Sign in to follow this  
Amon1973

AMD Radeon Driver update.

• Like 5

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

I hope so.  I had to roll back Windows 11 because eyefinity wasn't lining up the monitors.  The last working driver for me is 21.3.1 and that's from March.  Anything else and I have 15 minute load time and single digit frame rate.  I have a 5700XT

1 hour ago, DarkMantle said:

I hope so.  I had to roll back Windows 11 because eyefinity wasn't lining up the monitors.  The last working driver for me is 21.3.1 and that's from March.  Anything else and I have 15 minute load time and single digit frame rate.  I have a 5700XT

I had an AMD GPU when I first got my new PC, and had countless driver problems, causing CTDs,  no matter which driver I used .  Company swapped it for a Nvidia GPU, problem solved. 

• Upvote 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

6 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

I had an AMD GPU when I first got my new PC, and had countless driver problems, causing CTDs,  no matter which driver I used .  Company swapped it for a Nvidia GPU, problem solved. 

I was thinking of doing the same.  Can you swap between AMD and Nvidia or are Motherboards geared towards a specific GPU?

1 minute ago, DarkMantle said:

I was thinking of doing the same.  Can you swap between AMD and Nvidia or are Motherboards geared towards a specific GPU?

All you have to do is change drivers. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

you can mix and match them with no probs generally 🙂

things are very quiet around here considering there's a pending update??

Edited by dogmanbird

22 minutes ago, DarkMantle said:

Usually the motherboard limitations are related to multi GPUs. Some motherboards will only be compatible with SLI (Nvidia), and others with Crossfire (AMD). But for the most people that use single GPU setups, it doesn’t matter the motherboard.

I never had any problems with my Radeons (Vii and 6800XT) running the sim. Neither with my 2080ti. I prefer the Radeons for clarity and color. Its important also setup the driver correctly after new driver installation, NVidia and AMD is done differently. What is same for both though, is to remember to disable your network before uninstall of old driver, and only enable after install of new driver, as Windows will ALWAYS install its own driver in the background if PC stays connected to the net, which may corrupt your new driver installation, giving you various issues, especially on the Radeons.

I have found the Radeons to be rock solid and stable over many years.

• Like 1

I might actually update the driver if it's optimised for GOTY. I'm still running October 2020 due to the issues later drivers caused (CTDs mostly).

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

1 hour ago, Vlooi said:

I never had any problems with my Radeons (Vii and 6800XT) running the sim. Neither with my 2080ti. I prefer the Radeons for clarity and color. Its important also setup the driver correctly after new driver installation, NVidia and AMD is done differently. What is same for both though, is to remember to disable your network before uninstall of old driver, and only enable after install of new driver, as Windows will ALWAYS install its own driver in the background if PC stays connected to the net, which may corrupt your new driver installation, giving you various issues, especially on the Radeons.

I have found the Radeons to be rock solid and stable over many years.

Tried as you suggested. Still useless. I even went in and manually deleted the drivers. The new driver is taking 10 to 15 mins to load and I'm lucky to see 6 fps when I had 43. It's not only the game play. Everything in the game is laggy from the mouse movement to the globe turning. I've also sent in multiple bug reports.