Sign in to follow this  
Samaritano

iFly 737NG for P3Dv5 released

8 minutes ago, Chapstick said:

Yes. In a dying market, this was not the shot in the arm that P3D needed. 

Nice to have such cheerful people in this forum.

• Upvote 3

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

I am not a developer but If I were iFly i would rather put all my resources developing the 737-Max instead of the next NGX. 

On 11/18/2021 at 12:00 AM, PilotPete99 said:

It does still appear that Flight1 offers a 30 day money back guarantee, even on digital products, so that is certainly a plus.

Cheers, Pete

For two thirds of the PMDG price and including the variants, if the quality is good then it seems an almost bargain.

• Like 1

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

Here are some more pics i found in some discord servers

general reaction is that its equal to pmdg's 737, some features missing, some features added that the ngxu doesnt have.

2021-11-17_15-35-44-388.png

unknown.png

2021-11-17_15-27-49-67.png

2021-11-17_15-28-53-707.png

unknown.png

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, ark4diusz said:

I am not a developer but If I were iFly i would rather put all my resources developing the 737-Max instead of the next NGX.

Here's the response to that type of thought:

"When we first heard about iFly’s Jet Advanced Series 737NG for Prepar3D, Steve from Flight1 reached out to FSElite who said there is “still a large market for the iFly team who serves commercial and home-cockpit customers but also benefits other users.”
He also confirmed there is a 737MAX in development. Steve said that it “has a planned release date in 2022.”

Source: https://fselite.net/news/further-previews-of-iflys-jets-advanced-series-737ng-for-p3d/

6 minutes ago, sem said:

general reaction is that its equal to pmdg's 737, some features missing, some features added that the ngxu doesnt have.

unknown.png

Nice!

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

7 minutes ago, sem said:

Here are some more pics i found in some discord servers

unknown.png

2021-11-17_15-27-49-67.png

2021-11-17_15-28-53-707.png

unknown.png

Looks great, any reports on performance vs PMDG over there?  Thank you for the information! 

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

19 minutes ago, ark4diusz said:

I agree. I read the article about the Max in 2022. They should have led with that as everyone is tired of waiting on PMDG to release a Max. 

• Like 2

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

I find this aircraft to be visually beautiful and performance very smooth. Night lighting is superior. Flight dynamics is adjustable in the configurater and similar to NGXu. I haven’t done a full flight yet but am pleased with what I see so far.

The configuration is not as user friendly as PMDG.  Assigning keys is very confusing with no instructions on that feature. So far there is not many liveries and am trying to get the FS2Crew to work. These minor irritations aside it is well worth the price.  I have also noticed an occasional sound stutter but the sound is very immersive. I see no need for any payware sound enhancement.

Im glad to see a top developer who hasn’t followed the piper and has the foresight to continue P3DV5 development.  Not sure that’s true of PMDG. Still waiting on My DC6 which is suppose to upgraded to version five.

• Like 7

Vic green

1 minute ago, Patco Lch said:

I see no need for any payware sound enhancement

Already included according to Immersive Studios developer:
http://disq.us/p/2ku730n

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AyxiHwc-54

Thanks for your initial feedback.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

1 hour ago, Patco Lch said:

Assigning keys is very confusing with no instructions on that feature. So far there is not many liveries and am trying to get the FS2Crew to work.

I don't really need another 737 since I have the NGXu, but this does look nice.  And, it makes me glad I bought the FS2Crew All Access Pack since the iFly is included.

2 hours ago, psolk said:

Looks great, any reports on performance vs PMDG over there?  Thank you for the information! 

definitely better than pmdg, allround great competitor

• Like 2

I'm still on v4, and I have already the NGXu. However, this looks tempting, specially with the 30-day refund policy (I hope Flight1 has already whitelisted me because all the refunds I asked during my FSX-P3D4 transition) and the reports of better FPS. Too bad it does not have the -700.

Edited by Luis Hernandez

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@23-144 Hz (locked at 120 Hz, FreeSync OFF), Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.44.5.

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

Would like to hear a report on ground handling (i.e. realistic breakaway thrust and inertia like the FSL bus has) and autopilot pitch behavior. These are two areas that kill the immersion on the NGXu for me. 

P3D 4.3, Windows 10/64 bit, Intel 6700k @ 4.7 air-cooled, NVidia 2080 Ti Founders Edition, ASUS Rog Maximus VIII Ranger, 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 @3200, Phanteks Anthoo Pro Series Case, Samsung 950 Pro M.2 500GB, Sandisk 1TB SATA, Seagate 2TB Hybrid Drive, Cooler Master 700W, 40-inch Samsung 4k TV

5 hours ago, sem said:

definitely better than pmdg, allround great competitor

Quantify that, how is it better? 

Eric 

4 hours ago, bbain1187 said:

Would like to hear a report on ground handling (i.e. realistic breakaway thrust and inertia like the FSL bus has) and autopilot pitch behavior. These are two areas that kill the immersion on the NGXu for me. 

Taxing it feels a bit more sluggish then NGXu. Break away thrust about the same but she needs a bit of prodding to maintain taxi speed or she'll slog down. I use a joy stick for a steering tiler and that handles about the same as NGXu.  Sorry I have to keep referring back to the PMDG but not being a real pilot that's all I have to compare to. 

• Like 2

Vic green