Sign in to follow this  
GSalden

PSXT + RT + AIG : Live traffic

Forum hickup, sorry, please delete or ignore

Edited by guenseli

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Forum hickup, sorry, please delete or ignore

Edited by guenseli

Guenter Steiner

16 minutes ago, GSalden said:

Here in Europe it looks quiet good…..

I'm also in Europe ... and as far as I understodd the manual I do not have to make any settings to make the traffic more precise, or?

Have had a look at some airports (EDDM and LSZH e.g.) and got taxiing off the taxi way and several (meaning mostly) times takeoff with interruptions and slewing. 

Guenter Steiner

12 minutes ago, GSalden said:
43 minutes ago, guenseli said:

I tried it now for some flights, thanks for the hint!

My opinions:

it is really fascinating to see the real traffic and to know it is the real traffic.

BUT:

I think, on the long run I can't live with the movements, the real traffic does. An aircraft which is starting, accelerates on the runway, then suddenly stops for some seconds, then jumps up or down probably to slew after that to its further position.

All in all most aircraft stutter and jittering a lot here.

I know the technical reasons of the above behave and I do not critisize the work of the both programs, especially the freeware PSX, which is a great freeware!, but I do not think I will keep this kind of traffic.

However, really fascinating to observe it

Not seen that on my pc’s yet. You saw my vid.

It depends on how accurate the data is that Real Traffic receives for the airport.

I can't believe what I'm seeing on my screen 😲

In MSFS at Heathrow.  I have ADBS Tracker running on my phone (similar to FlightRadar 24 but with realistic radar display).  I can see all the air and ground traffic from reality all moving smoothly inside MSFS and can hear the traffic on my scanner!  Not only that, but the traffic is displayed in Foreflight and I'm getting TCAS warnings for the traffic!

I am blown away by these Addons - immersion overload!  I have downloaded and installed AIG with all airlines - every aircraft has the correct livery.  I am SOOO glad this thread was started.

• Like 4

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

6 minutes ago, guenseli said:

Have had a look at some airports (EDDM and LSZH e.g.) and got taxiing off the taxi way and several (meaning mostly) times takeoff with interruptions and slewing. 

I had that at EHAM, planes taxing over the grass. I am going to try more airports tonight. 

Well, I actually do see quite some of that jittering, stopping, accelerating etc. in Europe as well. And also those very strange take off patterns: appearing on the runway out of nowhere, accelerating slowly, then faster, then taking off like a rocket and after a while leveling off. Sometimes disappearing.

So, there's still some tweaking to do I guess. Overall, I'm still very happy though with PSXT and RT. Btw: I'm using MSFS2020. 

Greets,

Jan

near EHGG, Netherlands

1 minute ago, Digger57 said:

And also those very strange take off patterns: appearing on the runway out of nowhere, accelerating slowly, then faster, then taking off like a rocket and after a while leveling off. Sometimes disappearing.

that is exactly what I'm talking about.

Curious if there's some setting we could make to avoid this as other seems not to have this issues

Guenter Steiner

I have the 24-hour trial license for real traffic and run PSXT and IAG. Real Live Traffic is on in the sim.

I'm getting at EGLL duplicate planes, severe jerky planes and low flying planes across the airport. Everything is fine when I run AIG on its own.

Martin

Martin Parr

Retired professional yacht skipper for vessels up to 46m

System: Omen 30L GT13-0054na Gaming PC; Windows 10 Home  64-bit OS; Intel Core i9-10900K CPU @ 3.7GHz; RAM 32GB; Samsung S34J55x Monitor 3440x1440 @75 Hz Resolution; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti. MSFS P/D; TM Pendular Rudder Pedals, TM Warthog Hortas Throttle/Joystick Combo.

3 hours ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

So, I now have this working. Really super easy to use, and actually way quicker than the AIG traffic injector  by about 10x! 

I have one teething problem; I tested it at EHAM schipol, and after the planes land, some of them taxi across the grass, I can see they mean to use the taxiway but it seems offset?  Anyway around this?

other than that, it is 100x better than msfs live traffic. The aircraft actually queue up, use correct runways and taxiways, all in all, if I can fix that issue above, it is 10x better and I will be sticking with it 100%. 

Encouraging to hear!  I won't be able to try it until tomorrow, but just a thought on the taxing across grass:  looking through some of the documentation, it mentions "learning" that takes place within the tool; moreover, it mentions a separate "learning tool" that comes with the download that can be run behind the scenes when one is just keeping busy around the house where it can "learn" airports that you specify.  I wonder if this "learning" is the correct taxiways (among other things)?

2 hours ago, GSalden said:

Not seen that on my pc’s yet. You saw my vid.

It depends on how accurate the data is that Real Traffic receives for the airport.

Check LEBL - a saw this problem there.

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, RTX 4090, 32GB RAM 5200MHz, Asus Prime B650+, 850W PSU

English is not my first language.

1 hour ago, sauviat said:

Real Live Traffic is on in the sim.

There's your issue. RL + PSXT inject their own planes, you don't need any of the traffic settings on.

Edited by Tuskin38

1 hour ago, mikeklimek said:

it mentions "learning" that takes place within the tool; moreover, it mentions a separate "learning tool" that comes with the download that can be run behind the scenes when one is just keeping busy around the house where it can "learn" airports that you specify.

That's pretty neat. I sorta rushed through the documentation, I'll have a deeper look now.

AMD 7950X3D | 64 GB RAM | RTX 4090

B737 Pilot

Few issue LEBL - LatinVFR (2:50 - when takeoff and the taxiing)

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, RTX 4090, 32GB RAM 5200MHz, Asus Prime B650+, 850W PSU

English is not my first language.

45 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

There's your issue. RL + PSXT inject their own planes, you don't need any of the traffic settings on.

Thank you.

Martin

Martin Parr

Retired professional yacht skipper for vessels up to 46m

System: Omen 30L GT13-0054na Gaming PC; Windows 10 Home  64-bit OS; Intel Core i9-10900K CPU @ 3.7GHz; RAM 32GB; Samsung S34J55x Monitor 3440x1440 @75 Hz Resolution; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti. MSFS P/D; TM Pendular Rudder Pedals, TM Warthog Hortas Throttle/Joystick Combo.

17 minutes ago, rutra said:

Few issue LEBL - LatinVFR (2:50 - when takeoff and the taxiing)

Like I wrote : everything depends on the data that is delivered to PSXT.

Beside that : do not move too fast to all directions with your camera as that might cause weird issues in MSFS.
Beside that I am getting seasick watching your vid 🤮

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0