Sign in to follow this  
bobcat999

Really looking forward to the update this week!..

Can't wait to try controller support in VR. I think it's coming in this update. 

• Like 2

Im most excited for the veg slider, NXCub and the PC6. Gonna be a fun time. The F-18 grates on me and I will remove it from Content Manager. Slightly nervous about what else may break but nervousness is less and less each time as I realize theres nothing I can do about it, the updates will always come. 

Right now I have the game looking awesome even on this old crate PC of mine and im very happy. 

• Like 3

If they break the tree distance again for the 4th time, I'll sell my rig and never return to MSFS.

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s

42 minutes ago, sightseer said:

Thanks to a poster on the official forum I have discovered that my system is not DX12Ultimate compatible.

What graphics card do you have?

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

Anyone knows if "new weather system" means we finally going to have some haze and fog ? 

Roi Ben

1 hour ago, fppilot said:

The Developmental Updates all have stated 11/18/2021, which is this Thursday.  I have a 2 hour flight scheduled for the 18th so will start the sim before the update goes live so I can fly during the havoc!  LOL!

Good plan. Ostensibly you could just keep the power on and Windows updates turned off to avoid reboots, then keep going from one flight to the next never exiting the Sim for as long as it takes until the anguished screams on the ground die down after an ensuing hotfix or even the next update... 😀

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

5 minutes ago, roi1862 said:

Anyone knows if "new weather system" means we finally going to have some haze and fog ? 

I don't think anybody knows this yet.  They did say they are looking at a visibility setting, but not sure if it will be in this update.

I have seen some people get haze and fog, but I think it was from live weather.  Not sure how to set it manually.

Edited by bobcat999

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

2 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

I don't think anybody knows this yet.  They did say they are looking at a visibility setting, but not sure if it will be in this update.

This is very important for me, Yeah they mentioned it. I am looking forward to it weather its this time or another time!

• Like 1

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

I dont get the DX12 thing, When P3D v5 was release DX12 was a nightmare. 

Your res you use will use more VRAM so if you on 4k and go over what you have if like P3D its ...CTD time(unless your on a min of a 3080Ti+). This sim looking stunning with the lighting we have within it, so unless I see some amazing sim changeing looks then I will stick with DX11.

As for all the rest, ...well lets just hope it does well.

A Veg...slider? really...sounds great. That I would look forward to.

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

3 hours ago, pmb said:

Didn't they usually collect questions in anticipations of those Q&As on the official forum? Not that I recall having seen any.

Kind regards, Michael

True!  Maybe more of a presentation of what's coming this time rather than a Q&A.  :smile:  Jayne normally takes a few questions from the chat messages at the side of the screen, but no formal forum Q&A thread this time as you say - at least, I haven't seen one.

35 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

What graphics card do you have?

EVGA GTX 1070

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.

16 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

A Veg...slider? really...sounds great. That I would look forward to.

Yes, I hope broccoli is an option! :laugh:

On DX12, I think it is more for the future to enable better reflections and shadowing at some stage.  And of course, ray tracing.  I think we may need next gen cards for that though to hold 30+ FPS.
Still, it has to keep moving forward, and we can turn it on and off at least, which may be needed for some time.

I remember Steve's DX10 fixer for FSX.  Stepping up from DX9, it transformed the sim for me, with cloud shadows etc.  Like anything, it had bugs and artefacts to start with, but Steve worked tirelessly to fix them, and it the end it was great.  I expect the DX12 experience to be somewhat similar to start with.

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

True!  Maybe more of a presentation of what's coming this time rather than a Q&A.  :smile:  Jayne normally takes a few questions from the chat messages at the side of the screen, but no formal forum Q&A thread this time as you say - at least, I haven't seen one.

I wonder if they have a Q and A, will the Google versus Bing topic come up? 

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

1 minute ago, Bobsk8 said:

I wonder if they have a Q and A, will the Google versus Bing topic come up? 

:laugh:  No chance!  They seem to have banned all talk of it.

• Upvote 1