Sign in to follow this  
webranger

What works...what doesn't?

12 minutes ago, Bdub22 said:

I thought the same thing until I tried TrackIR. It’s like you’re literally in the cockpit. It’s utterly useless to go back. 

Now wait until you try VR

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

Lukas Dalton

1 minute ago, DaWu said:

Now wait until you try VR

I tried VR a few months ago. I couldn't wait to get that Scuba mask off my head, 

• Like 2

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

14 minutes ago, Drumcode said:

You're missing out then. 🙂

No, I'm not. I had one some years ago and sold it. Prefer to fly without it.

• Like 1

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

9 minutes ago, Little Jenny said:

Anybody else having issues with the Caravan? 

I loaded the Caravan just to try setting up the condition lever. I didn't try to fly, but there certainly was a VC. I don't have any Caravan mods installed and just used the default livery.

Al

Edited by ark

3 minutes ago, ark said:

I loaded the Caravan just to try setting up the condition lever. I didn't try to fly, but there certainly was a VC. I don't have any Caravan mods installed and just used the default livery.

Al

I was able to load up the default unmodded Caravan as well.  Looking like it's the mod that's the issue.  

7 minutes ago, Alvega said:

No, I'm not. I had one some years ago and sold it. Prefer to fly without it.

Have fun, pressing hot keys and using hat switch, nothing wrong with it.

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

1 hour ago, Bobsk8 said:

I am on approach in the DC6 to CYYZ, and guess what, the Track IR turns off on short final. After landing I looked, and there is no command to turn Track IR on, except to go into the camera menu and flip the switch from off to on. 

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/track-ir-stops-working/472119/2

You can assign a key to it, so that you don’t need to use the mouse to go in the menu to toggle that setting. Not ideal but better 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

I tried VR a few months ago. I couldn't wait to get that Scuba mask off my head, 

Then try an index with fov of 120. no mask effect at all

Edited by DaWu

Lukas Dalton

3 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

You can assign a key to it, so that you don’t need to use the mouse to go in the menu to toggle that setting. Not ideal but better 

Exactly what menu setting are you referring to? I am not aware of it.

Thx,

Al

43 minutes ago, z06z33 said:

Guessing you don’t have a hat switch? Been simming 20+ years and have never wanted TrackIR even in combat sims. I just use the hat switch 

Happy for you. And I don't use VR, so the heck with those guys too, right?

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

Is anyone using OpenTrack and an old phone with faceID? I moved to that over TrackIR but curious if it uses the same TrackIR logistics within the sim and is also bugged.

I've been reading over this thread (out on a short trip until tomorrow and haven't updated yet), and wonder myself if there's something positive regarding this messy SU7.

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

12 minutes ago, DaWu said:

Then try an index with fov of 120. no mask effect at all

You’re kidding right? It’s like wearing a scuba mask. You need a fov of 180 and even then it’s still heavy. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, ark said:

Thx,

Al

13 minutes ago, ark said:

Thx,

Al

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/track-ir-stops-working/472119/7

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tom Wright said:

I just did a test flight in the Cessna and lost all rudder control after landing so couldn't taxi. The rudder just flutters and then returns to neutral even when trying to hold full left or right.

Thought it was the assistance settings which I had to turn off mid-flight as it was doing weird things to the controls but they were all off by the time I'd landed. Strange.

Have you tried restarting the sim.  I had the exact same thing happen to me aft SU5 installed.  Not sure what the underlying cause was, but after a restart the rudder control was back to normal.