and If I read well Gentile's post it seems more annoyed than anything else to see A2A's name quoted by Neuman.

Your enthusiast is good to read to cheer me up, I needed that on a cold, rainy and windy day with a nasty pipe leak flooding my basement 😁, but I note that you use several times the word hopefully. Hedging your bet 🤣 ?

Yes, I re-read my post.  I used the word 'hopefully' a lot didn't I?  :biggrin:  I suppose I want to be excited without getting my expectations up too high.

The reference to the L-39 was either from Jorg Neumann or one of the Asobo guys on a Twitch video feed.  I will have to watch it back to get the exact quote.  It was mentioned alongside the casual name drop of A2A assisting them with the P-51, which apparently (as you refer to) A2A aren't making such a big thing about, and maybe isn't a lot if they just helped with the cockpits.

Sorry to hear about your basement.  I hope you get it sorted out alright.  I have heard salt is good for drying things out - and you know I like to take a pinch of it sometimes! :laugh:

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 4

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

18 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

reference to the L-39

Mike J's  L-39 brought to FSX, years before anybody else, a true icing of the windshield and fuselage with an effect on the flight. Something that Asobo has not really succeeded doing. 

The L-39 had also a backseat instructor position where you could trigger failures for the PIC.

And the flight model, as much as I can judge, was excellent.

For many, this L-39 is a hall-of-famer.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

1 hour ago, cianpars said:

Personally, I have enjoyed each of the world updates so far.  This one is going to be a bit different and I am interested to see how well DX12 will be implemented.

At the moment, I'm having a free WU every day with the google maps addon though.

This isn't a World Update though, it's a Sim Update.

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

I'm actually most interested in the DX12 from a "what does it break" perspective.  We know what happened to P3D with DX12 and the errors it introduced.  My question would be is MSFS going to have the same issues which points to potential issues with DX12 in general or do they implement it with no adverse impact which means DX12 isn't the issue... 

I'm actually waiting to see if the real issue with P3D and DX12 is P3D or DX12 and when MSFS releases we should all know... 

• Like 1

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Personally I always look forward to the updates, always with a sense of trepidation though going on the Sims update history.

Edited by MarcG

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

Just now, MarcG said:

Personally I always look forward to the updates, always with a sense of trepidation now going on the Sims update history.

A couple of sedatives before you click on the update button generally helps.  MS should add that to the system requirements.

Hopefully, this one should have been properly tested prior to release.

Only 3 more days to go.

• Like 3

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)