Sign in to follow this  
JimBeamBlack

When moving to a new PC, do I need to deactivate the license

Hello, I built a new PC and am getting ready to reinstall P3Dv5 on it, so for my RXP modules, when moving them to a new PC, do I need to deactivate the license somehow first?

The old PC is going to be disassembled and parted out, I will be re-using the game drives but I'm doing full formats.

thanks

Rob Comfort

You must uninstall P3D...I recommend you go to the forums to learn what needs to be uninstalled.  That is so you can reuse the license without waiting a few days to get it reset.  Also the same for PMDG.  But with PMDG you need to do from within the SIM.  The same for FSDreamteam sceneries.

Edited by markmasterson

Hi,

There is no "deactivation" process with RXP and this makes it easier for such cases.

You just need: 1) Download and run the latest e-commerce from our website 2) enter your F1 account credentials 3) press the REINSTALL button!

Edited by RXP

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

51 minutes ago, markmasterson said:

You must uninstall P3D...I recommend you go to the forums to learn what needs to be uninstalled.  That is so you can reuse the license without waiting a few days to get it reset.  Also the same for PMDG.  But with PMDG you need to do from within the SIM.  The same for FSDreamteam sceneries.

Oh man, this I didn't know. I'm glad you gave me a heads up!!  I thought all I had to do was deactivate P3D5.

So I will deactivate most of that stuff from addon manager, but I don't remember seeing the PMDG stuff in there. I always use their manager/installer.

thanks for the help, it's been awhile since I have had to do this.

52 minutes ago, RXP said:

Hi,

There is no "deactivation" process with RXP and this makes it easier for such cases.

You just need: 1) Download and run the latest e-commerce from our website 2) enter your F1 account credentials 3) press the REINSTALL button!

Got it, thanks RXP!!

• Like 1

Rob Comfort