Sign in to follow this  
Rene777

Can't launch sim ,only msfs store aftershave su7

Hello simmers,  I updated the aps in the ms store as required.  Now when I launch sim only thing it does is launch the store...

Store also updated itself and has another layout now...

The msfs2020 icon shows a little cloud with arrow,  like I have to download msfs all again...

Anyone have this also ?

Nope, updating was a breeze.
Are you really sure the base is updated in the store?
Whenever there are updates, I first start the Xbox app, then the MS Store app. The Xbox app seems to sometimes trigger the Store to look for updates for MSFS.

If that doesn't help, you could try to reset/restore MSFS before reïnstalling.
Also, if you do reïnstall, if you have a different location for your Official/Community folders you can keep these and point the sim at first start to that location which saves you downloading lots of GB's.

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

35 minutes ago, Rene777 said:

I had to trigger the update manually after MSFS took me to the app.  The button for this is now towards the bottom left of the app (if the app has updated to the new version).

After clicking on the button, I had to press update again roughly top right.  Unfortunately, I accidentally clicked on update all apps, so it did about 8 with MSFS at the end!  :laugh:

After this, I started MSFS once more and it then triggered the big update.  Hope that helps.

• Like 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

11 hours ago, Rene777 said:

Now when I launch sim only thing it does is launch the store...

If the previous advice doesn't solve your issue, this one should. I've posted it several times and used it myself for this issue.

Download the Media Creation Tool by clicking on "Download Tool Now" and follow the instructions the tool gives, making sure to select the option to retain your files and apps. This doesn't wipe Windows or delete anything, it's actually a repair rather than installation tool when used this way. If it works, you should then be able to launch the sim successfully.

• Like 1

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

38 minutes ago, 109Sqn said:

If the previous advice doesn't solve your issue, this one should. I've posted it several times and used it myself for this issue.

Download the Media Creation Tool by clicking on "Download Tool Now" and follow the instructions the tool gives, making sure to select the option to retain your files and apps. This doesn't wipe Windows or delete anything, it's actually a repair rather than installation tool when used this way. If it works, you should then be able to launch the sim successfully.

8 hours ago, AboveAtlantic said:

Hi, are you on Windows 11 or 10?

Thanks for the replies,  I went to :start, settings,  programs and picked " xbox gaming services " then chose: close application now "

Tried to launch sim again and now it did.

Currently downloading su7.

I hate that xbox word not allowed on my pc....

Cheers!

• Like 1

Glad you seem to have got it fixed.

5 hours ago, Rene777 said:

I hate that xbox word not allowed on my pc....

I know, but it's just the name MS use for all their gaming creations, not just for console. They could rename it MSGamingApp and it would still cause us the same trouble!😁

• Like 1

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

18 hours ago, bobcat999 said:

I had to trigger the update manually after MSFS took me to the app.  The button for this is now towards the bottom left of the app (if the app has updated to the new version).

After clicking on the button, I had to press update again roughly top right.  Unfortunately, I accidentally clicked on update all apps, so it did about 8 with MSFS at the end!  :laugh:

After this, I started MSFS once more and it then triggered the big update.  Hope that helps.

Steam users love the MS store ‘cause its users have always a good story to tell 😇

• Like 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam