Sign in to follow this  
guenseli

Disappointed by Digital Design quality in MSFS

"Wolkenschreck" contacted me via PM as I asked him, so that we could solve issues then, what already happened.

For the textures: I reinstalled LOWS and indeed I had then other textures (don't know why), however with snow cover, the tiles have appeared again, now. For other issues and improvements of the scenery, there will follow a patch, he promised.

However, as I wrote above:

from my point of view, this discussion here is over and I do not understand, why this old thread was reactivated today?

EDIT: checked again and no tiles with snow cover, everything ok

Edited by guenseli
  • Like 2

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My biggest disappointment recently with DD, aside from the poor performance over parts of the Chicago scenery, is that their Washington DC scenery was deliberately dumbed down with the calculated removal of Reagan National Airport (KDCA). In the P3D version, Reagan National was part of DD's Washington DC package. The scenery was truly gorgeous. Now, with the MSFS version, Reagan National has been yanked back out and is being sold separately for an additional fee. The same scenery now costs you twice as much. The result is that the initial impression one gets of the DC scenery -- leaving from Reagan National Airport directly across the Potomac River -- is quite unimpressive and barebones. Only the default MSFS KDCA remains. Because the P3D version had Reagan National beautifully modeled, the first impression of DD Washington was extremely positive. Now it's not.

Let me also observe, far more generally, that this forum seems quite intolerant recently of any unfavorable feedback about anything at all. I sometimes wonder whether I'm among the very few members of this forum who are not covertly shilling for software vendors. Even with the recent SU7 update, I merely posted my before-and-after FPS readouts using DX12, along with a YouTube video demonstrating, without comment, the same numbers. Well, you would have thought that I committed some horrible crime. My numerical feedback was "not appropriate." According to some on this forum, no negative feedback is permissible -- even though factually and diplomatically presented -- unless the feedback is presented on vendor-pre-approved websites in ways pre-approved by the vendor.

• Upvote 1

Processor: Intel i9-13900KF 5.8GHz 24-Core, Graphics Processor: Nvidia RTX 4090 24GB GDDR6, System Memory: 64GB High Performance DDR5 SDRAM 5600MHz, Operating System: Windows 11 Home Edition, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, LGA 1700, CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling, RGB and LCD Display, Chassis Fans: Corsair Low Decibel, Addressable RGB Fans, Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Fully Modular Ultra-Low-Noise Platinum ATX 1000 Watt, Primary Storage: 2TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, Secondary Storage: 1TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, VR Headset: Meta Quest 2, Primary Display: SONY 4K Bravia 75-inch, 2nd Display: SONY 4K Bravia 43-inch, 3rd Display: Vizio 28-inch, 1920x1080. Controller: Xbox Controller attached to PC via USB.

On 11/19/2021 at 7:02 PM, Reader said:

Once again, the more constructive path would be to approach the developer, ask for the perceived errors to be addressed, then the opinion might well change from poor to good.

For that to be possible the complainant would need to have a Facebook account. Many people choose not to have one for personal reasons.

If the developer chooses to limit access for customer feedback that’s the risk he takes. At the very least the software should include a readme with a support email address.

• Like 6

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

22 minutes ago, David Mills said:

My biggest disappointment recently with DD, aside from the poor performance over parts of the Chicago scenery,

You’re thinking of Drzewiecki Design (Polish), not Digital Designs (Russian).

• Like 1

Yes. You are exactly right. My post was poorly worded.

Processor: Intel i9-13900KF 5.8GHz 24-Core, Graphics Processor: Nvidia RTX 4090 24GB GDDR6, System Memory: 64GB High Performance DDR5 SDRAM 5600MHz, Operating System: Windows 11 Home Edition, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, LGA 1700, CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling, RGB and LCD Display, Chassis Fans: Corsair Low Decibel, Addressable RGB Fans, Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Fully Modular Ultra-Low-Noise Platinum ATX 1000 Watt, Primary Storage: 2TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, Secondary Storage: 1TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, VR Headset: Meta Quest 2, Primary Display: SONY 4K Bravia 75-inch, 2nd Display: SONY 4K Bravia 43-inch, 3rd Display: Vizio 28-inch, 1920x1080. Controller: Xbox Controller attached to PC via USB.

2 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

If the developer chooses to limit access for customer feedback that’s the risk he takes.

Presumably that's why the developer's representative wrote this into this very topic.

Hopefully, there are not also those who for personal reasons, decline to log in to forums, or support wil indeed be difficult.
It seems that in your forums, to disagree on a subject and then be in a minority in the subsequent discussion is to attract personal comments which go unchecked.

Edited by Reader

On 11/20/2021 at 6:51 PM, Wolkenschreck said:

Regarding LOWS, I have some good news for you: I showed this thread to Evgeny and he agrees that Hangar 7 needs some update. We put this on our list.

Any news since last year about any love for LOWS?

Guenter Steiner

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester

On 11/19/2021 at 11:03 AM, Reader said:

If one can stand the heat here, then a specific facebook page should not be a challenge.
It's a place where the developer can be spoken with, it's not Reddit where there is a free for all.

Well I was one of the first ones on FCB and one of the first ones to leave for obvious reasons...

It's not a professional approach to only offer FCB and so out date to use that medium, so many more customer friendly options to interact with customers.

As for Digital Design and Justsim are on my personal to avoid purchase list anyway.

Edited by awf
  • Like 1

André

On 11/19/2021 at 10:33 AM, Reader said:

What is the motive behind posting here,

...to inform others of the subjective value of a product. It's called a REVIEW.

1 hour ago, Ricardo41 said:

...to inform others of the subjective value of a product. It's called a REVIEW.

Thankfully, I am still alive to read your response to a post that I made in November 2021.

• Like 3