Sign in to follow this  
DiscoSweat

UI broken after update

Anyone else having severe UI problems after the update?

Loading in I'm presented with a grey screen with little white artifacts moving across (they look like cars, maybe). Once I do load in, I get blank grey box where the airport information usually is, and my "Fly Now" button is blank as well. Both are unclickable, and I can't fly.

Pressing escape mutes the sound but no pause menu comes up.

Super disappointing, I can't fly. Sim felt like it was in a really good place in SU6.

Following up in case anyone stumbles on this. Probably should've suspected this first, but Mugz UI mod is what broke the sim for me.

Removed that from the community folder and it's fine now.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DiscoSweat said:

Anyone else having severe UI problems after the update?

Loading in I'm presented with a grey screen with little white artifacts moving across (they look like cars, maybe). Once I do load in, I get blank grey box where the airport information usually is, and my "Fly Now" button is blank as well. Both are unclickable, and I can't fly.

Pressing escape mutes the sound but no pause menu comes up.

Super disappointing, I can't fly. Sim felt like it was in a really good place in SU6.

Did you try the old trick, reboot computer after update?

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

I have around half a dozen UI/Toolbar mods. As far as I can make out, all of them cause MSFS to generate an error. If you have Addons Linker, disabling these would be a good place to start.

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png

I recently installed Wingman-FS2020 Modern UI.  I loved it with everything on one screen. Now it's gone.

I still have the weather presets, but the main screen is gone.

Roy

3 hours ago, Roy Warren said:

I recently installed Wingman-FS2020 Modern UI.  I loved it with everything on one screen. Now it's gone.

I still have the weather presets, but the main screen is gone.

Roy

Recently updated. https://flightsim.to/file/22352/ms-fs-2020-modern-ui-2-0

...jim

• Like 2

ASUS Prime Z790-E, Intel i9 13900K, 32Gb DDR5 Ram, Nvidia 3090 24Gb, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500 GB and 1 TB, Samsung Odyssey G9 Ultrawide 49" G-SYNC Monitor.

I am using version 7.0.1 of this mod in MSFS SU12 Beta on Windows 11 Pro and it seems to be working fine for me. This morning, I saw that it was delisted from Flightsim.to. Does anyone know why or if there will be an update?

Marty

I am missing Mugz UI mods for sure.  I used the backspace key to remove the HUD in external view all the time, but it is currently broken.  Mugz has had to repair it a number of times.

Not sure how it gets broken because Asobo don't seem to change anything relating to it, but sometimes it is a small renaming issue with a component.

This is mainly HTML / CSS driven for the UI, and although I am not an expert, I will try to look through Mugz's mod and the Asobo files to see if I can spot what has changed between them.

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

Thread title should be changed to MOD broke my sim instead.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo