Sign in to follow this  
Rudiii

Abrupt Weather Changes?

7 hours ago, AnkH said:

It's really jarring and I'm still surprised at how little discussion there is outside of Avsim and that one MSFS Forum thread.

I wouldn't say that - there are already a lot of posts about this in the MSFS forum !!!

7 hours ago, AnkH said:

Because of the majority not using live weather?

I wouldn't say that either, a lot of people do and a lot of people I know personally are very disappointed by this "16-year step backwards", to put it that way.

6 hours ago, Rudiii said:

The loudest voices for METAR in live weather are those who go as far as to use VATSIM for realism so I'm not entirely convinced by this. I think it's the other way around where "serious simmers" will put up with totally breaking one part of the immersion in order to support another, ie worse weather for better Vatsim.

I have already written this elsewhere - as a "serious simmer" I have moved to MSFS, among other things, because of the weather engine (however stupid that may sound) - of course also with restrictions - we don't need to talk about that now!
But if I already fly with VATSIM - and have a fully configured P3D, XP11 or whatever - why do I go to MSFS and complain about the lack of system depth, the lack of METAR data etc.? if I already have the look I want anyway, with P3D or FSX or XP11 - why do I spoil the experience for the rest of the community (a bit stupid now, this is not everyone's approach of course), "because MSFS is not a SIM anyway and has no system depth, so what am I looking for there" ? (I know a bit harshly said, but I'm just wondering)

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D , watercooled, GeForce RTX 4090, RAM 64GB Kingston Fury 6000Mhz , Fractal Design 7 XL, MSI X670 Carbon, all SSD

Last night I flew the CRJ from LFBD to LFPO. I had 3 or 4 serious wind shifts. Just like there was originally in FSX.

First time I have seen this in SU7 but I only have about 6 total flights since the update.

I hope this is not going to be a continued consequence of the weather changes they implemented.

• Like 1

Michael M

System: AMD 7800X3D II Asus X670E Hero MB II 32GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 II RTX4090 II 2TB NVMe Samsung 980 Pro II  EKWB  CR360 AIO II Dell Alienware - AW3821DW 3840 X 1600 G-Sync Ultimate