Sign in to follow this  
Waldo Pepper

We Love VFR - Region 2 V 0.5.1 is available!

Quote,

@everyone 
New version of We Love VFR - Region 2 is available! v. 0.5.1

Few data corrections and many bug fixes this time, so nothing major. Totally reworked exclusion system. Reworked airport detection and verified over 4000 objects near airports for better precision and to avoid sneaky antennas just before the threshold wink

Oh and for those few people with fps issues related to the smoke effects, there is a "no effects" version available.

PS: Region 1 should go to testing this week.

https://flightsim.to/file/16674/we-love-vfr-region-2

Edited by Waldo Pepper
  • Like 19

Edit: Nevermind

Edited by styckx

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

Sounds great. I don't fly in the US much, so mainly use Region 1.

Please can you recap on what to expect in Region 1 update.

Thanks

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

You can expect basically everything that is in Region 2. So smoke effects, all fixes and upgrades and many cooling towers. About 20 times more than in Region 2. All manually verified, and with the model auto generation system. There will be probably over 100 variants.

Oh, did I mentioned that Region 1 will include not only Europe but also all of Africa and part of the Middle East? Everything between -25 and +52 longitude. 

I've also added AIP data for some countries. For now mostly small countries neglected in OSM. Like Albania, Armenia, Burkina Faso, Madagascar, Slovenia and a dozen more. There will be more with every update.

I think I spoiled all surprises already 😃

• Like 26
  • Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, PuffinFlight said:

Oh, did I mentioned that Region 1 will include not only Europe but also all of Africa and part of the Middle East? Everything between -25 and +52 longitude

Good Puffin!

• Like 1

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

Very good addon, much appreciated!

Thank you!

Most of what is said on the Internet may be the same thing they shovel on the regular basis at the local barn.

3 hours ago, PuffinFlight said:

You can expect basically everything that is in Region 2. So smoke effects, all fixes and upgrades and many cooling towers. About 20 times more than in Region 2. All manually verified, and with the model auto generation system. There will be probably over 100 variants.

Oh, did I mentioned that Region 1 will include not only Europe but also all of Africa and part of the Middle East? Everything between -25 and +52 longitude. 

I've also added AIP data for some countries. For now mostly small countries neglected in OSM. Like Albania, Armenia, Burkina Faso, Madagascar, Slovenia and a dozen more. There will be more with every update.

I think I spoiled all surprises already 😃

Although many of us donate(d), I think Asobo should just hire YOU to release the official update when they add towers to the sim...I mean - you already have like half of the World covered already if not more! I can't believe they left this out of release (well kind of can understand it now) - it's like releasing a flight sim without Cirrus clouds! 😄Oh wait...

Great job, and THANK YOU!

• Like 3

Your additions are wonderful and much appreciated!

With the smoke and stacks it really looks like downtown Milwaukee, WI and the soon to be decommissioned power plant at Sheboygan, WI...aka my local area looks even more real!

6 hours ago, KERNEL32 said:

Although many of us donate(d), I think Asobo should just hire YOU to release the official update when they add towers to the sim...I mean - you already have like half of the World covered already if not more! I can't believe they left this out of release (well kind of can understand it now) - it's like releasing a flight sim without Cirrus clouds! 😄Oh wait...

Great job, and THANK YOU!

I'd have nothing against it. It would be awesome even as part-time job. I hate my job more and more, but there is no way to live from donations. All donations from last year barely reach half of my month salary 😄 Don't get me wrong, I really appreciate every single donation and it's amazing that people decide to donate their hard earned money when they don't have to. I still want to move it forward, but to be honest, sometimes it gets overwhelming. I love to develop it, but it takes time, a lot of time. I've just found obstacle data for South Africa. 41k objects. All needs to be analysed, code needs to be written to parse it etc. And it's just one country. We still have 2 continents to do 😄

• Like 13
  • Upvote 1

Appreciate the work that you do, great packages.

• Like 1

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

Awesome will download the update later, thanks Puffin 👍🏽

• Like 1

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

Awesome, this one of the best freeware for MSFS.

• Like 1

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

Love this addon! Add's a ton of immersion, especially for VFR flying!

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU