Sign in to follow this  
Guest rich1241

Overland Wingviews

Guest rich1241

Hi,I have just bought the Overland packages for both the Boeing and Airbus models. I love them both, they really are excellent.Could somebody tell me where I can find wingviews for the models?I am looking for the text that you copy into views, so they can be used when using the 2d panel only (no vc).BTW, I am obviously using FSX.Many thanks for any help,Richard.

In FSX, if there's no VC, then there's also no "wings" to be seen either......also, no static 2d bitmaps for side and rear views either.For FSX, if there aren't any 2d bitmaps already included, I think you're SOL... :-roll

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

>In FSX, if there's no VC, then there's also no "wings" to be>seen either...>>...also, no static 2d bitmaps for side and rear views either.>>For FSX, if there aren't any 2d bitmaps already included, I>think you're SOL... :-roll Wrong! FSX works the same as DBS Walk & Follow using the external spot view model, so you can get wing views in any aircraft model. To get them you use the left or right hand window view in the aircraft view category! It defaults to a external view outside the aircraft but can be adjusted using the Cntrl,Shift or Cntrl-Shift -Enter or Backspace keys. Or you can do what I did, and modify the cameras.cfg file to default to inside the aircraft. The only downside is like W&F since it uses the external camera for this view, you also get the external sounds, rather than the muffled sound you would get from inside the aircraft.[CameraDefinition.012]Title = "Right Side Window"Guid = {54F54B8A-3EC2-2D4E-8D10-B8F9D0F16ACC}Description = View of the right wing from the passenger cabinOrigin = CenterSnapPbhAdjust = SwivelSnapPbhReturn = FALSEPanPbhAdjust = SwivelPanPbhReturn = FALSETrack = NoneShowAxis = FALSEAllowZoom = TRUEInitialZoom = 1.0ShowWeather = YesInitialXyz = 0, 0.75, 0InitialPbh = 0, 0, 95XyzAdjust = TRUECategory=AircraftMomentumEffect=YesPitchPanRate=30HeadingPanRate=75PanAcceleratorTime=0ClipMode=Minimum[CameraDefinition.013]Title = "Left Side Window"Guid = {0ae3f864-da10-4e5a-977c-b9bba47d6f7a}Description = View of the left wing from the passenger cabinOrigin = CenterSnapPbhAdjust = SwivelSnapPbhReturn = FALSEPanPbhAdjust = SwivelPanPbhReturn = FALSETrack = NoneShowAxis = FALSEAllowZoom = TRUEInitialZoom = 1.0ShowWeather = YesInitialXyz = -0, 0.75, 7InitialPbh = 0, 0, 265XyzAdjust = TRUECategory=AircraftMomentumEffect=YesPitchPanRate=30HeadingPanRate=75PanAcceleratorTime=0ClipMode=Minimum

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Guest jshyluk

The Overland "Fly Into The Sky" package with the Boeing & Airbus disks for FS9 was my very first review for Avsim! What beautiful textures and models those planes have. I looked through my notes regarding my review, and I couldn't find anything about wingviews, which means either they didn't exist at the time (or still don't exist), or else I missed it in my notes and in my review. Interestingly, this is the second time this topic has come up for me in the period of a month.Anyway, I don't have any advice regarding Fly Into The Sky! and FSX, except that I believe that either Overland is working on an FSX patch or else there is one for all or some of the planes. My best advice for anyone who is interested in wingviews with the Overland products is to e-mail them at:support@overland.co.jp They are helpful and most willing to answer any questions you may have regarding their product.Jeff ShylukAvsim Product Reviewer

>The Overland "Fly Into The Sky" package with the Boeing &>Airbus disks for FS9 was my very first review for Avsim! What>beautiful textures and models those planes have. >>I looked through my notes regarding my review, and I couldn't>find anything about wingviews, which means either they didn't>exist at the time (or still don't exist), or else I missed it>in my notes and in my review. Interestingly, this is the>second time this topic has come up for me in the period of a>month.>>Anyway, I don't have any advice regarding Fly Into The Sky!>and FSX, except that I believe that either Overland is working>on an FSX patch or else there is one for all or some of the>planes. My best advice for anyone who is interested in>wingviews with the Overland products is to e-mail them at:>>support@overland.co.jp >>They are helpful and most willing to answer any questions you>may have regarding their product.>>Jeff Shyluk>Avsim Product ReviewerThe above config settings work for the Overland models also! (As all aircraft.) I use them all the time. Most of my videos over at youtube.com (Just search tf51d) use the Overland models in FSX, and many are wing view.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

The wing and engine views are now attained in FSX through the settings in the camera views. In addition to the views FSX enables the use of hot keys for easy access. Here are my Overland A320 camera views with hot keys 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9 added. The views are altered slightly for the A321 and A319. At the moment I am not using the Overland planes in FSX because of slight panel anomalies that need to be fixed to work in FSX. LeeAdd the following to your aircraft.cfg:[CameraDefinition.0]Title = "Right Side Window"Guid = {54F54B8A-3EC2-2D4E-8D10-B8F9D0F16ACC}Description = View of the right wing from the passenger cabinOrigin = CenterSnapPbhAdjust = SwivelSnapPbhReturn = FALSEPanPbhAdjust = SwivelPanPbhReturn = FALSETrack = NoneShowAxis = FALSEAllowZoom = TRUEInitialZoom = 1.0ShowWeather = YesInitialXyz = 1.0, 0.0, 0InitialPbh = 5, 0, 100XyzAdjust = TRUECategory=AircraftMomentumEffect=TRUEClipMode=MinimumHotKeySelect=8[CameraDefinition.1]Title = "Left Side Window"Guid = {0ae3f864-da10-4e5a-977c-b9bba47d6f7a}Description = View of the left wing from the passenger cabinOrigin = CenterSnapPbhAdjust = SwivelSnapPbhReturn = FALSEPanPbhAdjust = SwivelPanPbhReturn = FALSETrack = NoneShowAxis = FALSEAllowZoom = TRUEInitialZoom = 1.0ShowWeather = YesInitialXyz = -1.0, 0.0, 0InitialPbh = 5, 0, 260XyzAdjust = TRUECategory=AircraftMomentumEffect=TRUEClipMode=MinimumHotKeySelect=7[CameraDefinition.2]Title = "Landing Gear"Guid = {96873AAD-621B-4C45-8A58-DEF7B7FCB051}Description = Right rear pax view first classOrigin = CenterSnapPbhAdjust = SwivelSnapPbhReturn = FALSEPanPbhAdjust = SwivelPanPbhReturn = FALSETrack = NoneShowAxis = FALSEAllowZoom = TRUEInitialZoom = 1.0ShowWeather = YesInitialXyz = 0.5, 0.5, 13.5InitialPbh = 14.0, 0, 131XyzAdjust = TRUECategory=AircraftMomentumEffect=TRUEClipMode=MinimumHotKeySelect=6[CameraDefinition.3]Title = "Tail"Guid = {5c1df273-034b-4e7f-953a-9d5e26f1646c}Description = Right Rear Cockpit ViewOrigin = CenterSnapPbhAdjust = SwivelSnapPbhReturn = FALSEPanPbhAdjust = SwivelPanPbhReturn = FALSETrack = NoneShowAxis = FALSEAllowZoom = TRUEInitialZoom = .80ShowWeather = YesInitialXyz = 33.8, 2.0, 0.0InitialPbh = 6, 0, 280XyzAdjust = TRUECategory=AircraftMomentumEffect=TRUEClipMode=MinimumHotKeySelect=0[CameraDefinition.4]Title = "Right Wing"Guid = {C690EAFD-223A-42d0-99E0-681ADF93BB59}Description = Left rear cockpit viewOrigin = CenterSnapPbhAdjust = SwivelSnapPbhReturn = FALSEPanPbhAdjust = SwivelPanPbhReturn = FALSETrack = NoneShowAxis = FALSEAllowZoom = TRUEInitialZoom = .80ShowWeather = YesInitialXyz = -33.8, 2.0, 0.0InitialPbh = 6, 0, 80XyzAdjust = TRUECategory=AircraftMomentumEffect = FALSEClipMode=MinimumHotKeySelect=9[CameraDefinition.5]Title = "Left Wing"Guid = {f25dfa2e-fd2e-4b89-81e2-0575cbcb60de}Description = Left rear pax view first classOrigin = CenterSnapPbhAdjust = SwivelSnapPbhReturn = FALSEPanPbhAdjust = SwivelPanPbhReturn = FALSETrack = NoneShowAxis = FALSEAllowZoom = TRUEInitialZoom = 1.0ShowWeather = YesInitialXyz = -0.5, 0.5, 13.5InitialPbh = 14.0, 0, 227XyzAdjust = TRUECategory=AircraftMomentumEffect = NoClipMode=MinimumHotKeySelect=5[CameraDefinition.001]Title = "Right Seat"Guid = {8ff6c134-098d-409f-baec-caba3f683f98}Origin = Virtual CockpitMomentumEffect = YESSnapPbhAdjust = SwivelSnapPbhReturn = FalsePanPbhAdjust = SwivelPanPbhReturn = FalseTrack = NoneShowAxis = YESAllowZoom = TRUEInitialZoom = 1.0SmoothZoomTime = 2.0ZoomPanScalar = 1.0ShowWeather = YesXyzAdjust = TRUEShowLensFlare=FALSECategory = CockpitPitchPanRate=20HeadingPanRate=60InitialXyz=1.35, 0.0, 0.0InitialPbh=2, 0, 0[CameraDefinition.002]Title = "Center Console"Guid = {195EAB58-9E4A-2E2A-A34C-A8D9D948F078}Origin = Virtual CockpitMomentumEffect = NoSnapPbhAdjust = NoneSnapPbhReturn = FalsePanPbhAdjust = NonePanPbhReturn = FalseTrack = NoneShowAxis = FALSEAllowZoom = TRUEInitialZoom = 0.9SmoothZoomTime = 2.0ZoomPanScalar = 1.0ShowWeather = YesXyzAdjust = TRUEShowLensFlare=FALSECategory = CockpitPitchPanRate=20HeadingPanRate=60InitialXyz=0.65, 0.50, -0.2InitialPbh=70, 0, 0[CameraDefinition.003]Title = "Overhead Panel"Guid = {4ca337db-ae88-4c5f-96ea-ddebbd2a86fe}Origin = Virtual CockpitMomentumEffect = NoSnapPbhAdjust = NoneSnapPbhReturn = FalsePanPbhAdjust = NonePanPbhReturn = FalseTrack = NoneShowAxis = FALSEAllowZoom = TRUEInitialZoom = 0.8SmoothZoomTime = 2.0ZoomPanScalar = 1.0ShowWeather = YesXyzAdjust = TRUEShowLensFlare=FALSECategory = CockpitPitchPanRate=20HeadingPanRate=60InitialXyz=0.7, -0.58, -0.31InitialPbh=-58.0, 0, 0

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

Guest rich1241

Thanks very much for your help, that's great.Is it possible though to have internal sounds instead of external, with those views?

I'm not sure how the sound works, I think you get the outside sound in those views. There's a nice tutorial here in the library on converting Overland planes for FSX, I'm not sure who wrote it, but you might search under Overland and see if you can find it.Lee

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

Guest rich1241

Yes I know the file name is otw_sms_fsx_v2.zip and it is very good - by Dave Nunez. It doesn't mention anything about wingviews or sound though.PS - One other problem my 747's all are very 'bouncy' when braking and the front sinks into the ground - any ideas?

> Wrong!Be careful before telling him he is wrong. He is the "grandmaster" of the sdk ;) Although you seem to have a good point.

>> Wrong!>>Be careful before telling him he is wrong. He is the>"grandmaster" of the sdk ;) Although you seem to have a good>point.Your right! I didn't mean to sound so abrupt, Sorry Bill!!!

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

>>> Wrong!>>>>Be careful before telling him he is wrong. He is the>>"grandmaster" of the sdk ;) Although you seem to have a good>>point.>>Your right! I didn't mean to sound so abrupt, Sorry Bill!!!Tom, no worries! I'm not always right! :) I've lost count of the number of times I've been incorrect, or at least somewhat confused... *:-* One of the nice "features" of FSX for example, is that you can easily modify the model.cfg file in any FS9 model to "add" the single "exterior" .mdl as a stand in for the "interior" model. It's likely to be ugly, but at least it's there... For example, suppose you have a CJ3 model from FS9 that only has an exterior model:[models]normal=CJ3interior=CJ3

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest abulaafia

Any problems when you installed them from scratch in FSX? I am torn between buying the version out now or waiting for their FSX models, I emailed a few times but they don't have a release date for the new version. Even worse, the last two emails this year went unanswered.

>Any problems when you installed them from scratch in FSX? I>am torn between buying the version out now or waiting for>their FSX models, I emailed a few times but they don't have a>release date for the new version. Even worse, the last two>emails this year went unanswered. The main issue with the Overlands and any FS9 aircraft with VC's is in the Panel.cfg file FSX doesn't like negative numbers is the XY coodinates for placement of gauges, at least in the VC section! So for example if an entry looked like thisgauge00=PAPA320_W!Primary Flight Display, 0,-3,249,261You would change it to thisgauge00=PAPA320_W!Primary Flight Display, 0,0,249,261Of course this doesn't allow completely accurate placement, but it's close. The other changes are outlined in the conversion instructions in the above posted link! FWIW I have both the Airbus, and Boeing packages, and am very happy with the way they fly in FSX! If you saw my video's all but the airshow one, all used the Overland models, both Boeing and Airbus. I only wished they included a 757 than it would be complete. The CS one is unusable in FSX, and the Posky is not as detailed and the EFIS gauge doesn't display, leaving a whole in the cockpit.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!