Sign in to follow this  
guenseli

Disappointed by Digital Design quality in MSFS

1 minute ago, Bdub22 said:

You seem strangely obsessed with hangar 7.

Maybe you should inform yourself a bit about Hangar 7, its content, its contribution to aviation.

I compare it a little bit with Duxford, where you also want to see a good rendition of its airshow and not just a tiny province airport. LOWS without Hangar 7 would be a completely uninteresting and nearly unknown airfield.

If that sounds strange to you from 6000 miles away, I can understand this!

• Like 2

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5 hours ago, Reader said:

In my world, one's own opinion is of more value that that of someone else, of whom
one knows nothing

Not sure you can style the pointlessness of the hill you’ve chosen to die on out with such officious language choices😄

Edit: or should I say the hill on which you’ve chosen to die…?

Edited by scotchegg
  • Like 2

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

3 hours ago, Wolkenschreck said:

Guenter,

I have to say that your thread surprises me a bit. First of all: We have an official support forum which you can find here:
http://forum.simrussia.com/index.php?/forum/199-english-speaking-community/

Are you posting as an official company representative (commercial member)...it surely sounds like it?

• Like 1

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

7 hours ago, scotchegg said:

Not sure you can style the pointlessness of the hill you’ve chosen to die on out with such officious language choices😄

Edit: or should I say the hill on which you’ve chosen to die…?

It dos not matter now, the developers have been made aware and have answered the OP.
For the record, I do prefer to be presented with facts and then to form my own opinion.

Edited by Reader

18 hours ago, Jeff Nielsen said:

EDDP.  I thought it was in the P3D version.

Soon 🙂

hnifJc6.jpg

• Like 2

Best,
Christoph

Display resolution: 1920x1080 (8xSSAA)    GPU: 1080TI     CPU: i7-7700K (5.0 OC)    RAM: 16GB     SSD: Samsung 850Evo     Monitor: 27K

FSBetaTesters3.png

17 hours ago, guenseli said:

Hello @Wolkenschreck

thanks for your answer and let me apologize that I haven't had indeed no knowledge of your support forum. Was not able to find it via Google.

However, my statement remains, because LOWS is released now exactly since one year ago and there was not one update for it. The double windsock is not easy to overseen ...

And I have not said you have to completely model the HANGAR 7 with its interior. Just like to have a bit more modern materials, higher resolution etc. simply to bring it on par with the modern grafics engine of MSFS. This is nothing I would call 2020/2021:

And regarding your screenshot of the texture tiles: from your angle I also do not have these tiles! But on every angle below.

And yes, photogrammetry is on.

The one screenshot I made close up of the apron is not about the lights, it is to show you the big, unrealistic bump in tarmac, left and right of the runway. Also a thing, which could be avoided with a bit of quality control before.

Regarding EDDP: yes, you are right, at the point of the installation of your EDDP scenery I indeed had photogrammetry disabled coincidentally. I checked again and the satellite errors are gone. However I do also not understand how could this be overseen before release and why have you not edited the satelite images?

So, I have vented my frustration now and I'm glad to get a response here. I was just a bit frustrated as I expected some updates with LOWS since a long time now. And then I got EDDP and had discovered the ugly satellite images and was completely frustrated and angry. Take my apologize if it was maybe to harsh!

There is a bit of bitter taste left, unfortunately, as I still have the opinion, that the quality and diligence of Digital Design was better before MSFS. But I hope, that with this little discussion here things move forward and will improve.

So, thanks again for coming back to me!

p.s. if you consider now to make an update finally of LOWS, make just one parking spot at Hangar 7, please 😉

Gunter,

Never mind. You raised some valid points and as a customer you can expect that the products work. Therefore, I can absolutely understand that we all need to voice our frustration from time to time and we can stand it.🙂

Regarding LOWS, I have some good news for you: I showed this thread to Evgeny and he agrees that Hangar 7 needs some update. We put this on our list. But as I already said, he had to make priorities and for the current version was the effort put on the PBR features and the additional landmarks that are relevant for the approach.

But I have to respectfully disagree with you about the elevation bumps and, to some extent, about your teasing about our quality control. Are the products perfect? Not at all, as we just have seen with Hangar 7. But we really try out best. With the undulating terrain in MSFS we as a community have seen a new tendency to overdo the slopes. Some developers will present you a roller-coaster ride as runway and call it a day. Evgeny tries to find a realistic balance here and I would say that he succeeded with this at LOWS. For the new Leipzig, to name another example, Evgeny showed me, with a lot of proud, how the runway now follows the MSFS terrain. You know what happend? I showed him cockpit videos were one could clearly see that the runway does not have such pronounced differences and he, consequently, changed all the work. Thus, we really try put a lot of effort in such small details that help to capture the atmosphere of an airport. And believe me when I say that the biggest critic of the products is Evgeny himself. He is never happy with the modeling and at some point I just have to stop him. 

However, something is still not working with your ortho. Believe that I do not try to trick you with a angle. I once again made a screenshot of exactly the same position. That was also something Evgeny instantly noticed when I discussed your issues with him. Regarding your criticism, if think everything is said and we can agree to disagree. And frankly speaking does it make me a bit sad that you still imply that I try to trick you with my screenshot.. But I really want to get the scenery properly working for you. Hence, feel free to visit our forum or write an email.

iWaB0To.jpg

Best,
Christoph

Display resolution: 1920x1080 (8xSSAA)    GPU: 1080TI     CPU: i7-7700K (5.0 OC)    RAM: 16GB     SSD: Samsung 850Evo     Monitor: 27K

FSBetaTesters3.png

15 hours ago, somiller said:

Are you posting as an official company representative (commercial member)...it surely sounds like it?

Steven,

Good question. And I should have been more transparent about this. Sorry.

The man behind DigitalDesign is Evgeny (registered here as the user "Digital"). However, his native language is Russian and he is very good at reading in English. But for the writing, some help is always appreciated by him. That is where I do help him, as he is a personal friend of mine.

For DD, I do also the beta testing / quality control, English-speaking support, and I help Evgeny with the research of reference materials and pictures. Moreover, the AFCADs for P3D and the SODE-VDGS configurations are done by me. However, I do not get any paycheck from DD. I just do this for my friend as a favor. Disclaimer: I get the scenery of course for free. 

Thus, I do sincerely not know if a Commercial tag is already required? But of course you can add the tag, as other users deserve full transparency about my function/involvement with the company. 

Edited by Wolkenschreck
  • Like 6

Best,
Christoph

FSBetaTesters3.png

I think DDs products are fine, better than e.g. JustSim and they cost a bit less (much less if you already own the P3D version, like I do). Except for FlyTampa and Flightbeam I'd consider them up there with the good, quality ones.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Wolkenschreck said:

Steven,

Good question. And I should have been more transparent about this. Sorry.

The man behind DigitalDesign is Evgeny (registered here as the user "Digital"). However, his native language is Russian and he is very good at reading in English. But for the writing, some help is always appreciated by him. That is where I do help him, as he is a personal friend of mine.

For DD, I do also the beta testing / quality control, English-speaking support, and I help Evgeny with the research of reference materials and pictures. Moreover, the AFCADs for P3D and the SODE-VDGS configurations are done by me. However, I do not get any paycheck from DD. I just do this for my friend as a favor. Disclaimer: I get the scenery of course for free. 

Thus, I do sincerely not know if a Commercial tag is already required? But of course you can add the tag, as other users deserve full transparency about my function/involvement with the company. 

Fair enough! It is helpful to have representation for DD that can address user issues, so I'm glad you are here contributing.

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

15 hours ago, Wolkenschreck said:

Regarding LOWS, I have some good news for you: I showed this thread to Evgeny and he agrees that Hangar 7 needs some update. We put this on our list.

thanks for getting back to me. And this are indeed good news one year after release.

15 hours ago, Wolkenschreck said:

With the undulating terrain in MSFS we as a community have seen a new tendency to overdo the slopes. Some developers will present you a roller-coaster ride as runway and call it a day.

Sorry, you have not understood me at this point. I do not talk about the lope of the runway itself, that is ok.
I talk about unrealistic bumps if you taxi onto and off the runway, because the runway is half an meter higher then the taxiway and the height difference changes to abrupt. Would be also easy to spot. Not the biggest issue, but it was just an example why such things get overseen.

About the tiling: I do not say you want to trick me!

But again, your screenshot is too high! Here is an example, in the second picture I just move down a tad and the tiling appear. But obvisiously you do not have this error, even at lower levels as you surely know the scenery and this is sth which couldn't be overseen during landing at taxi.

NLi2ZOQ.jpg

PLBWA9b.jpg

This is now just an answer to your post to complete and end the discussion here and again, I'm happy that you got back to me and we could indeed clarify some things and development will now resume at LOWS!

Could you please contact me via PM if you have further questions regarding the tiling or the bumps etc.?!

many thanks!

This is now just

Guenter Steiner

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester

On 11/19/2021 at 4:56 PM, Reader said:

The essence of a discussion is that different points of view can be put forward.
Disagreements are permitted in a normal discussion.
Personal attacks serve no useful purpose.

OK Facebook fnboy - what was the point of you even posting in this thread?

Just trolling around?

Edited by B1900
  • Like 1

http://www.ruscool.co.nzBanner_MJC5.png05_10_2012_14_25_54_C-GLXV_New_Paint_Apr

P3D 4.5:), X-Plane 11.55:(, MSFS 2020:), MJC Q400, Saab 340A, CRJ550, B1900, X-Crafts ERJ/EMB; Win 10x64, 32GB Ram, Samsung drives, RTX 3070 GPU, 5.3 Ghz Intel 1200. Turboprops and RJ's only.

21 minutes ago, Reader said:

Personal attacks serve no useful purpose.

I do not agree with your line ouf thought about exposing flaws here but mean comments are way out of line indeed.

Edited by Dominique_K

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Just looking at the two screenshots of the  runway - developer shot versus Guenseli - the former is clearly using different textures for the grass as the grass is a lot greener in the developer pics.

CJ

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1