Sign in to follow this  
Matchstick

A2A Accusim breakthrough.

4 hours ago, Dominique_K said:

What David said, Accusim is an external simulation of the piston engine including permanent wear and tear.

Man am I glad my Robt Young Turbo Bonanza does not model that or I'd already be well on my way toward a costly TBO expenditure!  LOL!

• Like 3

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

7 hours ago, Nyxx said:

They make the "engine" act like a real one, wear and tear, starting has to be done right or the engine will not fire or you can flood it. You have to carrie mantance out before or after flight if needed. There Accusim aircraft just "feel" more like a "real" aircraft. They also need to me used right or they will blow up, cut out etc. 

As long as you use the aircraft as you should it does not do a lot but its there to bite you if you use it like a toy.

I still remember that one day I ignored the engine running a little rough in my Comanche.

I thought I had drained the fuel tanks and refilled them to get rid of water, but apparently not.

On takeoff the engine cut out, I tried to restart the engine, and the impossible turn turned out to be impossible. 

I totalled my 2400 hour Comanche that day, decided to park it, and then I bought the A2A C182 with zero hours.

Accusim is a completely immersive experience.

... Can barely wait to get a "fresh start" in the Comanche. Love that aircraft. 

Edited by Republic3D
  • Like 5

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s

50 minutes ago, Republic3D said:

I still remember that one day I ignored the engine running a little rough in my Comanche.

I thought I had drained the fuel tanks and refilled them to get rid of water, but apparently not.

On takeoff the engine cut out, I tried to restart the engine, and the impossible turn turned out to be impossible. 

I totalled my 2400 hour Comanche that day, decided to park it, and then I bought the A2A C182 with zero hours.

Accusim is a completely immersive experience.

... Can barely wait to get a "fresh start" in the Comanche. Love that aircraft. 

Wait a minute...if you "crash" an A2A plane, that's it? Can't fly it again unless you buy it again from A2A?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, CLE_AA-5B_GrummanTiger said:

Wait a minute...if you "crash" an A2A plane, that's it? Can't fly it again unless you buy it again from A2A?

Oh no. You can fix it in the maintenance hanger and she'll be as good as new. 

This is one of the best news we received lately, especially if you are a GA fan. A2A cant do bad planes. We are on a very good take off for 2022.

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync

That's great. I wonder if that breakthorugh came from Asobo updating the SDK or from A2A finding a workaround.

15 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

That's great. I wonder if that breakthorugh came from Asobo updating the SDK or from A2A finding a workaround.

Read Scott Gentile's post. He says that it is their internal work which triggered it.

• Like 2

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

1 hour ago, CLE_AA-5B_GrummanTiger said:

No, the reason I decided to park it after the crash was that I felt like I had failed, and it would be weird flying it again.

It might sound strange, but the various parameters of the AccuSim experience really creates a unique aircraft. It changes with how you fly it, maintain it and so on. Mine had 2400 hours or so, and it flew differently than a brand spanking new one. So due to the uniqueness of it, I felt like I should park it and buy a new plane. Which I did. 😄 I would also only fly my A2A planes from the last airport I flew into. 

But now I'm really looking forward to the new Comanche for MSFS. It will be awesome.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s

6 hours ago, Dominique_K said:

They said to would bring their P3D GA aircraft to MSFS. And maybe the WB too. Also, I suspect that they will bring, later on, a turboprop or a jet. A couple of years ago, they hinted about having worked on the Texan 2 and the T38 for the military. To which extent, it was not clear. 

They definitely have their T38 and TEX2 working with DoD (military here).

• Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

This is great news. Hope they are planning to release the Cherokee and V Tail Bonanza as well as the Comanche. Their Cherokee is the best PA28 around.

My system specs: Intel i9-10850@3.6 - 5.2 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080, 32GB  DDR4  RAMNoctua NH-D15 CPU Cooler,1TB Seagate SSD, 4TB Seagate HD, Windows 10, Asus 32 inch monitor, Saitek Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals and Trim Wheel     Sims: MSFS2020      Preferred Aircraft  Black Square Bonanza, and Baron, A2A Comanche, PMDG DC-6, Red Wing L1049 

1 hour ago, Republic3D said:

No, the reason I decided to park it after the crash was that I felt like I had failed, and it would be weird flying it again.

I went through kinda the same thing and ended up purchasing a total of 3 copies of the Commanche 250 after crashing the original and then the two replacements.   I couldn't afford to keep flying it until a friend helped clarify the EULA to me. 

• Like 1

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

6 hours ago, Dominique_K said:

Read Scott Gentile's post. He says that it is their internal work which triggered it.

Yes, but exactly WHAT internal work?  I'd really like to know what a) the roadblock was, and b) what they did to solve it

I thought about posting that question in the A2A thread over there but it's likely SG will post back and say they can't say...  😄

And now I think of the song/video for "Say Say Say" by Paul McCartney and Michael Jackson.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

1 hour ago, Mace said:

Yes, but exactly WHAT internal work?  I'd really like to know what a) the roadblock was, and b) what they did to solve it

I thought about posting that question in the A2A thread over there but it's likely SG will post back and say they can't say...  😄

And now I think of the song/video for "Say Say Say" by Paul McCartney and Michael Jackson.

you really think they would reveal what makes "A2A" - "A2A"

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's