Sign in to follow this  
Chairman

Updated my G44, couldn't choose the install location ?

I just downloaded and installed v1.7 of the G44. One step of the install process is a screen where I should be able to choose the install location, but everything was grayed out, the installer was putting it in the community folder and that's that, resistance is futile !! 🙂

No biggie, anyone who knows enough to want it installed somewhere else will know how to move it, but it looks like unintended behaviour so it's probably worth flagging. 

Cheers.

Gary Lowndes

7 hours ago, Chairman said:

No biggie, anyone who knows enough to want it installed somewhere else will know how to move it, but it looks like unintended behavior so it's probably worth flagging. 

I think the installer is working as intended, but I'll check with Mark and report back.

Al

18 hours ago, Chairman said:

I just downloaded and installed v1.7 of the G44. One step of the install process is a screen where I should be able to choose the install location, but everything was grayed out, the installer was putting it in the community folder and that's that, resistance is futile !! 🙂

No biggie, anyone who knows enough to want it installed somewhere else will know how to move it, but it looks like unintended behaviour so it's probably worth flagging. 

Cheers.

The installer is working as it should. The installer prevents customers from installing to the wrong location so the product is guaranteed to work. Even the Market place products are limited to only 1 location and moving the product would fail. We also have designed the product to only work from the Community folder where the Sim was designed to store 3rd party software. With so many sim updates that seem to have surprises we do not want any future issues from allowing the product to be stored anywhere and then it fails to work.

Edited by Flysimware