Sign in to follow this  
787flyer

P3D performance with new Image scaling & sharpening?

On 11/24/2021 at 10:46 PM, C2615 said:

Seems doesn't matter on windowed mode then...

Maybe, I don’t know.  I got it working once so I’m not sure how I did it or how to repeat it.

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

For those having difficulties with the new Image scaling and sharpening feature, perhaps some of these limitations apply in your case. This is what was posted on the Nvidia site recently.

Currently, the following limitations apply:
  • Image Scaling requires that the display is driven by an NVIDIA GPU (handling the scan-out to the display). 
    • For MSHybrid/Optimus notebook configurations, users will have to first set their notebook from mshybrid mode to discrete GPU mode. To enable NVIDIA Image Sharpening for an external monitor, please disable the notebook’s internal display panel. 
  • Image Scaling nativity works when the game or application is running in Full Screen mode (e.g: “exclusive full screen” in some games -  not “borderless windowed” or “fake fullscreen”).
    • For games that don’t offer a proper Full Screen mode and Image Scaling is not getting engaged, you can set the resolution of your desktop equal to in-game resolution, which will enable NVIDIA Image Scaling. It is recommended to use the NVIDIA Control panel to set or switch between scaling resolutions on desktop.
  • Image Scaling supports HDR for Turing & Ampere GPUs. For Maxwell and Pascal GPUs, Image Scaling does not support HDR. 
  • Image Scaling is not supported for Pre-Ampere GPUs while using the YUV 420 color format
  • Image Scaling is not Supported for Pre-Pascal GPUs while using the YUV 422 color format
  • Image Scaling is not supported in  SLI Mode, Surround Multi-Monitor Clone/Duplicate Mode, Tiled Display, Direct Display, VR, and Integer Scaling mode. 

Regards

• Like 2

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!