Sign in to follow this  
Silverbird

Lago Honolulu scenery in FSX

Guest Blargh

Apologies if I'm posting this in the wrong place...Does anyone know if Lago's Honolulu scenery is compatible with FSX? I've yet to get FSX, and I'm wondering if this wonderful scenery will still be usable with it.Thanks for any info.

Isn't the developer of this now Cloud9? Was hoping they might do an FSX version of it.scott s..

>Apologies if I'm posting this in the wrong place...>>Does anyone know if Lago's Honolulu scenery is compatible with>FSX? I've yet to get FSX, and I'm wondering if this wonderful>scenery will still be usable with it.>>Thanks for any info.Unfortunately lagos hnl created by mr Umberto Colapicchioni doest not work well in fsx, allot of textuers come out black and other things like that etc etc it was one of the first gmax scenery at the time it came out. I did hear that Mr Umberto Colapicchioni would like to make a new one hopefully soon, the scenery still looks great to this day and it was made around 2002 a very long time now, I love Hawaii and I hope phnl gets made for fsx.

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

I've loaded my Lago PHNL into FSX succesfully, albeit without the ground textures appearing. IMHO it was little trade-off to replace the rudimentary default terminals. With the new FSX airport editors it was little trouble to create accurate parking & automated jetways (if you rename the gates bgl to .old). The only issue I have is that the roofs of some of the main terminal, some of the surrounding bldgs, and the tramway ramps are black. I've confirmed that the textures lack alpha layers using FSX's imagetool. I suspect that some of these portions use default fs9 textures that might not have made it into the fsx texture folder. I've had little success in located any info on whether this is true or not, but my suspicion is based on the fact that the truly "custom" buildings all have correctly functioning textures...

Dan Dominik                                                                           

"I thought you said your dog does not bite....
                                                                That's not my dog."