Sign in to follow this  
kevinfirth

Should I feel smug?

Reading reports of 32Gb forced updates, TIR being borked, endless complaints about update problems, DX12 poor performance, slide shows, etc...  🤣🤣🤣

• Like 6
  • Upvote 2

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

God Bless P3D. Even if PMDG release NGX for MSFS, I'm staying where I am now until MS fix basic reliability issues. Honestly, I don't think it's going to happen soon. In the meantime I'm patiently awaiting FT EHAM for P3D. 

Enjoy your working, stable sim full of beautiful add-ones, gents

• Like 7
  • Upvote 3

[edited - wrong forum]

Edited by RXP

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

CRJ-900 Hud broken now in that sim. Ill give them one last chance then assume the worst to what's going on. Really hope they can fix it cause its a really beautiful sim in the environment way, 

Edited by 40track

Not for me , SU7 and DX12 running very nicely on my older rig . I was with P3D from day one , XP also and I would never go back to either of them . Just my 2 cents .

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, kevinfirth said:

Reading reports of 32Gb forced updates, TIR being borked, endless complaints about update problems, DX12 poor performance, slide shows, etc...  🤣🤣🤣

I, too, see no reason to change any time soon. My 5.2 is completely stable, my PMDG QOTSII is my favourite, my Orbx and other sceneries are as life like as they need to be for FL30 plus and the graphics are fine. The fact that is is "outdated and a dinosaur" will not make me spend another $60 on a sim that I really don't need.

• Like 1

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

You shouldn’t.

My download and install with Steam was smooth and faultless, I don’t use TIR, and as DX12 being not what the delusional folks thought it would be,  please read this P3D forum back to the time of 5.0. Does the word Vram ring a bell ?

Couldn’t we enjoy our sim of preference without being smug ? The wheel turns you know. When is 5.3 😇 ?  

Edited by Dominique_K
  • Like 4

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

What is the point of this thread? Seriously.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Dominique_K said:

You shouldn’t.

My download and install with Steam was smooth and faultless, I don’t use TIR, and as DX12 being not what the delusional folks thought it would be,  please read this P3D forum back to the time of 5.0. Does the word Vram ring a bell ?

Could we enjoy our sim of preference without being smug ? The wheel turns you know. When is 5.3 😇 ?  

My MSFS download went ok too, haven't had the chance to test the other reported issues at my end yet, but I am glad I have 2 Sims so if ever one gets borked, I can go to the other regardless of its individual faults.

• Like 1

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

12 hours ago, kevinfirth said:

Sorry but this ones going to down the tube quickly as a my sim is better than yours, so we’ll lock it before it picks up steam. Sometimes is better to keep your smugness to yourself rather than bait people into a needless debate or argument.

• Like 7
  • Upvote 6

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator