Sign in to follow this  
Carts85

Zurich by Gaya - Expecting better

Before people say it, yes it’s great that’s it’s free but I was ready to pay for this one and I think others were…They hinted that this was going to be better than FS Dreamteam it just isn’t. The night lighting on the main terminal is none existent basically and the interior is poor. It’s a bit frustrating when you know how capable they are but with these WU free airports it’s a bit of a half ar.ed approach.

Edited by Carts85
  • Like 2

But now we have a choice. I suspect an awful lot of people are going to be satisfied with the free one, but if not..... There's an alternative,

• Like 2

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Yes, it is not even close to the FSDT rendition. Also the "AFCAD" is total rubbish compared to the FSDT version, where with AIG beta, at least some heavy tubeliners are placed on terminal E, with the Gaya rendition, this terminal remains empty...

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

15 minutes ago, HiFlyer said:

There's an alternative,

And that alternative is even very reasonably priced.

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

32 minutes ago, AnkH said:

Yes, it is not even close to the FSDT rendition. Also the "AFCAD" is total rubbish compared to the FSDT version, where with AIG beta, at least some heavy tubeliners are placed on terminal E, with the Gaya rendition, this terminal remains empty...

This is the thing, for free I’m not moaning but Gaya have took the money from MSFS an delivered a half done product. Annoying from a developer that delivers on there ‘payware’ products. I just feel like do it as good as you can or done bother but that’s just me.

Maybe that's the reason why they had removed the screenshots. I was actually waiting for this one before it was annouced to be free and didn't buy the FSDT Version. Now, I think I will still stick with the free version, still it's good enough too "feel the airport" and you can use it for online flying since all the ground marking are available. I just have bad performance on my highend rig, even without DX12, that's a bit dissapointing.

I'm very happy with it. Loads better than what was there previously and i use that airport  A LOT. If i was paying for it as an addon then i would nitpick but frankly for me unless the upgrade broke something .. an upgrade is an upgrade especially when it was unexpected.

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

I am honored that my Zurich (Fsdreamteam) is still being appreciated in 2021 considering I modeled it in 2005-07, 14 years ago! Sure I converted texture to PBR but the modeling is the original one! Thanks again guys!

Alessandro Cucinotta.

Edited by Alex.C
  • Like 9

2 minutes ago, Alex.C said:

I am honored that my Zurich (Fsdreamteam) is still being appreciated in 2021 considering I modeled it in 2007, 14 years ago! Sure I converted texture to PBR but the modeling is the original one! Thanks again guys!

Alessandro Cucinotta.

I used it in P3D and bought it again for MSFS. It’s great work. Well done. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

It's free. Stop complaining. 

Thank god Ricardo is here with all that wisdom and logic, well said Ricardo… Post of the year that one.

Maybe am not getting my point across, If there going to deliver subpar airports, why not bother continuing them at the standard we know they can do an make them payware.

it’s like well MSFS are paying us anyway regardless of sales so we can just not work as hard on it.

It’s free I know… But it drives down the quality, say we didn’t have FS Dreateams version, they may not have bothered at all now because of a subpar version that will ultimately kill sales.

Edited by Carts85

8 minutes ago, Alex.C said:

I am honored that my Zurich (Fsdreamteam) is still being appreciated in 2021 considering I modeled it in 2005-07, 14 years ago! Sure I converted texture to PBR but the modeling is the original one! Thanks again guys!

Alessandro Cucinotta.

Yep still very nice work.. An it looks I will be buying it and deleting Gaya’s. I was holding out as I was expecting a real battle between the two but it’s really men vs boys on this one.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Carts85 said:

People are missing the point… If there going to deliver subpar airports, why not bother continuing them at the standard we know they can do an make them payware.

it’s like well MSFS are paying us anyway regardless of sales so we can just not work as hard on it.

It’s free I know… But it drives down the quality, say we didn’t have FS Dreateams version, they may not have bothered at all now because of a subpar version that will ultimately kill sales.

its just the way asobo is i think, as long as it does 50% of what it says on the box it will do, 

I think we're kind of trying to have it both ways here. If they give it away as freeware at a freeware level of quality or slightly above, we complain. If they try to sell it as payware, we will also complain (about various minutiae) and to top it off will doubly complain that they're stealing business from our favorite third parties.....

• Like 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5