Sign in to follow this  
GSalden

PSXT + RT + AIG : Live traffic

16 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

Other than matching all tracked aircraft better, nothing really. It doesn't interact with the ATC so it will completely ignore you.

For me personally it's nice for watching, but not to actually fly with.

There is a free alternative to RL, but it's less accurate with aircraft movement.

Hey Tuskin, since they don't interact with the ATC, have you noticed anything noteworthy about what runways they use for arrival and departures relative to wind?  Hope I'm not beating a dead horse here, lol.  Ultimately I can check it out for myself, which I will.

1 hour ago, mikeklimek said:

Hey Tuskin, since they don't interact with the ATC, have you noticed anything noteworthy about what runways they use for arrival and departures relative to wind?  Hope I'm not beating a dead horse here, lol.  Ultimately I can check it out for myself, which I will.

they use whatever runway the plane is using in real life. Since it's just straight tracking movement.

Edited by Tuskin38

There is probably a lot of money to be made for a company that comes with a working AI solution that is easy to install, I have lost all hope that Asobo will be able to do it.

• Like 1

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

4 hours ago, Phantoms said:

MSFS does have AI problems (hopefully some of them will get fixed tomorrow)

I wouldn't count on that.  Jorg, in his interview a couple of days ago, admitted that the AI had problems and that they were working (and consulting with AIG) on it, but asked people to "have patience" while they improve it -- which suggests SU8 at the earliest.

James David Walley

Ryzen 7 7700X, 32 GB, RTX 3080

Inside PSXT there is a very simple Learner tool : you run it together with Real Traffic.

You can set an airport ICAO code and then it will keep track of all arriving and departing aircraft. This info will be used for parked aircraft at startup. So you will see aircraft/airlines that can be seen at the airport in reality too. 

For every new airport I first run the Learner a few hours ( no need to run MSFS ) so when I start at the airport or arrive at it I see aircraft.

- - - 

These airport files can be made as realistic as you want them to be. You can have parked aircraft in general but also only at the hours they are there in real life.

Nico has done a superb job over the years. PSXT supports both MSFS as P3D.

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

45 minutes ago, GSalden said:

Inside PSXT there is a very simple Learner tool : you run it together with Real Traffic.

You can set an airport ICAO code and then it will keep track of all arriving and departing aircraft. This info will be used for parked aircraft at startup. So you will see aircraft/airlines that can be seen at the airport in reality too. 

For every new airport I first run the Learner a few hours ( no need to run MSFS ) so when I start at the airport or arrive at it I see aircraft.

- - - 

These airport files can be made as realistic as you want them to be. You can have parked aircraft in general but also only at the hours they are there in real life.

Nico has done a superb job over the years. PSXT supports both MSFS as P3D.

Yes, Nico did a great job but he cancelled the abillity that the app was using ADS-B (free traffic provider better than RT) 😞

Intel i7-9700K - Asus Nvidia RTX 2080 Super - 32 Gb Ram - SSD Drive - Win10 x64 - Samsung 43" 4K TV

9 hours ago, captain420 said:

What does adding PSXT and RT to AIG do to improve AI?

It makes the other aircraft use the real life runways, even complex operations like  intersecting runway operations and (eg EGLL) alternating runways by time of day.

It makes the other aircraft taxi at a realistic speed, not creep along.

These aircraft follow recommended taxi routes and do not do their own AI thing.

It makes landing aircraft get the hell off the runway and not dawdle around like programmed AI

No ridiculous takeoff queues and go-arounds at single runway airports (eg EGKK) because of these 'runway blockers'

It gives us 'string of pearl' landing queues but without go-arounds (except when they actually happen)

It makes the other aircraft follow the real life DPs and STARs.

It has each airline use their real life gates without needing AFCADs.

It's a plane spotter's delight, with the occasional surprise ('I never knew xxxxxxx flew into xxxxxxx')

You can play Live ATC, real not robotic voices, and it makes sense with what's happening around you.

For me, the only downside was that during the worst of Covid, there was very little traffic to be seen, but hopefully that's all over now.

Edited by Petraeus
Another reason
  • Like 3

Petraeus

One final question before I try it:- Do the AI planes know you are there? I.e if you're waiting in line to take off.... Or coming in to land...I know they wont interact with ATC. 

They are not AI of course, they are real! And you are a matter of complete indifference to them; as far as they are concerned, you don't exist. Just like Lily James and me.

However, the PSXT software will remove them temporarily when they encroach on your space. So if you are waiting to take off, the one in the queue behind you will not pass through you, but just disappear while you are waiting there. It's advisable to judge when to line up on the runway based on landing traffic, but if they land while you are on your takeoff roll you won't be aware of them because they will disappear rather than roll through you. Also, if they are in 'your' parking spot, you can just taxi in there and they will disappear, although there is a software option to reserve your specific parking spot at the arrival airport.

Edited by Petraeus
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Petraeus

I will add that for me, Nico Kaan is one of the heroes of this hobby. He originally developed the freeware (or donationware) PSXseecon Traffic for FSX and P3D and extended it to MSFS later. He has continually improved it over the years and is very responsive to suggestions in the AVSIM forum. A couple of weeks ago I pointed out that the parsing of the aircraft in the IVAO collection was bypassing some models; within two hours he had issued a new version, and my available liveries rose from 1800+ to 2200+. Only this week he made a change to cater for the AIG models, and my liveries have now shot up to 4400+! And all with no 'model matching' on my part.

A particularly favourite feature of mine is the 'Learner' program. This runs offline from the simulator, just connecting to the payware Real Traffic program. Point it at an airport or set of airports and it will run, looking at the real traffic that comes and goes, and build the equivalent of an AFCAD based on where the real aircraft park. So when you run the simulator, that's where it places the static aircraft for each airline. Or, if you are really fussy about these things, you can restrict the static aircraft to the actual time of day when they actually park, so that the Emirates A380 is only parked at EGCC in the late morning as in real life, not (heaven forbid!) at an unrealistic time in the afternoon. That's an example of Nico's inventiveness and care and attention.

• Like 6

Petraeus

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

1 hour ago, Petraeus said:

I will add that for me, Nico Kaan is one of the heroes of this hobby. He originally developed the freeware (or donationware) PSXseecon Traffic for FSX and P3D and extended it to MSFS later. He has continually improved it over the years and is very responsive to suggestions in the AVSIM forum. A couple of weeks ago I pointed out that the parsing of the aircraft in the IVAO collection was bypassing some models; within two hours he had issued a new version, and my available liveries rose from 1800+ to 2200+. Only this week he made a change to cater for the AIG models, and my liveries have now shot up to 4400+! And all with no 'model matching' on my part.

A particularly favourite feature of mine is the 'Learner' program. This runs offline from the simulator, just connecting to the payware Real Traffic program. Point it at an airport or set of airports and it will run, looking at the real traffic that comes and goes, and build the equivalent of an AFCAD based on where the real aircraft park. So when you run the simulator, that's where it places the static aircraft for each airline. Or, if you are really fussy about these things, you can restrict the static aircraft to the actual time of day when they actually park, so that the Emirates A380 is only parked at EGCC in the late morning as in real life, not (heaven forbid!) at an unrealistic time in the afternoon. That's an example of Nico's inventiveness and care and attention.

Ok, once sim update 7 is out the way I’ll give this a shot. 

forgot to ask, does it cover GA?

Edited by Ianrivaldosmith
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

forgot to ask, does it cover GA?

Yes it does and helicopters too.

Nico Kaan

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, kiek said:

Yes it does and helicopters too.

Nico Kaan