Sign in to follow this  
JETPETER2

poor frame rates after this update... graphical glitches

Lots of graphical glitches and poor performance. Especially changing between menus or starting flights.  AIG Traffic Contoller appears to be broken for me, ATC is spouting jibberish, saying wrong weather, too many runways, and randomly says an airline in the middle of the readback. Clouds look grainy and pixely and bad. Weather is incorrect,  fog and low clouds are being depicted at Tucson AZ... that one is self explanatory and Portland PDX has broken clouds at ground level which is not correct according to the METAR. should have a celling of 2600 feet with rain.  Weird shudders in flight especially around terminals without AIG TC running. Objects are disappearing at DFW the sky train at Term E is just suspended in mid air and the tracks/pillars disappear and reappear randomly.  LFPG is messed up AGAIN!!  sigh. Asobo LSZH is interfering with FSDT Zurich..so I got to reinstall that. I have weird elevation issues at FB Denver.   This is why you cant just remover the addons from your community folder and put them back, it screws everything up and then you have to re-install anyway.  lights are floating so that's probably a reinstall as well.   I'm going to restart my computer and hope for the best.

If none of it is fixed with restarting, I'm not going to fix it because I know another hotfix will be hot on the heels and ill just have to do it all over again. 

same here frame rates are still holding strong even while on DX12 . 

Image removed as image is no longer available.

I haven't installed this update yet - but in terms of DX12 it is more or less just wrapped in DX12 and not really rewritten to DX12 (otherwise there'd be 2 different versions of the sim, a DX11 version and a DX12 version). The DX11 to DX12 interoperability is notoriously bad on MS's part, so I'm assuming that they didn't wrap everything in DX12. Also realize that with DX12 if you run out of VRAM, then the engine will just quit, in DX11 it relied on the driver to shift things in and out of installed RAM and into or out of VRAM, so Asobo probably had to implement some memory management when using DX12 hampering the performance. I wouldn't count on DX12 immediately increasing the performance, because making a strong but performant memory management system that is no longer controlled by the GPU driver is a little rocky in the start, so Asobo has some work cut out for them if they decide to go forward with DX12.

Perf wasn't great here either.  The F18 takes FOR EVER to load.  I think it's done by Just Flight?  Their Arrow also takes forever to load on my system as well.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

After SU7, I was getting 20FPS on the ground at La Guardia (Overcast weather, DX11, RTX 3080, i9-9900). Turns out it was Bijan's tree mod that was bogging down my system. I removed the mod and I'm now sitting at 60FPS on the ground at LGA. I'm sure Bijan will release a compatibility upgrade very soon.

• Like 1

Pulled from my Twitch stream last night. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xd0Emp2TUzk

Worryingly, my frames are down, I have visual glitches, and my GPU temps are up 10 degrees. And this was a direct comparison, pre and post update, same PC, same ambient temp. Something is not right with this update.

9 hours ago, David Mills said:

Many threads on this forum, and many threads on the Microsoft/Asobo forum, are reporting a loss of FPS when using DX11 and a huge loss of FPS when using DX12.

I lost 7 FPS with no changes internally.  Also, a degraded visual quality.   SU6 was perfect...and now, again back 22 steps...

Edited by Sesquashtoo
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, bondislacker said:

After SU7, I was getting 20FPS on the ground at La Guardia (Overcast weather, DX11, RTX 3080, i9-9900). Turns out it was Bijan's tree mod that was bogging down my system. I removed the mod and I'm now sitting at 60FPS on the ground at LGA. I'm sure Bijan will release a compatibility upgrade very soon.

Very interesting.

did you try the new update?

Seasons update V6.3 released
November 18th, 2021

Edited by Ianrivaldosmith

I only did a short flight after the update. DX11, have not tried DX12. I felt that there was a small hit on FPS after SU7, especially when panning with Track IR. Plus one or two unwelcome pauses/stutters that I have not seen in SU6. The FPS might be because of the new weather tho. There was pretty heavy cloud and a heavy haze where I was flying. Looked good though. So the FPS hits that people are seeing might be weather related.

• Like 2

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

All buggered up...just lovely...lost 7 FPS, and even the avatar's now have pink headsets, and the pilot's pants are also pink...no textures...

SU6 was a perfect sim for me...and this?   Feel like just shutting off the lights and heading over to P3D for awhile.  SU6 was excellent. GOTY?   Won't say any more...

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Sesquashtoo said:

SU6 was a perfect sim for me...and this?   Feel like just shutting off the lights and heading over to P3D for awhile.

😂

I was getting a steady 60 fps.  Now 35 to 40.  Of course it changed all my settings, so I'm trying to get back to where I was, if I can.

Tried DX12 and got stutters for the first time ever.

Roy

1 hour ago, Sesquashtoo said:

I lost 7 FPS with no changes internally.  Also, a degraded visual quality.   SU6 was perfect...and now, again back 22 steps...

Only 22 steps??? 122 If You ask me... 

I have just done a short flight in the Shetland islands, everything working well, live weather working, the graphics were close to real life, well pleased. After updating the sim I would recommend restarting your PC, this cured the screen tearing for me, plus updating the nividia drivers.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Asus Maximus Hero X11, Intel i9 10850k, 32gb Corsair Dominator ram, 2tb Corsair mp510 ssd  m2, Gigybyte turbo RTX 3090

I too have this issue with a checkerboard image at the top 10% or so of the screen when looking around after about 20 minutes or so.  Lost frames too.  Not sure exactly how many as they're all over the place at the minute, possibly 7-10 frames down. 

On occasions it looks great but most of the time there are visual issues of some sort that weren't there before.