Sign in to follow this  
Carts85

Zurich by Gaya - Expecting better

33 minutes ago, HiFlyer said:

I think we're kind of trying to have it both ways here. If they give it away as freeware at a freeware level of quality or slightly above, we complain. If they try to sell it as payware, we will also complain (about various minutiae) and to top it off will doubly complain that they're stealing business from our favorite third parties.....

That’s a very generalised point of view on it and it’s just not accurate in this case. Gaya are easily one of the top scenery developers right now in MSFS period, as complaints go for payware I don’t think they receive many. What were talking about is a clear watered down version of what could of been a great scenery.

let’s get something clear, this isn’t freeware, they are a paid partner for MSFS, they are am sure paid well, the difference now is we as the consumer doesnt matter, why because there not judged on sales but rather deadlines from MS, which ultimately is pushing down the quality of what they can deliver.
This is coming from someone who is a fan of there work, well, atleast the work that’s upto their best work not these updates.

Edited by Carts85

25 minutes ago, Carts85 said:

let’s get something clear, this isn’t freeware, they are a paid partner for MSFS, they are an sure paid well,

To me, a difference that makes no difference..... makes no difference.

Nothing comes from our pockets for this addon.

Not the extra photogrammetry, or the extra free planes, or for the extra liveries. (wanted or not)

Nor the bush trips, or the missions, or the landing challenges... (the list goes on)

Now..... If we wish to turn up our noses at this stuff, that's an individual choice, but I actually took a look around Zurich, and while I could be mistaken, I know of no other sim on the planet that has ever matched Asobo's generosity of consistently giving away stuff of this quality. (Including full airport interiors!)

One would almost think we were pining somehow for the nondescript squares and rectangles such an airport would be in our legacy sims.

CvM978.png

jIfZd9.png

wabjDX.png

u9HhyO.png

4H4nqn.png

Edited by HiFlyer
  • Like 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

I still dont get what the issue is here.

Just because MS is paying them doesn't mean that they are obligated to provide their outmost best level of work. They are contracted to provide a certain level at a certain cost with deadlines attached per their contractual obligations. After that it is INDEED FREE for the end user paid for by MS.

You can .. but i highly recommend against equating the situation above versus them putting this out on their own using their own deadlines and resources and knowing that they are dependent 100% on the proceeds of sales and thus the level of marketability and product output needs to be higher level  for it to be even worth it.

Two different deliverables here.

Just my take on it matter.

Edited by Maxis
  • Like 2

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

2 hours ago, Carts85 said:

This is the thing, for free I’m not moaning but Gaya have took the money from MSFS an delivered a half done product. Annoying from a developer that delivers on there ‘payware’ products. I just feel like do it as good as you can or done bother but that’s just me.

The product is being given to the userbase for free so I think it's fair to assume the budget they have to produce an addon is possibly substantially less than what they'd have for a production they are able to sell. Therefore, it's not really fair to compare their usual payware addons to something they've done on contract for MS. 

At the end of the day it's a great rendition of Zurich IMO and I'd say that would be worth paying for but we've got it for free. 

The free version of Zurich by Gaya is a premium deluxe airport in MSFS right?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

1 minute ago, captain420 said:

No this airport was updated in your last update. Before that it was a standard airport

Edited by Maxis

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

Oh it's a standard airport. So then everyone gets it. What if we have FSDT's version. Do we need to uninstall the default Gaya's version?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

2 minutes ago, captain420 said:

I got it, even though I have the Standard version of MSFS.

• Like 1

Bert

1 minute ago, captain420 said:

Oh it's a standard airport. So then everyone gets it. What if we have FSDT's version. Do we need to uninstall the default Gaya's version?

You can delete it from your "Official" folder if you wish..   microsoft-airport-lszh-zurich

• Like 1

Bert

32 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

You can delete it from your "Official" folder if you wish..   microsoft-airport-lszh-zurich

Or in the Content Manager, I would assume..

For now, I have disabled the payware airport in Addons Linker.

Edited by Bert Pieke

Bert

I own the FSDreamteam version and I can say that each has their advantages. I think Gaya's interior is better in one of the terminals but on airside they have traffic going up and over the roof of one of the main buildings that looks ridiculous. You'd wonder how they missed that in their quality control. Overall I think I might go back to the FSDreamteam version unless Gaya fix the night lighting. It just feels like they rushed it which is a bit sad as it could be great and better than FSDreamteams with a few small improvements.

Also, in the fog elements of the terminals stick out bizzarely.

8 minutes ago, steve310002 said:

I own the FSDreamteam version and I can say that each has their advantages. I think Gaya's interior is better in one of the terminals but on airside they have traffic going up and over the roof of one of the main buildings that looks ridiculous. You'd wonder how they missed that in their quality control. Overall I think I might go back to the FSDreamteam version unless Gaya fix the night lighting. It just feels like they rushed it which is a bit sad as it could be great and better than FSDreamteams with a few small improvements.

Also, in the fog elements of the terminals stick out bizzarely.

Agree… This is the frustrating point. Gaya could do so much better with it. Free or not I think it’s bad business to lower your standards an worth risking your reputation.

Edited by Carts85
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Carts85 said:

Free or not I think it’s bad business to lower your standards an worth risking your reputation.

They certainly are not risking their reputation with me.

If this airport showed up from MrX in Xplane for free, I think most people would be ecstatic and singing its praises.

As it is (to me) its a great free offering.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

12 minutes ago, HiFlyer said:

They certainly are not risking their reputation with me.

If this airport showed up from MrX in Xplane for free, I think most people would be ecstatic and singing its praises.

As it is (to me) its a great free offering.

We will agree to disagree… For some this is adequate and I can appreciate that if you sit in that bracket… For me, Gaya have delivered much better quality albeit payware, this is one I wished they offered as payware as it’s an airport of interest, I’ll be tapering my expectations of them going forward.

I wonder why gaya gives away this middle class version „for free“ - it is very unfair against their competitor(s) and spoils the business of the payware maker community. They should at least give away an airport what is not yet on the market.