Sign in to follow this  
Samaritano

iFly 737NG for P3Dv5 released

If anyone figures out how to get that key assignment app in the addons inside the running sim to work I would love to hear.

Vic green

It is a fantastic addon and you won't regret the purchase, even with the existing NGXu. I try to summarize some points:

• Cockpit: the iFly looks better to me, but this is personal preference. (to bright? Turn off the dome light as it is always on even with Cold n Dark)
  • Sound: Immersive Audio was involved. I love the sound during any phase. Gear extension and retraction as well as flaps are very well made. 
  • EFB: almost identical to the NGXu
  • Customization: The config tool is extremely detailed. Engine Variants with different static thrust and bypass ratios, MCP types, winglet types or none etc. The options for the Autopilot, PFD, ND, DU, IRS, GPWS, Fuel, HUD and Misc are as well very detailed. 
  • My favorite option is the "Joystick Sensitivity" which I have set to MAX. This leads to an very smooth and responsive flight with the Thrustmaster Warthog Set + TPR Pedals....
  • Payload/Fuel: PMDG is better in this regard. You can load/unload whatever you want in the sim......the iFly needs the config tool BEFORE you load the aircraft. You can only adjust the fuel in the simulator. (let me know if I am wrong)
  • LNav and Autopilot: The iFly is way smoother here. I am waiting for the long promised PMDG-LNAV update 
  • Performance: almost identical compared to the NGXu

I have a lot of fun with it. Try it out 😉 

Edited by jomcci
  • Like 6
  • Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Patco Lch said:

If anyone figures out how to get that key assignment app in the addons inside the running sim to work I would love to hear.

Vic if it is like the P3D4 version then all you do is go to the addon selection via the P3D menu bar and then select iFly737 > key assignment.

Double click on the item that you want to select a key assignment for and then enter the key selection.
I highly recommend using Voice attack so that you can assign voice commands to key strokes and macros. For example you could have LNAV, VNAV, Gear UP/DWN and each individual flap setting selectable by nominating a voice command. Just like having a co-pilot and does make flying single pilot so much easier. There is a free version that gives you 1 profile and 20 commands.

Cheers

Steve Hall

3 hours ago, cowpatz said:

Vic if it is like the P3D4 version then all you do is go to the addon selection via the P3D menu bar and then select iFly737 > key assignment.

Double click on the item that you want to select a key assignment for and then enter the key selection.
I highly recommend using Voice attack so that you can assign voice commands to key strokes and macros. For example you could have LNAV, VNAV, Gear UP/DWN and each individual flap setting selectable by nominating a voice command. Just like having a co-pilot and does make flying single pilot so much easier. There is a free version that gives you 1 profile and 20 commands.

Thankyou Steve. It was the double click thing that had me stumped but all good now with my FSUIPC6 profile. I use the FS2Crew for an FO with a wide variety of voice commands. Mr. York has a P3DV5 installer if you summit a ticket on his web site and request one.

Vic green

Now that a few weeks have passed since the release, any further impressions of the iFly 737?  I haven't seen any full reviews or really even any videos, except one in relatively low-res.  Thanks in advance!

I'm really hopefully they get the max out soon.  standing by to purchase. 

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

51 minutes ago, micstatic said:

I'm really hopefully they get the max out soon.  standing by to purchase. 

Meh, not if iFly keeps phoning it in on the displays. It seems like from the screenshots they're using the wrong fonts everywhere, which is a deal killer when that's what you're looking at 90% of the time. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Chapstick said:

Meh, not if iFly keeps phoning it in on the displays. It seems like from the screenshots they're using the wrong fonts everywhere, which is a deal killer when that's what you're looking at 90% of the time. 

yeah fonts look a bit off.  

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

On 11/20/2021 at 1:31 PM, jomcci said:

It is a fantastic addon and you won't regret the purchase, even with the existing NGXu. I try to summarize some points:

I wonder if you could answer a couple of questions I have? Do the cockpit windows have rain and icing effects and can the main flight display units and CDU  be undocked like the PMDG?

Thanks for any help.

2 hours ago, Caveney737 said:

Do the cockpit windows have rain and icing effects and can the main flight display units and CDU  be undocked like the PMDG?

No, not that I've seen in EA mode anyway.
Yes, all MFDs and CDUs undockable.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

Not exactly a fresh thread, but the one I saw. I just picked it up at 20% discount (I had the FSX version). I was very pleased to remember how it is not a radical departure from the Classic I’m used to. So it’s a very comfortable fit.  I haven’t done much more than do a partial flight from a takeoff state, but it looks crisp, is smooth and doesn’t doesn’t give FPS or graphics a hard time. It seems to be a more polished, less annoying product than, say, the Aerosoft Airbus. I have not done a lot with the EFB but can say it connects with Navigraph without drama, which is nice. Always have to reload to get rid of the error message with the Bus. Not that I don’t like the latter, but so far I think the iFly is a better overall experience. The price is right, especially with the discount. I am happy with the purchase and will get into the tutorial when Staples has it printed out for me Friday. (More than the cost of the airplane, by the way.) An African tutorial is kind of a cool surprise. I’ll have more to say later, but first the impression is favorable. I usually don’t use EA but made an exception. It does look nice and shiny set up as recommended. Fuel pax and cargo are easy to set up. I personally prefer an external app like this rather than the FMC options like others use. I liked iFly in FSX a lot and it seems like an old friend. No trouble with getting things set up to my satisfaction in FSUIPC, but haven’t tried anything super fancy. Let’s just say, being disappointed would come as a surprise and it has potential to be my ultimate Boeing.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1