Sign in to follow this  
webranger

What works...what doesn't?

47 minutes ago, Andreas Stangenes said:

Did they implement the tree slider in this update, or is that yet to come?

It was there from the begining, so to speak. The settings "Low" to "Ultra" for "Trees" do not change the density of the trees but the draw distance.

1 hour ago, webstef68 said:

Did Asobo change the colorimetry again ? I first noticed it because the text within afterburner is white/washed out and not orange anymore? And flying at dusk everything that shines is far too bright and pixelated… Or is the HDR broken ? Or is it my rig ? Or my eyes 😬 ?

The text MSI afterburner shows is washed out quite a bit indeed, especially when the text overlays bright background such as cloud in the day and sun light. What I tried was to add shadow to the text but that turned out to be ugly and obtrusive. At the end, I chose a more vivid orange color for the text instead but still not as distinguishable as before. I'll bear with that.

I also had the problems with TrackIR
After I reset my settings under "general options/camera " to default it works again

If I look at a certain place and zoom in with the right mouse button the view is held.
Without zoom the view goes back to default

34 minutes ago, Isaiah53six said:

same. Wonder why they removed this functionality

You have to reset the mouse control options to default.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Harry320 said:

I also had the problems with TrackIR
After I reset my settings under "general options/camera " to default it works again

If I look at a certain place and zoom in with the right mouse button the view is held.
Without zoom the view goes back to default

There is a toggle to disable and enable TrackIR: assign a button to it to enable TIR once it is stuck. TIR is set to off currently whenever you lose contact with the sensor (by looking too far away): with the toggle you can enable it again. It's a work around: hopefully this gets fixed soon.

My biggest problems with this release (in order of importance):
- performance decrease: I have a MASSIVE stutter a few times every minute: utterly annoying on my new PC with G-Sync
- TrackIR is bugged
- loading a flight takes a LOT longer

EDIT
Okay, now I am really word not allowed... the TrackIR work around doesn't work! When I look at the ingame camera menu TrackIR won't enable: it stays off whenever I click on it or use the assigned control!

EDIT 2
And after editing my mouse profile (because scroll wheel was on zoom... ) TrackIR is working again... Geez...

EDIT 3
Wow... I am in the cockpit now and looking around with TIR is a stutterting mess... Little airport, clear skies, nothing heavy going on.. Did I really buy a new PC with G-Sync monitor and all a few weeks ago for THIS word not allowed?!? Heavily disappointed. MSFS was perfect imho before this 'update'. Boy... how annyoing...

Edited by tup61
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Lange_666 said:

Can't close the ATC window. I can minimize it but not close it.
I start with the ATC window OFF but when i open it, no closing any more.
Also the ATC log is black although the game setting is set to "ON".

Solved: ATC Stutter Fix was the problem. Didn't move it out of the community folder (but copied instead leaving it in).
After removing, ATC window and log works again.

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base & hegykc MFG Crosswind modded pedals, TrackIR4, no more VR

13 hours ago, Bdub22 said:

I thought the same thing until I tried TrackIR. It’s like you’re literally in the cockpit. It’s utterly useless to go back. 

I get that experience from VR...

5 minutes ago, Malcolm Street said:

I get that experience from VR...

Me too

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

7 hours ago, Alvega said:

Lol, don't be ridiculous. Read the other posts, I had a TrackIR and sold it because I didn't like flying with it. Just because you like it everyone has to? Some people...

Some users couldn't figure out how to adjust Track IR, so they gave up.  Hey some people can't drive a stick shift car either, 

• Like 2

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 Fenix A320, FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, , Milviz C 310

spacer.png

Got a message from Zendesk this morning that said basically " Yes we know Track IR is broken, and that  was in the release notes, have a nice day"... No promise to fix it. So they knew the update would cause this problem when they force fed the update.

What arrogance. 

• Like 2

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 Fenix A320, FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, , Milviz C 310

spacer.png

3 hours ago, AboveAtlantic said:

The text MSI afterburner shows is washed out quite a bit indeed, especially when the text overlays bright background such as cloud in the day and sun light. What I tried was to add shadow to the text but that turned out to be ugly and obtrusive. At the end, I chose a more vivid orange color for the text instead but still not as distinguishable as before. I'll bear with that.

Something was staying hooked since the last nvidia driver installation. After playing around with the HDR slider and resetting the values it came back to normal. Thank you for your tip anyway😉

Could someone point me to the release notes where they say about the known issues please?

I am unable to find them on their forum...

15 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Got a message from Zendesk this morning that said basically " Yes we know Track IR is broken, and that  was in the release notes, have a nice day"... No promise to fix it. So they knew the update would cause this problem when they force fed the update.

What arrogance. 

I totally get more and more a feeling and confirmation that they are so Gamers orientated....Reno Air race.........XBOX, F18 hornet, etc.....

• Like 1

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

9 minutes ago, mpo910 said:

I totally get more and more a feeling and confirmation that they are so Gamers orientated....Reno Air race.........XBOX, F18 hornet, etc.....

People will always argue to the contrary about this. However it does make one wonder, why not have a stable build and build on that, instead of all these unstable builds with new wonders such as Reno, new aircraft, world updates of cities etc etc etc…. And yes, different teams blah blah, still isn’t an excuse really. 

I mean the trackIR isn’t the first major thing to have been broken and left over the course of the last year. 

Edited by Ianrivaldosmith
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

People will always argue to the contrary about this. However it does make one wonder, why not have a stable build and build on that, instead of all these unstable builds with new wonders such as Reno, new aircraft, world updates of cities etc etc etc…. And yes, different teams blah blah, still isn’t an excuse really. 

I mean the trackIR isn’t the first major thing to have been broken and left over the course of the last year. 

Agree.....stabelize.....enhance.... stabelize...enhance...in a good balanced way.....

Edited by mpo910
  • Like 1

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png