Sign in to follow this  
waltpop

Aerosoft CRJ and Honeycomb

I purchased the Aerosoft CRJ Package. The 500,700,800 and 900. For some reason none of the dials on the quadrant change the settings in the plane. I have to use the mouse to set ALT, VS, HDG, ALS, Course, etc. I can only make these settings "on The Screen". The Speed Brakes, Throttles, and Flaps work on the Quad, just the dials are not seeing the CRJ. On my honeycomb yoke I also noticed the Light switches don't operate the switches in the plane, I can only move them on the screen. I'm thinking this is an Aerosoft/Honeycomb problem because I just now tried switching the aircraft to the Cessna Citation and the QUAD dials work as they should. I notice when I select the CRJ the Altitude window is always showing 10000' before I even change the ALT. Anyone else having this problem? Any solutions? Thanks Walt

Walt Popowski

Thank you. You're right. Just hoping Aerosoft is aware of the issue and can correct it. I received a reply from Honeycomb and they said "Unfortunately, some addon creators use different code than the base code of the simulator, so the controls don't work properly with the plane itself. That may be what's causing the issue in your case as well. We apologize for the inconvenience, but we are limited in the scope of the code we can use, as we use the same type as the base simulator. We recommend checking with the forums as you have done to see if there are any ways around this issue!" and hopefully this can help Aerosoft fix the problem. I'm seeing $500.00 for a Yoke and Quadrant and $70.00 for the CRJ, and for $600.00 I want these things to work. I'll be patient, but at least have Aerosoft look at this problem. I Love the Aerosoft planes and I love my Honeycomb controlls. Happy Thanksgiving and Happy Flying

Walt Popowski

13 hours ago, waltpop said:

I purchased the Aerosoft CRJ Package. The 500,700,800 and 900. For some reason none of the dials on the quadrant change the settings in the plane. I have to use the mouse to set ALT, VS, HDG, ALS, Course, etc. I can only make these settings "on The Screen". The Speed Brakes, Throttles, and Flaps work on the Quad, just the dials are not seeing the CRJ. On my honeycomb yoke I also noticed the Light switches don't operate the switches in the plane, I can only move them on the screen. I'm thinking this is an Aerosoft/Honeycomb problem because I just now tried switching the aircraft to the Cessna Citation and the QUAD dials work as they should. I notice when I select the CRJ the Altitude window is always showing 10000' before I even change the ALT. Anyone else having this problem? Any solutions? Thanks Walt

i use a program called spad.next to get my buttons to work, the crj uses LVAR bridge to the sim, the problem is not your honeycomb products, try the a32nx and you will find some buttons wont work with that as that uses lvar.

Edited by FSUK_86

Thank you. Guess we will just have to wait this out. I'm sure someone will fix this tough. Have a Happy Thanksgiving and again thank you for your help and advise. I do appreciate it. Walt

Walt Popowski

Like FSUK_86, I use a 3rd party app called AxisandOhs (payware). There is a public template available that makes MOST of the buttons/switches work with the BTQ and CRJ700. If you google AxisandOhs, you should be able to find it. It is possibly on Flightsim.TO. The installation is fairly painless. 

Yup I held off spending the $20 on Axis & Ohs and am angry with myself for waiting. Works great with CRJ and you can download a profile for it as Aerosoft’s forum. Using it with other planes now and love it. 

Edited by haskell
Grammar

Eddie
KABQ